Setting default audio track (AC-3) for live TV (using DVB Viewer)

kauzi

Hello,

I'm using Emby for some years now to manage my offline movies. For playback I'm using Kodi but I'm currently try out the live TV features of Emby and possibly will switch completely to Emby.

My question: Is there a possibility to define the default audio track to be used in live TV? Concretely I want the AC-3 audio track to be played preferably (if available). At the moment, Emby seems to play always simply the first audio track, what is mostly MP2. I'm using DVB Viewer Recording Service as TV headend.

Alternatively it would be great if Emby could remember the selected audio track per TV channel. With that I could select the AC-3 track once per channel and the next time it would be already selected. I understand this is not implemented, right?

Thanks already for your help,
Michael

Edited by kauzi
added details

Hi, by any chance is TV Headend setting the MP2 audio track as the default track?

Thanks cayars for the feedback. Good point, I looked it up in the DVB viewer settings and you can set the order of audio tracks per TV channel. That works when the DVB viewer is used for TV playback, but unfortunately in Emby (and also Kodi) the order of the audio tracks keeps unchanged.

The only solution to this I know of would be to post process after recording the recordings and mark the AC3 track as default.

OK, unfortunately recording does not help here as I want to have AC-3 for live TV per default. The easy solution would be if Emby would remember the latest selected audio track.

It does remember, but only for the selected track.  If you go back and play it again it will use the same audio.  But as soon as you switch to a different media file you would have to select again if there is no default audio track marked.

pünktchen

@kauzi after changing the track order in DVBViewer, you have to restart the Recording Service/Media Server and do a guide refresh in Emby to take affect.

• Like 1

Thanks for the hint. I restarted the recording server as well as Emby several times w/o success. The audio Tracks do not change their order.

Spaceboy

I had similar challenges in trying to get emby to stop prioritising the audio described for the blind audio stream used in the uk. Couldn’t do it. Thankfully I was able to just disallow that stream in dvbviewer. 

pünktchen
1 hour ago, kauzi said:

Thanks for the hint. I restarted the recording server as well as Emby several times w/o success. The audio Tracks do not change their order.

Did also run the refresh the guide task in Emby? That's absolutely necessary. But of course it's possible that it doesn't work with the Recoding Service at all. It is working with DVBViewer Media Server. I've tested it.

pünktchen

Also if you use favourites, they don't seem to get actualized. I had to drag'n'drop the new default track from the channellist to the favourites.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, pünktchen said:

Also if you use favourites, they don't seem to get actualized. I had to drag'n'drop the new default track from the channellist to the favourites.

I refreshed the guide in Emby several times and I also updated the Favourites accordingly but w/o success. Maybe I will switch to Media Server in the Future. Currently I can live with manually switching to the AC3 track if required.

So the issue is solved for me at the moment.

• Thanks 1