Filters Updated

babgvant

• 2 weeks later...

I notice all the filters on my new ET installation have updated to the latest versions but madVR refuses to update beyond V0.87. I have tried deleting the .txt files in the COMObjects folder but to no avail. Is 0.87 the latest version officially supported by ET? 

babgvant

That's odd. It should check every week and pull down the updated set (assuming they are newer). I'll have a look when I get a chance.

You can always just overwrite the contents of the folder (i.e. madvr) with whatever version you want.

Thanks. It is happening on both my HTPC and PC ET installs. I have now overwritten the folder with the latest madVR but it would be nice for auto update to keep everything in step.

babgvant

Totally agree. I'll have to figure out what the problem is. The whole point is to remove the need for users to self manage this sort of thing.

BTW, I forgot to ask. Are you using the older player or the new one?

babgvant

New Emby Theatre V1.0.41

I think this might be because the COMObjects are always first extracted from the exe itself and there was a lag b/w when the filters are updated here and when they get updated in the release. *.42 includes the latest madVR in standard. Please LMK if you can still reproduce.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest asrequested

I don't see a mention of a LAV update since 0.67. The present release is 0.68.1. I copied the latest version into the folder. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
puithove

@@babgvant - you might want to consider bumping the madVR version for Edge.  v0.91.4 seems to be going well (has been out for a while and had fixes since the first 91 release)  The new NGU scaler is quite impressive.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

@@babgvant - you might want to consider bumping the madVR version for Edge.  v0.91.4 seems to be going well (has been out for a while and had fixes since the first 91 release)  The new NGU scaler is quite impressive.

I agree. It's really a game changer, and has had enough bugfix releases.

• 4 weeks later...