Emby crashing when browsing Photo library

adrianwi

adrianwi

After recreating my photo library to resolve some permission issues, I've now noticed that it's crashing my server on a fairly regular basis.  It's only happening when browsing the photo library, and is fine playing back other media.

I've had a look at the log file from this morning and will send via PM, but I can't see anything to even say it crashed.  I also see this in my TrueNAS console:

Jul 13 08:07:29 freenas0 kernel: pid 50755 (mono-sgen), jid 16, uid 989: exited on signal 6

Are there any TrueNAS logs that might help to pinpoint the issue?

Thanks

Duffyx

I have also noticed frequent core dumps of mono with the latest version of emby-server. (for me it only happens playing back music)

Edited by Duffyx

Try removing these plugins:

Email Notifications 3.1.6.0
	HueMoodLighting 1.3.0.0
	InfuseSync 1.3.3.0
	Playback Reporting 1.9.0.4
	Sonos Controller 1.0.9.0

Then restart the server and see how that compares. Thanks.

adrianwi

Still the same.  I just have to scroll down the Folder view list and it crashes when I get about half way down.

adrianwi

Yes.  Disabling the plugins made no difference at all.  Having my Photo library in emby is a 'nice to have' and I can live without it, although it would be good when I did use it that it didn't take my jail down.

Edited by adrianwi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
adrianwi

I've not been able to crash my server browsing the Photo library after rebuilding which is good.

I do have lots of strangely coloured thumbnails though, which I'm struggling to update/refresh.  Any ideas?

1585990245_Screenshot2021-08-23at10_05_30.thumb.png.c32f81dd998c2954fcfa62c7ea4b57fd.png

No, scratch that.  I have been able to crash the jail browsing a folder with several hundred pictures.  Checking the TrueNAS console it appeared to try and use all of the available 64GB RAM and eventually killed the jail

Aug 23 10:30:51 freenas0 kernel: pid 35352 (mono-sgen), jid 17, uid 989, was killed: out of swap space
Aug 23 10:31:50 freenas0 kernel[2327]: Last message 'pid 35352 (mono-sgen' repeated 1 times, suppressed by syslog-ng on freenas0.local

Edited by adrianwi

adrianwi

Absolutely none!  I'm quite happy with FreeNAS/TrueNAS and it would be great if you continue to make emby work on that platform.