Unable to install 4.6.4.0 or 4.7.0.3 on QTS 5.0 Beta

markand

NiftieNev
On 07/10/2021 at 05:26, Psyborg said:

QNAP has published the official release of QTS some days ago (QTS 5.0.0.1808 Build 20211001).

Yes but does Emby work with it?

Has anyone tried installing the package via CLI using sh by any chance? I would be curious about what error it throws (if any at all).

Try installing the latest version of the server using the latest version of qts 5.0.

For us this is working now without having to make any changes, so it's possible qnap fixed something in qts.

• Thanks 1

gillmacca01

@squecan you confirm build number of QTS, just incase anyone hasn't received the correct version (some Countries get builds later than others)

@gillmacca01

I am on QTS 5.0.0.1828 und Emby 4.6.4.0. 

I actually have two Qnap servers (both on the same QTS 5 now)

On one server I first updated to QTS 5.0.0.1828 and did than install emby. On the other server I had emby 4.6.4.0 up and running under QTS 4.5.4.1800 and did than update QTS to 5.0.0.1828.

Both ways worked perfectly for me. 

• Thanks 1

gillmacca01

After installing 5.0.0.1828, I encounted issues with a message "dns server cannot resolve hosts".

This has been reported be several people in the QNAP forum, with no fix at present, and this has stopped my IPTV working as well as the TV guide downloading.

I am currently attempting to rollback to pre 5.0 (fingers crossed it works)

7 hours ago, djfulmine said:

I update yesterday, and it gone all good. It work perfectly with qts 5.0.0.1828 and emby version 4.6.4.0 on qnap ts-431p2

Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
snowypete

I was having some issues as well with Emby 4.3 ish that I had installed on my QNAP. I upgraded the firmware from QNAP QTS 4 something or other to QTS 5.0.0.1932 for security purposes. QNAP kept stopping Emby server every hour or so, because it didn't have a valid digital certificate. Also I wasn't able to install the latest Emby package 4.6.7.0 as it gave similar errors to what others got on page 1 of this topic.

What I found is QTS 5 must turn off "Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature" when QTS 5 is updated and first run. I suppose I could have just done the following and ran the older Emby package still, but it's been a while since Emby was updated anyway.

Under

- App Centre/Settings/General   (first tab) - click the box "Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature".

- Then click apply.

Then do your normal manual install for Emby. i.e.

- Stop the Emby service first

- In App Centre - click on the  + in the top right corner (install manually)

- Browse to the Emby package you downloaded and hit install. Check the "I understand the risks" checkbox

Installs no worries and everything's happy in the world again.

• Thanks 1