Cover art not showing following EMBY update

Treecrusher

Treecrusher

Hi everyone,

After my server updated to 3.0.5569.0 the cover art has stopped working. It doesn't work on all clients including the web-client, EMBY Classic and EMBY Theater and different accounts. I have just updated all clients to latest release and still the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Treecrusher

Ok, sorry. Basically, since the server updated no images are showing on any of my clients. I have pretty complete metadata, including images, but after the update nothing shows. Below is a screen shot of my metadata manager showing "The Americans" TV show. I have all the meatadata, but you can see the images aren't showing. Even if I try downloading the images again they still don't show through. This happens anywhere in any client you would expect to see images, the images just don't show through.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I've now uninstalled the server and reinstalled it and get the same problem. I've uploaded a log file too.

551dd8906ebc0_Capture.png

server-63563683344.txt

Edited by Treecrusher

Looks like you are running on Vista.  I don't think many people are still and maybe there is a problem with the new image processing on that version of Windows.

make sure the visual studio 2010 c++ x86 runtime is installed. our installer already does that. maybe it got removed by something else on your system

Treecrusher

Looks like you are running on Vista.  I don't think many people are still and maybe there is a problem with the new image processing on that version of Windows.

It's running on a Windows Server 2008 machine. Would hate to have to update the machine would be a colossal PITA

make sure the visual studio 2010 c++ x86 runtime is installed. our installer already does that. maybe it got removed by something else on your system

I uninstalled and re-installed Visual Studio 2010 c++ but still no difference.

Thanks for the suggestions, any other ideas?

i don't think it's anything vista specific but certainly there's something that image magick is depending on that's not there. so we're going to have to figure that out.

According to their website i see they support Vista SP2, so make sure you have SP2 and make sure all windows updates are installed.

Treecrusher

i don't think it's anything vista specific but certainly there's something that image magick is depending on that's not there. so we're going to have to figure that out.

According to their website i see they support Vista SP2, so make sure you have SP2 and make sure all windows updates are installed.

Yes, SP2 is installed and all up to date.

To add to the mix, I just downloaded the server again and installed it on my laptop running Windows 8, all up to date, then copied over the backup files to emulate my media browser server on my laptop and still the same issue.

I might uninstall it from my laptop and do a new fresh install and not copy in my backup files and see if it still does it.

Treecrusher

Ok, I did a test where I installed the server application on my laptop and had it scan my library from scratch (as opposed to copying in my backup files). It worked, all the images show through properly, so there must be some problem with one of the files that you need to copy when migrating Emby server. Couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to force a full rebuild of the library where Emby server re-reads all meta data?

2. If no is the answer above, is there a way to copy/save what episodes/movies have been watched and which haven't? That way I could just start again, but I would hate to loose what shows I haven't watched.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Treecrusher

I tried deleting the server cache, which didn't work. It did rebuild the cache, but the images still didn't show through. I entered a custom cache path and let it rebuild the cache in a new place and now it works. Not sure why, but its working and that is what is important.

Thanks for everybody's help.

• 3 months later...
Bert-KS

I have the same issue after every server update or machine restart (it normally runs 24/7 as it carries other VMs and services as well). The last one last night to 3.0.5675.1 was no exception. TV-Shows don't show anything at all, not even empty pictures frames just two lines with the 3 dots. Most pictures for movies are missing as well...

The work around is to re-scan the library. This brings all pictures and meta data back. It obviously refreshes the database and fixes the problem on a manual base...

Cheers,

BERT

I have the same issue after every server update or machine restart (it normally runs 24/7 as it carries other VMs and services as well). The last one last night to 3.0.5675.1 was no exception. TV-Shows don't show anything at all, not even empty pictures frames just two lines with the 3 dots. Most pictures for movies are missing as well...

The work around is to re-scan the library. This brings all pictures and meta data back. It obviously refreshes the database and fixes the problem on a manual base...

Cheers,

BERT

There's no explanation for that. Nothing has really changed here. The server has always required an initial startup scan that you need to allow to finish before you will see all images. It's something we hope to eliminate soon, but it's always been that way.