HDHomeRun DVR

ernstgot

playadru182

Is anyone else interested in a solution that would include the ability to view CCI 0x02 (Copy-Once) or similarly restricted content?  

For example, is anyone else clear if the new HDHomeRun DVR app be able to record/view/pause live CCI 0x02 copy-once content? In effect, will this be a Windows Media Center alternative?

I've been sending a couple emails back and forth through the site's feedback form but still don't have a definite answer.

I think they hope for that to be the case but there is this disclaimer:

Silicondust is required to comply with industry-required protection rules when recording and playing back protected content. It may not be possible to support protected content on all platforms. In the extreme case playing back of protected content may be have to be disabled or discontinued on a specific platform if found not to be secure.

jasonmcroy

Well, they hit the first mark of 100,000. I am looking forward to this program very much. Although, in reality, the plugin being developed by Jose is working great for me as well, so it may not even be needed. However, I do like options!

-Jason

• 3 weeks later...
scanner50

Just noticed they added a goal for integration with Plex at the $250,000 mark which they've surpassed. Hopefully that's not an exclusivity thing and they'll allow us to make an Emby plug-in for it.

EDIT: Actually just saw this statement about Plex integration in their faq: "Kodi and Plex will not support protected content at launch." That could be bad for those hoping (like me) that an Emby plugin for this would become a true WMC replacement, at least at the outset.

Deihmos

Just noticed they added a goal for integration with Plex at the $250,000 mark which they've surpassed. Hopefully that's not an exclusivity thing and they'll allow us to make an Emby plug-in for it.

EDIT: Actually just saw this statement about Plex integration in their faq: "Kodi and Plex will not support protected content at launch." That could be bad for those hoping (like me) that an Emby plugin for this would become a true WMC replacement, at least at the outset.

Kodi supports it on android.