Lists of items has wrong number of items

rodainas

rodainas

Hey @TeamB, just letting you know, maybe this has been addressed before and I didnt notice sorry if thats the case.

Global Lists, TV Shows, Latest (20), isnt showing the latest 20 tv shows, it is showing 3 for me right now, thats it the latest 3.

On the contrary on each individual TV Shows Library section on the addon, it shows the Latest 20 correctly.

Global Lists - TV Shows - TV Shows Latest (20)

Showing Incorrectly, in my case today just the latest 3.

image.thumb.png.e444f07a51bf29512d233ee8cf3ca86e.png

Emby Libraries - TV Shows 1 (specific library) - TV Shows Latest (20)

Showing Correctly.

image.thumb.png.5de3653f9770fa5f19e639459bdcb76f.png

Emby Libraries - TV Shows 2 (specific library) - TV Shows Latest (20)

Showing Correctly.

image.thumb.png.812b7d5f3865ce1ef92fb5f9624d4dc1.png

Thank you.

Edited by rodainas

TeamB

this sometimes happens when you add a bunch of new episodes to a show, did you recently add a lot of new episodes to one of the 3 shows in the global list?

rodainas

Thank you.

Like 5 for the first show, one for the second and one for the third.

I have tested that list from time to time, and always similar results for me, never the latest 20.

TeamB
1 hour ago, rodainas said:

Thank you.

Like 5 for the first show, one for the second and one for the third.

I have tested that list from time to time, and always similar results for me, never the latest 20.

yeah that does not sound like a lot, not enough to cause the problem I was refering to, you need like 30 or 40 new episodes for one show to cause that.

I will have a look.

• Thanks 1

rodainas

Hey @TeamB

I got some new info from testing other Lists from the addon.

Today, Global Lists TV shows latest is showing 5 entries, and Custom Widgets Tv shows latest is showing 7, so 2 more there.

global Lists Movies Recently Added (20) is showing 3679 items not 20, my two movie libraries combined have 4435 items, so it appears is limiting my libraries to the latest 3679 instead of the latest 20.

On the contrary Custom Widgets, Movies Recently Added (20) is correctly showing the latest 20 items, I assume this list and Global Lists Movies Recently Added (20) should show the same information, so something appears to be wrong or outdated with the Global Lists one.

Edited by rodainas

• 2 weeks later...
rodainas

Also

Embycon -  Emby Libraries - Movie Type Library - Recently Added (20) 

Is showing more than 20 in my case the latest 3000+ recently added from that library.

Sorry to bother with this, the problem comes when using widgets to call the list, because the widget is calling a 3000+ items list, the addon takes a considerable amount of time connecting to the remote server (my case) to show these widget even if the widget is limited by the skin to just the 10 first items, it would work better if the list just calls the latest 20 items only as it should be.

I think this would get better when the update for user created nodes on addon level is available on matrix.

Thank you.

TeamB
5 hours ago, rodainas said:

Also

Embycon -  Emby Libraries - Movie Type Library - Recently Added (20) 

Is showing more than 20 in my case the latest 3000+ recently added from that library.

Sorry to bother with this, the problem comes when using widgets to call the list, because the widget is calling a 3000+ items list, the addon takes a considerable amount of time connecting to the remote server (my case) to show these widget even if the widget is limited by the skin to just the 10 first items, it would work better if the list just calls the latest 20 items only as it should be.

I think this would get better when the update for user created nodes on addon level is available on matrix.

Thank you.

If i get a chance i will try to look at this today.

• Thanks 1

TeamB

The Latest Movie (20) limited item count list should be working correctly in the latest 1.9.116 Beta for Kodi 18

I am still looking into the Latest TV Show list returning fewer than expected items for the global list. I am not sure when Luke will get around to improving it on the server side so I might try a few things on the client to get the full list. Not sure yet if I can make it better but will have a go at it.

• Thanks 1

TeamB

to be honest it is a pain in the ass to have to keep both Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 add-ons current, I would like to drop Kodi 18 (python2) but there is not enough full support in systems like Libreelec etc to do that.

If it all looks good in a few days I will merge it to the matrix branch and do a Kodi 19 release.

• Thanks 1

rodainas

Thank you.

Another thing I found, buy maybe its just me. When using Movies per Page option, when opening Kodi I get a popup error saying: Connection Error - Url error: internal server error. In my case I run emby on a remote server through cloudfare with https, not sure if the error is general or just for my use case and this only happens when using that option. I use Kodi 19.1 and latest embycon stable. But at least the option works it shows the movies per page and loads them.

Also it would be nice if you could add sometime in the future a TV Shows per page option, this type of thing helps a lot when calling lists of thousand of times.

And thanks again for your work and time.

Edited by rodainas

TeamB

A server log might help track down the error, it could be bad params or something.

I will have a look at tv show paging.

rodainas

Attaching emby server log and kodi log.

It happens:

On emby server 15:23:43

On kodi 8:23:43

Thank you again

Edited by rodainas

TeamB

I found the issue and can reproduce the error, you can remove your log files now.

I will try to fix it and also build a Kodi 19 version with the prev fixes and changes for custom nodes.

• Thanks 1

rodainas

Tested it now

Working pretty good, the latest individual movie libraries respecting the limit, also the latest global movie libraries. The only one now pending is the global tvshows one (as I understand is a fix for no parent id that should come from the server eventually).

Also tested the node creator, and it let me create global movies and global tv shows with limit (20) sorted by datecreated (year) to show the newest content as widget. Before I used the total global lists and sorted by year the problem was it took a long time to load a widget like that, with this it is fixed. 
Edit: I was wrong, thought datecreated was equal to year sorting, but am getting results related to the date added sorting.

Question, do you plan to add more sortinf options eventually for the future, as of now there are 3 (dateplayed datecreated playcount)

Thanks again that fixed improved a lot of functionality for embycon.

Edited by rodainas

rodainas
33 minutes ago, TeamB said:

what other sorting options would you suggest?

At least by Year, this helps to show a widget/list to show all the entries by premier date, finding the newest content easily.

I basically use the normal nodes for recently  added content as emby do its webui (I add content from different eras) so having another list sorted by year helps to complement it.

rodainas

Hi @TeamB

Just wanted to know if you are considering the additional sorting fields for a new update sometime in the future.

Thanks for all the support.

TeamB

Yes i am, been busy the last week, we are in lockdown here with kids home schooling and everyone working from home so trying to keep everything running on the home front and do my day job i have not had a lot of time to work on this. Perhaps later this week i will have a little free time.

• Thanks 1

rodainas

@TeamBSaw the new update, thank you so much, works great!

A question out of curiosity:

If I create a node with tvshows with no parent id and recursive, any sorting, any quantity of items, I get a global tv show list with that sort order and quantity.

What it is strange is that here no parent id works and shows the quantity of items I set, unlike Global Lists, TV Shows, Latest (20) that only show the last 1-7 items at max. Does the same thing as Global Tvshows latest (20) would happen if a custom node exist using Latestepisodeadded Sorting, item limit 20?
Is this a problem with tvshows/latestepisodeadded sorting/no parentid combination only?

TeamB

This custom node request and the global latest tv list use different api end points that is why they behave differently.

• Like 1