Favorites

Zodler

Zodler

In Emby Server you can tag 3 kind of videos as favorite.

TV Shows

TV Episodes

Movies

In Kodi you can create smart playlists to find these. Using Tag is Favorite Movies or Tag is Favorite TVshows works.

However I don't see a Tag for Favorite TVepisodes. I can't put them in a playlist.

I don't know if it's a problem on Emby Server side or Kodi/Emby Addon.

Does the server correctly add tags to favorite episodes?

rodainas

In Emby Next Gen, you have the autocreated node for Favorite Episodes already:

FAVORITE EPISODES NODE

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<node type="folder" order="2">

<icon>\resources\DefaultFavourites.png</icon>

<label>Favorite Episodes</label>

<match>all</match>

<content>episodes</content>

<path>plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen/?mode=browse&type=Episode&folder=FavEpisodes</path>

</node>

if you compare it to the node created for tvshows by emby next gen:

FAVORITE TV SHOWS

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<node type="filter" order="1">

<icon>\resources\DefaultFavourites.png</icon>

<label>Favorite Shows</label>

<match>all</match>

<content>tvshows</content>

-<rule operator="is" field="tag">

<value>Favorite tvshows</value>

</rule>

<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>

</node>

The favorite episodes one is plugin dependant (because of the path used) and the tvshows one is created using tag, so this is what you are experiencing, and the answer is that it originates on how the addon handles it and not specifically emby-server, because it doesnt use the tag system for favorite episodes therefore cant be used to create playlists within kodi.

Edited by rodainas

Zodler

I'm using the old Emby addon in Kodi 18.

Yes I do see and can use prepared Fav Episodes and Fav Shows nodes created by Emby addon.

The reason I wanted to create my own playlists is the sort order. First, in what order is the Fav Episodes node? While open you can't change the sort order.

I want to use these playlists as widgets with sort set as Date Added.

I was already able to do it for Fav Shows.

I still don't understand why they can't add tags to episodes.

What is the sort order of Fav Episodes and can I change it?

rodainas
12 minutes ago, Zodler said:

I'm using the old Emby addon in Kodi 18.

Yes I do see and can use prepared Fav Episodes and Fav Shows nodes created by Emby addon.

The reason I wanted to create my own playlists is the sort order. First, in what order is the Fav Episodes node? While open you can't change the sort order.

I want to use these playlists as widgets with sort set as Date Added.

I was already able to do it for Fav Shows.

I still don't understand why they can't add tags to episodes.

What is the sort order of Fav Episodes and can I change it?

There is no possibility of sort order customization there because is handled directly by plugin path, so no customization there for Kodi.

About the reason why, well am sure @quickmiccan help you there.

• Like 1

Zodler

Since I was able to do it with TV Shows and was able to set the sort order, it would be great to have more control over Favorite Episodes. Feature Request!

quickmic

old Emby addon

You mean 4.x version? Is there a reason why?

I tested the function in next gen and sorting option is working fine. At least in my internal testversion. I haven't check with latest stable, but I assume it's also ok.

Zodler

I have an Amlogic S912 and CoreELEC says they will not support it for Kodi 19. So I will be stock with Kodi 18.

Should I Install "Emby For Kodi Next Gen"? Will it work with Kodi 18?

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Zodler said:

I have an Amlogic S912 and CoreELEC says they will not support it for Kodi 19. So I will be stock with Kodi 18.

Should I Install "Emby For Kodi Next Gen"? Will it work with Kodi 18?

Yes, Kodi 18 and 19 is supported. Be aware, upgrade will require a complete Kodi content resync.

If you use custom skin, some node updates are also required.

Probably take a backup from current installation, so you can rollback.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
beefpitas

So I have kodi setup running the embuary skin and emby-next gen.  I recently had to rebuild my kodi setup, but it is mostly synced through emby so its pretty easy.  However, there is the favorites item at the top of the main screen.  I'm not sure what this is really called, but I believe it is a kodi thing because it says either home / favorites or just favorites when in the "home" page. 

I used to have a single tab called favorites that took me to all the items marked as favorites via emby.  In kodi I would have to use the "emby options" tab to add an item to emby favorites in order to move it to this page.  But it was a single page with both favorite movies and favorite tv shows.  In emby server they were always separate.  but in kodi/embuary, I had this one page with both.  There was always a separate favorites tab, I believe at the top of the window, which took me to kodi favorites.  If I just long clicked on an item and said "add to favorites" it would go there, but only on the local device's kodi library.

I would love to set up my favorites this way again, but I really can't remember how I managed to do it before, and I can't go back because something go really messed up and I couldn't play anything.

Any help would be great, thanks

quickmic
On 12/7/2022 at 5:36 PM, beefpitas said:

So I have kodi setup running the embuary skin and emby-next gen.  I recently had to rebuild my kodi setup, but it is mostly synced through emby so its pretty easy.  However, there is the favorites item at the top of the main screen.  I'm not sure what this is really called, but I believe it is a kodi thing because it says either home / favorites or just favorites when in the "home" page. 

I used to have a single tab called favorites that took me to all the items marked as favorites via emby.  In kodi I would have to use the "emby options" tab to add an item to emby favorites in order to move it to this page.  But it was a single page with both favorite movies and favorite tv shows.  In emby server they were always separate.  but in kodi/embuary, I had this one page with both.  There was always a separate favorites tab, I believe at the top of the window, which took me to kodi favorites.  If I just long clicked on an item and said "add to favorites" it would go there, but only on the local device's kodi library.

I would love to set up my favorites this way again, but I really can't remember how I managed to do it before, and I can't go back because something go really messed up and I couldn't play anything.

Any help would be great, thanks

Well combining all Favorites into a single node is on the todo list for 8.x.

But what you obviously want is using the favorite function from Kodi. Not sure if I can add this feature, cause this Kodi function is very limited and is actually more like a filelist.