FR: Sky GO integration/app

c0m3r

Would it be possible to add support gor sky GO in mediabrowser? There is an XBMC plugin which does this and would be a great addition for us UK users.

Thanks

Latchmor

Mmm, that's interesting. I presumed Sky would not let that happen. I'll have to have a look for it. Not that I use XBMC, just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mmm, that's interesting. I presumed Sky would not let that happen. I'll have to have a look for it. Not that I use XBMC, just curious.

They allow it on Xbox 360 which would obviously output to a full size screen so dont see the difference, you would still need the login details etc. Worth a look either way.

Latchmor

Microsoft and XBMC/MB are different animals though. Anyway great if they allow it ;-)

For the time being, I will install XBMC in the background and have it load straight into the SkyGO plugin then map it to close on the 'escape' key. Will then add it as a program in MBT which should work fine. Would be nice to have this working without the need for XBMC in the background though.

You could always use XBMB3C :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I could however I dont want to use XBMC for anything other than this. Never really been a fan of it so easier to just configure XBMC in the background to use it for this function only through the program addon.

I have played quite a bit with XBMB3C and its certainly a step in the right direction but I still prefer the look and feel of MB to XBMC.

• 5 weeks later...
Tranquil

Netflix seems to support applications like MB as there is a channel right now available. Don't know if there is an API for this or if this is a hack.

An official API would be a very good way and, hopefully, SKY will get under pressure and will also introduce an official one at any time!?