New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

ShaneP

Hey All, I’ll have a look at this, I’ll create a 4.7 branch in my repo and just merge it to master in 4.7 is released.

• Thanks 1

markle88

Could you explain how the different tiers of rules work within the plugin? How does adding a rule with the "+" button different then adding it with the 3rd button with the ellipsis and plus sign?

image.thumb.png.105df811a043c314f86a4e5cddcbcf3a.png

• 3 weeks later...
ShaneP
On 7/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, markle88 said:

Could you explain how the different tiers of rules work within the plugin? How does adding a rule with the "+" button different then adding it with the 3rd button with the ellipsis and plus sign?

image.thumb.png.105df811a043c314f86a4e5cddcbcf3a.png

Hey @markle88 I think that is to group... so you could do an 'AND' or 'OR', but not 100% sure, I haven't looked at the code for this...

masterdot

First post here: 

maybe I'm right here :)

Hey there,

I'm currently trying to create a smartlist for a Studio. Unfortunatly its not selectable as option in the drop down list for filters.

I tryed to change the .json file directly, but I don't know how the label for studios is. 

Does anyone have a idea? I wanted to create a smartlist as collection for all Pixar, Marvel, DC movies etc...

Thanks in advance

InaudibleDirge

is it possible to add full shows to smart collections as opposed to every episode in the show? i'm not seeing tv shows as a media type option

koopa8840

Oh, I get what you are saying now. Instead of the display showing/listing episodes, you would like it to show/list the TV series. My fault for misunderstanding.

5 minutes ago, InaudibleDirge said:

right, but that puts every episode from that show into the collection and not the series itself

ShaneP

Hey @InaudibleDirge I’ll have a look at extending this for you.

34 minutes ago, InaudibleDirge said:

right, but that puts every episode from that show into the collection and not the series itself

• 3 weeks later...
questionmark693

I might be dumb...I need some help. I downloaded the .doll file and put it where it belongs. Went into my server, created a smart playlist with some rules, and then to scheduled tasks and told it to update my playlists. Nothing happens. I set it to update and nothing. I made the playlist manually to junpsrart it, and that didn't help so I deleted the smart playlist rule - which deleted the playlist I had created, that it wasn't maintaining. What am I missing?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to create my first SmartPlaylist just before and failed to *exclude* Audiobooks (which are categorized as 'Audio'), is this possible?

How do I add smart playlist to my home screen? Trying to get recently added movies and latest released  by date movies as two seperate Home Screen sections

Cheers

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Ernie34 said:

How do I add smart playlist to my home screen? Trying to get recently added movies and latest released  by date movies as two seperate Home Screen sections

Cheers

You can't make any playlist as Home Screen section. 

Lend your support here:

koopa8840
On 9/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, Henry78 said:

I tried to create my first SmartPlaylist just before and failed to *exclude* Audiobooks (which are categorized as 'Audio'), is this possible?

You can exclude audiobooks, by using "Path", if you keep them in a folder separate from other files.

So glad to have a working Smart Playlist plugin again!  One question: I may be missing it, but is there a way to filter by Library?  I could use Path, I think, for the same effect, but that's a little clunkier.

Hi, i made the mistake to upgrade emby to 4.6.4.0 before upgrading this plugin.

After upgrading to 2.0.0.1 now it seems as if i can't create new smart playlists anymore.

i can define them in the plugin, but it will not get created as playlist.

Any ideas why?

greetings

Wolfgang

Edited by wkremser

goldsworthy1

Am i doing something wrong?

2021-10-01 09:58:38.673 Error App: [SmartPlaylist][Error]: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'id')
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:43:42 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'id')
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemByIdInternal(Int64 id)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemById(Int64 id)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.FolderRepository.FindPlaylist(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist, String playlistName)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.FolderRepository.FindPlaylist(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.FolderRepository.GetUserPlaylistOrCollectionFolder(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist)
	   at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.Services.PlaylistRepositoryPerfLoggerDecorator.GetUserPlaylistOrCollectionFolder(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Handlers.CommandHandlers.UpdateSmartPlaylistCommandHandler.HandleAsync(UpdateSmartPlaylistCommand message)
	   at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.PerLoggerMessageDecorator`1.HandleAsync(T message)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MesssageBus.Decorators.SuppressAsyncExceptionDecorator`1.HandleAsync(T message)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem GetItemByIdInternal(Int64)

ShaneP
5 hours ago, goldsworthy1 said:

Am i doing something wrong?

2021-10-01 09:58:38.673 Error App: [SmartPlaylist][Error]: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'id')
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:43:42 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'id')
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemByIdInternal(Int64 id)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemById(Int64 id)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.FolderRepository.FindPlaylist(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist, String playlistName)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.FolderRepository.FindPlaylist(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.FolderRepository.GetUserPlaylistOrCollectionFolder(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist)
	   at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.Services.PlaylistRepositoryPerfLoggerDecorator.GetUserPlaylistOrCollectionFolder(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Handlers.CommandHandlers.UpdateSmartPlaylistCommandHandler.HandleAsync(UpdateSmartPlaylistCommand message)
	   at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.PerLoggerMessageDecorator`1.HandleAsync(T message)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MesssageBus.Decorators.SuppressAsyncExceptionDecorator`1.HandleAsync(T message)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem GetItemByIdInternal(Int64)

Hey @goldsworthy1, seems to be a bug, I plan to do some work on the plug-in over the weekend but for now, can you see if you resave all your playlists if that works? 

goldsworthy1
17 minutes ago, ShaneP said:

Hey @goldsworthy1, seems to be a bug, I plan to do some work on the plug-in over the weekend but for now, can you see if you resave all your playlists if that works? 

Have played around with settings on and off throughout the day, but its not creating the playlist, just keep getting the same error.

SpiritFaerie

Hi there. Could really appreciate the help. I cant get the playlist to work when a genre is included and was wondering if there is a specific way to set the name.

Greg Prz

First, awesome plugin Shane, well done!  I just started using it so forgive me if this feature is already available or requested but when you are making a playlist for music and you add multiple albums is there a way to automatically filter out duplicates based on criteria you select.  For instance you have Abba Gold Abba Gold 2 Abba Greatest Hits and you add Artist is Abba you end up with duplicates. If you could specify remove duplicates on Artist + Song name that would be very nice to have indeed.  Otherwise excellent work.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I installed this plug in add some collection under smart playlist in settings but I cant see them show up 

in my home collections, how to  enable it?