VOD Duration

TopSideControl

TopSideControl

I have an IPTV source added as an M3U tuner. There are VOD titles that I can play but when I select them the duration is not being loaded correctly (the progress bar seems to only show the elapsed times plus maybe 20 seconds ahead which increments as the video plays). This means there is no way to skip ahead. The same source loaded in VLC shows the correct duration, eg 2 Hours 30 minutes, etc. Is there any way to fix this? 

These are likely AVI files on the host end of things which really aren't meant for streaming and don't contain the headers that are associated with streaming files so Emby doesn't have the info needed to allow for the added functions.

TopSideControl

Is there a way to confirm this? And is there some reason why VLC can handle this?

Edited by TopSideControl

With an m3u tuner this content gets treated like a live stream, because that's what the feature was built for.

If you want it treated more like plain video files, then try importing your single stream into the iptv plugin.

TopSideControl

OK that works but its not really practical since I need to pull out each URL and load it manually. Thanks for the explanation.