ver3.2.0.281 question

saitoh183

saitoh183

I just saw the blog entry about the new 3.2. When i enter movies or TV shows i dont see the left side menu items Like Latest,favorites etc...is this something we have to enable? I dont want to have to reinstall again since this seems to mess up all currently sync information to the server....sync jobs are all removed on server.

I tried connecting via Emby Connect and manually

server version : Version 3.0.5569.0

Edited by saitoh183

7illusions

You're still sporting the old version. :)

To force an update, open the store app -> Bring out CharmsMenu -> Click App Updates -> Click Check for updates

saitoh183

You're still sporting the old version. :)

To force an update, open the store app -> Bring out CharmsMenu -> Click App Updates -> Click Check for updates

No App updates available

saitoh183

No App updates available

I says under Mediabrowser in my apps that last update was today

7illusions

If you bring out the charmsmenu in the Emby app and click Settings -> Permissions. What version does iit say.

7illusions

Wait! Are you on windows 10 and not using US as primary app-language?

saitoh183

Wait! Are you on windows 10 and not using US as primary app-language?

8.1 pre-installed on my Acer Iconia

saitoh183

8.1 pre-installed on my Acer Iconia

Region set to Canada

7illusions

ok. Good.

Thought is was another Win10 translation bug.

So, can I get a scrreenshot of how your mainview and your tv-view looks like?

saitoh183

What is funny is that the login changed to the new one i think.(green buttons for connect and sign in)

7illusions

Ok. It's not the app that's the problem, it's your server setup.

The TvShows option on the mainview isn't a UserCollectionView, it's just a folder/collection.

You need to configure the server to treat content in a way that the app understand.

saitoh183

Ok. It's not the app that's the problem, it's your server setup.

The TvShows option on the mainview isn't a UserCollectionView, it's just a folder/collection.

You need to configure the server to treat content in a way that the app understand.

I dont understand...you mean under My Views section?

7illusions

In web client -> dashboard -> Library. When you configure your folders, what contenttype do you have on the one named "Tv Shows"? It should be Tv.

saitoh183

I dont understand...you mean under My Views section?

You mean i have to group everything back up in order to get thoses options to show? Which means breaking my server configuration to split up my content.

saitoh183

In web client -> dashboard -> Library. When you configure your folders, what contenttype do you have on the one named "Tv Shows"? It should be Tv.

Content Type = TV

Media Folder Name is TV shows

551da18439ee7_emby1.jpg

7illusions

Well, the options are based on the content. If you don't have any "Tv" content you don't get to see the Tv-View, you get to the CollectionView.. Which is what your screenshot shows.

saitoh183

Well, the options are based on the content. If you don't have any "Tv" content you don't get to see the Tv-View, you get to the CollectionView.. Which is what your screenshot shows.

So the screenshot of my library settings is right or wrong...sorry confused  cuz you said I need a CollectionView

Vicpa

Hi,

Maybe a semantic thing. I think what you are seeing is based on a preference setting "Not to group" content. If you uncheck a library in the group content section, You get a top level menu choice and a folder view as 7 has indicated.

My guess from your screen shot is that you have two TV libraries Kids-tv and TV Shows and don't want the grouped together. Makes sense. The app however works based on how the server works. If you split them you get folder views. 

So your library is probably fine it is the grouping. I think some folks use different profiles for kids etc to split content between adults and kids at a top level don't know if that would work for you.

Hope this helps, I could be wrong...

-Vicpa

akkidy

I had the same problem initially and couldn't figure out why the latest version is not showing the grouping. When Vicpa mentioned about preference setting, I checked all boxes then I see the grouping for Latest, In Progress, etc. 

Under User preference, these boxes should be checked.

55204bb074557_20150404_133146.png

saitoh183

I had the same problem initially and couldn't figure out why the latest version is not showing the grouping. When Vicpa mentioned about preference setting, I checked all boxes then I see the grouping for Latest, In Progress, etc. 

Under User preference, these boxes should be checked.

55204bb074557_20150404_133146.png

Yup i know but i dont want this becuase it breaks my kodi setup and Roku setup

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ThunderStorm

I was completely fine with folder views, is there no way to go back to that, I always have to (and worse, teach my kids to) go select folder view before getting to their kids folder? I might go try the user profile thing actually, that's the main difference I have.

Thanks.

I was completely fine with folder views, is there no way to go back to that, I always have to (and worse, teach my kids to) go select folder view before getting to their kids folder? I might go try the user profile thing actually, that's the main difference I have.

Thanks.

Yes, in user preferences, turn off the library grouping as well as the rich displays