Music Playlist Expanded by default

AvengersFan

AvengersFan

Hello all, this is by no means a big deal, but whenever I open Emby on the QNAP, my music playlist is expanded by default perhaps? I close it to get to the Manage Emby Server heading. However it does not seem to remember the last state and if I refresh the browser or go back to it again the playlist is expanded. 

I have tried to find a setting that may have triggered "Expand Playlist By Default" but cannot seem to locate anything. Is it possible to have this closed by default for an easier menu navigation experience?

PS: I did do a search for Playlist Expanded, but could not find anything relevant, so please forgive me if this has already been addressed. 

Regards, Mark 202688177_Musicplaylistexpanded.thumb.PNG.4fb48449708e3b9adcae4db82a952b23.PNG

AvengersFan

Ah ok thank you. I am not adept at coding by any stretch of the imagination. If we could tick a box to say yes or no to expand by default that would be great.

I think (personally) it looks untidy having it expanded by default. But that's my OCD issue lol. Appreciate the quick response H2P. 

Cheers Mark. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, AvengersFan said:

Ah ok thank you. I am not adept at coding by any stretch of the imagination. If we could tick a box to say yes or no to expand by default that would be great.

I think (personally) it looks untidy having it expanded by default. But that's my OCD issue lol. Appreciate the quick response H2P. 

Cheers Mark. 

Have a look here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90160-45050-thats-just-lovely-is-there-a-option-to-toggle-navbar-expansion-closed-by-default/

• Like 1

AvengersFan

Thanks H2P, beyond my capabilities though. It kinda all looks Latin to me. Interesting, don't get me wrong, just Latin! lol

Cheers, Mark 

Happy2Play

Yes as it is coded into that navdrawercontent.js.

@Lukecan this default to false like Collections?

• 4 weeks later...
Samkook

Just ran into the same issue today and since I want to access the Admin section 99% of the time I open that menu, it got old really quick having to collapse the playlists section every single time to access it without having to scroll down.

It would be nice to have the option to change this on the UI since modifying system files will likely break at some point or it can mess things up, but thanks to the thread Happy2Play linked, I got it changed.

For those wanting to do it, you have to locate the navdrawercontent.js file in the system files where emby is installed(not the user data files path that is shown in the UI).

For me on FreeBSD(I'm not using QNAP, just found this thread via the search), the full path is: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/modules/navdrawer/navdrawercontent.js

Do a search for "globalize.translate("Playlists")+'" data-expanded=" and then change the true from

globalize.translate("Playlists")+'" data-expanded="true"

to false

globalize.translate("Playlists")+'" data-expanded="false"

After that, clear your browser cache(refreshing multiple times and restarting emby did nothing for me on chrome) and the change should be applied.

This was tested on 4.6.4.0 so might it differ on a different version.

Remember to always make a backup of a system file before modifying it for easy fixing in case you screw something up and to have the permissions to modify the file since it's likely going to be admin only.

Edited by Samkook