Refresh rate change not working

Regotz

Regotz

Emby on Apple TV is still not capable of changing the refresh rate accordingly. Ghe option MVP or not does not change anything. Set streaming quality to „auto“ results in a very bad quality with stuttering instead of direct streaming. Plex on the same Apple TV with the same movies shows excellent quality without any stutter. Refresh rate changing does work in Plex as expected. In my opinion, almost any update Emby let things become bader. Actually, i switched to Plex. Much more reliable system. 

• Like 1

vdatanet
18 minutes ago, Regotz said:

Emby on Apple TV is still not capable of changing the refresh rate accordingly. Ghe option MVP or not does not change anything. Set streaming quality to „auto“ results in a very bad quality with stuttering instead of direct streaming. Plex on the same Apple TV with the same movies shows excellent quality without any stutter. Refresh rate changing does work in Plex as expected. In my opinion, almost any update Emby let things become bader. Actually, i switched to Plex. Much more reliable system. 

While I much like the Emby server, the Plex client for Apple TV is much better than the Emby one. 😟

• Agree 1

Regotz

Thats true. I like the Emby server more than the Plex one but the client on Apple TV on Emby side was and is always a buggy thing. A pity…

• Like 1

Regotz

Since refresh rate changing is not working on apple tv (as I could read in the forum this issue is present for more than one year!!!) I tried MRCR app. But guess what: a connection to my emby server is not possible. Emby connect does accept the pin but there is an error (access token could not be extracted. And as usual: Plex works flawless. Now I'm definitively finished with Emby, such a buggy beta app! I regret to have subscribed for premiere. I will go back to Plex for ever.

Edited by Regotz

Regotz
59 minutes ago, DarS23 said:

You could try with the Infuse app. It's working really well on the 

59 minutes ago, DarS23 said:

You could try with the Infuse app. It's working really well on the Apple TV

Thank you, I will give it a try.

• 1 month later...
Skynet92

Hello,
I just got my Apple TV 4K (2021) and I installed Emby to do a little test.
Indeed the refresh rate does not work well.

With videos in 720p, 1080p and 2160p in H.264 it works my TV goes well in 24Hz, but in H.265 it does not work it remains in 60hz strange!

I use Emby on a nVidia Shield and there is a huge gap between these 2 versions. 

vdatanet
1 hour ago, Skynet92 said:

but in H.265 it does not work it remains in 60hz strange

Using native player H265 content is transcoded and using MPV player dynamic range and framerate match, does not work.

• 3 months later...
stefan1983
On 23/08/2021 at 20:31, vdatanet said:

Using native player H265 content is transcoded and using MPV player dynamic range and framerate match, does not work.

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Any update planned soon?

Really annoying.

thanks

Edited by stefan1983
  • Like 1

stefan1983

Is it planned to work on this anytime soon @Luke

I tried MrMC in the meantime, the refresh rate switch works there for both x264 and x265 video files without any issue. The TV switches always to the perfect refresh rate. I would like to get rid of MrMC because I don’t like the interface and gui at all. Emby is much better here.

Thanks

Edited by stefan1983
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...