Network path problem or .vob problem?

KarterJK

KarterJK

OK everything works nicely except on some, my paths are network paths

with windows media center and (MyMovies plugin) I typically use .vob files located on my MyCloud storage units (not DLNA) I use them basically as harddrives

so a typical path would be

MyCloud/Movies/01 Directory/moviename  (and it would contain the video_ts folder)

if they play with my app.mediabrowser.tv client I leave them as such and don't convert them

if not,  I convert them to .mkv and store them on a local drive.

but with the Samsung app it

just shows loading in upper right corner and never starts to play

all the other info shows fine

chapters

characters, etc....

most of my files are on a local drive and in .mkv format and so they play without problem

so I don't know if it is a path name problem or a .vob problem

Question:

in setting this up i used my web ip

can i set this up to use my local ip?  that may resolve the issue.

Edited by KarterJK

FrostByte

Mine is set to my 192.168 internal address, but you can also use the host name I believe

KarterJK

Mine is set to my 192.168 internal address, but you can also use the host name I believe

I will try that and see if it makes a difference

thnx

Edited by KarterJK

chessdragon136

None of my videos direct play, all direct stream (the server passes the video to the player, the tv's dont have network share capability) so im almost certain it isnt a path issue (unless you have issues in other clients) - VOB support is very limited, and its most likely that that is causing the  problem.

KarterJK

None of my videos direct play, all direct stream (the server passes the video to the player, the tv's dont have network share capability) so im almost certain it isnt a path issue (unless you have issues in other clients) - VOB support is very limited, and its most likely that that is causing the  problem.

No problems on any of the other apps they all work and play fine at least the vob's that I didn't convert.

I was trying to avoid having to convert everything if I didn't have too, over 700 movies.

I never have understood why vob has not been supported more, oh well, maybe I will just end up converting them all :(

chessdragon136

Well I'll try make a bob file and see what happens but this won't be a quick fix

• 5 months later...
amotto11

I am having a similar problem as KarterJK, I have 95% of my movies in video_ts folder structure. They all play nicely on the android app and on the web based system, but i cannot get them to play on my samsung smart tv. It lists all the titles etc, but when i press play, it will just get stuck "loading...". Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Is it possible to transcode the movies when playing on the Samsung TV, I saw a DLNA setting for it on the server, but I am too new with this to know what it is talking about or mess with the settings.