Empty Guide Data - No Channels, Time Slots, Programs, etc.

coltonyyz

coltonyyz

Hello!  About 3 or 4 days ago, maybe a day or two longer even, I noticed my guide data isn't populating for some reason. I don't recall doing anything to cause it, though stranger things have happened.

Today I deleted the m3u and xml files I had selected for the Live TV, and selected entirely new files for both, named something different, and still, no guide data whatsoever.  When I click on Channels, the channels themselves show up, and when I select one to play, it works. I'm only having problems with the Guide Data no populating.

I also want to point out that there are a ton of channels that are not mapped to the guide data, I realize, but there are some that are, so shouldn't they at least show up in the Guide?

Can someone look at my log file and see if they can determine what the cause is please?

Thank you!

Update:  Never mind. I had selected some channels as favourites which would be at the top, but for some reason the guide would not populate their info. Just now, I noticed it grouped as favourites at the top so I have changed that option to be channel name now and I refreshed the guide and everything is slowly populating.

Edited by coltonyyz

Hi there, have checked the contents of your xml source to ensure it has data for the channels and dates in question?

coltonyyz

Hey, you're too quick!  (Not like that's a bad thing hehe)... I just edited my post. I wish I could delete it altogether in fact. I got it working I think, by not putting my favourite channels at the top any more and it's filling in as we speak. I'm just not sure why it wouldn't fill in with favourites grouped at the top though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
coltonyyz

Hi Again!

Upon switching over to Windows for Emby as Linux kept giving me hassles all the time, I experienced this same issue again but I have figured out what the issue is. When you are loading your guide data (refreshing the guide), if you go to Live TV, you will see your data, all or as much as what's loaded at that time. Now, when you click on the 3 dots and change the view from Title or Channel Number or whatever you have it set to, to something else, all the data goes away. BUT... if you refresh your page (assuming you're on windows still), it will all show up again.

So basically, when changing views for the guide, a user has to refresh the page in order for the data to reappear. I'm not sure if this was be design or not, but that's what made me think there was a bug. At least I know I just have to refresh the page, or go to another folder like Movies and then back to Live TV and it reappears. 

Thought I would follow up with this info. Cheers!

On 7/21/2021 at 11:40 PM, coltonyyz said:

Hi Again!

Upon switching over to Windows for Emby as Linux kept giving me hassles all the time, I experienced this same issue again but I have figured out what the issue is. When you are loading your guide data (refreshing the guide), if you go to Live TV, you will see your data, all or as much as what's loaded at that time. Now, when you click on the 3 dots and change the view from Title or Channel Number or whatever you have it set to, to something else, all the data goes away. BUT... if you refresh your page (assuming you're on windows still), it will all show up again.

So basically, when changing views for the guide, a user has to refresh the page in order for the data to reappear. I'm not sure if this was be design or not, but that's what made me think there was a bug. At least I know I just have to refresh the page, or go to another folder like Movies and then back to Live TV and it reappears. 

Thought I would follow up with this info. Cheers!

Hi, I'm not seeing that in my quick testing, but we'll look into it and try and chase it down. Thanks.

coltonyyz

If it would help, I was able to record my screen of my phone using Chrome Desktop mode to show when switching between the two. Unfortunately you will only see the taps but I'm sure you can follow along.

That being said, I realized what I was doing but didn't include one step in the report initially - I didn't think it played a role and a part of me doesn't understand how by unselecting the category checkboxes, why it would matter if they are checked or not - if I am not using the colouring in the guide. So this may be by design and a PEBCAC error (problem exists between computer {phone} and chair LOL). I thought that by unchecking them, it would ensure the categories aren't used as grouping or colouring in the guide. That was my thinking anyway.

Video is attached.