album displaying folder location instead of album or album artist

Chipsta040365

Chipsta040365

I added a mislabeled Album(now that's 80's-Dance) and it made a mess of my music and my Emby layout!

So I deleted the music folder, cleared all the music to another temp location.

I added a new Music Folder in Emby Server, I then after pains takingly manually updated all the albums to be correct put them back 1 at a time verifying as i went along.

However, 1 album is showing the Folder location, instead of the Artist name or Album name, it shows as folder name, and it is causing sorting issues, such as putting album under e, instead of A for Aerosmith

I double checked and removed the nfo files, i even totally deleted and re - added back the album, but, still has folder location as part of the name

See Screenshots attached

PS, I changed the name and hit save, both with lock on and off,as well as, manually creating and updating a new artist nfo and Album info. it will not update!

I checked the server metadata folder and did not see an Aerosmith location with details either, I am Stumped!!!

Please Help!

I have another 35 albums to add

Thanks in Advance!

Main_Screen.PNG

Album_View.PNG

Name_Change.PNG

Sorting_Issue.PNG

Edited by Chipsta040365
Spelling changes - added tags

Chipsta040365

Also, is there an option to Add Album(record) artwork for the flac album files, or just Disc art?

Chipsta040365

a quick Update, if i use Metadata Manager(not the edit function from music library in emby, i can get it corrected! :)

However, if i hit refresh metadata, look for missing... i get the e:/Music/Aerosmith name again.

Is this possibly hard coded  in the files?

i do use MediaMonkey and MusicBrainz picard for tagging, nothing seems to be incorrect....

Thoughts?

Chipsta040365

Cayars, 

Thanks for the reply

I have my main music as E:/music/

Then there is subfolders for each artist, then sub folders in the artist folder for all their albums

I use the following...

\Music
    \Artist Name
       \Album Name
          1- Song.mp3
          2- Song.mp3

I recently used an mp3tagger to wipe and clear all metatags, which got rid of the e:\Music\Aerosmith, however, now that is tagging the album with the same album cover, but, making 3 albums 1 with song 1, another one with song 3 and 8, and a 3rd one with the rest of the album - this is definitely frustrating, and it don't know why it is happening?

932546387_3albums.thumb.PNG.3bfad01cd4fc1af80584a5411063a03f.PNG

Edited by Chipsta040365
Update information

Hi, I would check the album tags and the albumartist tags for each of the tracks and make sure they are consistent. That is what needs to happen in order for them to be grouped together as one album.

You should be able to bring up the whole album in mp3tag and see these tags as rows making it very easy to find differences in tags.

Chipsta040365

Thanks everyone for the great information.

I think i have most of it sorted out

Is there a way to load album Records instead of cd?

Also, can we show animations? like an animated record or cd spinning while the album/cd is playing?

Thanks in Advance

On 7/17/2021 at 8:06 AM, Chipsta040365 said:

Yes. There is most certainly a way to show records instead of CD. In fact it would be trivial to layer tracks onto the record and make it appear like a 45 RPM (adapter style) or 33 1/3rd (spindle style) or whatever else. It would be simple to use the album art itself to cut a circle out of. Format it to look identical to a record and layer tracks on it. All on-the-fly from the album art. As long as the album has artwork it would make records. Yep. That would rock. Imagination is key.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:06 AM, Chipsta040365 said:

Also, can we show animations? like an animated record or cd spinning while the album/cd is playing.

Yes. There is most certainly a way to spin the record and even throw a record player style look on top with a tone arm and such. The limit is imagination...

I believe Kodi has spinning artwork. Kodi is the only application presently that can spin records albeit without a tone arm.

I love the record player idea, btw. Having it default by length and throw the appropriate record for the song length onto a record player would rock. Depending on how it is implemented it could be very cool indeed. ^_~

image.png Long live the 45 RPM Adapter!

Edited by speechles
  • Agree 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:06 AM, Chipsta040365 said:

Thanks everyone for the great information.

I think i have most of it sorted out

Also, can we show animations? like an animated record or cd spinning while the album/cd is playing?

Thanks in Advance

What was the solution?