Media not found (Ubuntu server)

keldian

keldian

Hi,

I successfully installed Emby on my Ubuntu VPS, with everything up to date and running. I set up the media library with paths to TV and movie directories containing some videos, and then scanned the library. In the Emby web client, those videos don't show up at all—on Plex they show up just fine with the same library setup. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by keldian

gsnerf

Well for one it might be that the scan process simply didn't finish yet. It might also be that there are some access problems. Please have a look in the log files for the server and see if there are any errors reported.

Please note, that the user emby is executed as usually isn't the same as the user you are logged into. Make sure that the emby user can read your library folders.

keldian

I accidentally figured it out. The aforementioned videos are directly in the root of the directory, which apparently Emby doesn't like, because I added some videos which are inside their own directory, and they were detected. Strange behavior when compared to Plex, but I guess I can work with it.

Edited by keldian

When trying to scan my library I get path not found.

One of the options is to my media on an external hard drive connected to my Intel NUC. which is listed correctly. I have nothing on the internal hard drive.

Doing something wrong.

Edited by geoff