Movie will not Display

Cguerrero05

Cguerrero05

I am having an issue with the ability to see movies in my library when I add them to the Emby Library.  I have no issues with adding home made video’s or music, but when I add Movies or TV Shows which are in either mp4, mov, and avi format and know of them add on to the library.  I am wanting to buy the life time version but I wanted to test it out first so I paid for the month.  So can someone help with this matter.

Thanks, 

Chris G.

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example? How are your files named and organized? Thanks.

Cguerrero05

Hello there, thanks for the quick reply,

Well I have the movies in 2 folders called like this:

Movies_0-M_T/Action/12 Rounds (2009.mp4

Movies_N-Z_T (Same File Format in this Folder)

The TV Shows are like this:

TV_Shows_0-M_T/9-1-1/Season 1/9-1-1 S01E01 Web.mkv

TV_Shows_N-Z_T  (Same File Format in this folder)

On they are in this same format on my plex server and I have had Plex since 2013 in this format with out a problem.  I am trying to give myself another option incase the Plex server were to go down I have the Plex server on another NAS and all I would have to do is start the Emby app on my device and that would be great.

Now last week Emby was working fine on movies and tv shows but it was not showing all the media.  So I removed the folders and waited a night and then I added them again but this time is did not acknowledge the moves or tv shows just the music and home videos.  And they are also in the same format.

Music is in this format:

Music_T/All Green - The Very Best of All Green (2001) Completely/01 - Lets Stay Together.m3

And Home Videos format:

Video_Misc/Kids Home Videos/2019 Leahs Personalized XMas Video Santa Claus.mp4

And these are having now problems showing up and playing on Emby.  So I am trying to figure out why iits choosing to to do this.

Thanks,

Chris G.

Cguerrero05

Several times it dosn’t even look like it is running scan fully it takes a second to run.  And I have over 3TB of movies and 4TB of TV Shows for it to go so fast.  It took a bit for the music to finally scan and that has less then a TB on that Hard Drive.

Chris G.

Cguerrero05

Hello there again,

So any other ideas to try to get this fixed?  I don't wan to commit to a subscription fully till I get this resolved.

I look forward the any other ideas that might help

Chris G.

Cguerrero05

Tech Support,

So since I had tried what you had suggested and it did not work.  I then Unistalled the Emby Software from my NAS and deleted the emby user.  Rebooted the NAS and reinstalled the emby software.  I then made a little change to the folder name and now it is working.

Thanks,

CG

On 7/17/2021 at 4:21 PM, Cguerrero05 said:

Tech Support,

So since I had tried what you had suggested and it did not work.  I then Unistalled the Emby Software from my NAS and deleted the emby user.  Rebooted the NAS and reinstalled the emby software.  I then made a little change to the folder name and now it is working.

Thanks,

CG

Thanks for the feedback !