Connect stopped working after lastest server update

lang-server
Go to solution Solved by lang-server,

lang-server

Updated to the latest release today..  I can no longer connect through the web client.

I enter "app.mediabrowser.tv"

I get the logon screen.

I enter logon information.

The screen blinks VERY quickly showing I think is the "which server" screen, the immediately returns to the logon screen with blank entries for name and password.

It works on the machine that has the server, but not on a different computer, which is on the local network. 

There all no log entries on the server showing any type of connect

This all worked before the latest update.

Cerothen

Updated to the latest release today..  I can no longer connect through the web client.

I enter "app.mediabrowser.tv"

I get the logon screen.

I enter logon information.

The screen blinks VERY quickly showing I think is the "which server" screen, the immediately returns to the logon screen with blank entries for name and password.

It works on the machine that has the server, but not on a different computer, which is on the local network. 

There all no log entries on the server showing any type of connect

This all worked before the latest update.

It looks like they have decided to update the hostname to Emby, maybe that could be causing the issues?

I would see if going to "http://app.emby.media" works for you instead of the old link.

Edited by Cerothen

lang-server

Update:.....  There is something in the windows browser (ie, cookies, history) or whatever that is causing the problem.  When I start an "inprivate" seesion. the media connect works. 

So the question would be, what information is media connect storing on the computer, that needs to be erased ?

Cerothen

Results:.

app.embry.media  - same problem..

Using http:  works

Just making sure you entered "EMBY" not "EMBRY"

lang-server

yes, I used the "EMBY", just a misspell on the post. 

Like I stated... It's something to do with whatever CONNECT is storing, that the browser is picking up as something OLD.

lang-server

Refreshing gets me further.  After sign on, I NOW get the select server screen. When I select a server, it goes BACK to the signon screen with all fills blank.

Unfortunately, that also happens when I use "inprivate".

jordy

It's working for me. maybe try clearing your browser cache first, that might help.

lang-server

I cleared everything. It looks like it gets the first "media" page, then VERY quickly returning to the login screen...

This happens on IE, Firefox and Chrome... So, at this point I think it's another issue.   The server is showing something, so I have attached the LOG.

server-63563481297.txt

jordy

just a thought. Have you set a pin code for access? if so are you entering the correct pin when logging on to the server?

there are some errors in the log referring to:

"Could not find file 'C:\Users\Susan\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\dashboard-ui\dashboard'."

Is your network connection stable?

Perhaps you could try to uninstall the server and start afresh...

Might be a job for Luke.

Edited by jordy

• Solution
lang-server

No, there is no PIN. Yes, the network is VERYYYY stable. 

In reference to the "Could not find file 'C:\Users\Susan\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\dashboard-ui\dashboard'.", that file does INDEED exist, so I have no idea why that error. In addition, my android, roku, MBC, and MBT all work fine, its just the web browser.

Well, WTF!! Today it's working.  Nothing changed on my part, same network, same server, same browser. Did someone make a change to "connect"???

• Like 1