Force DTS transcoding on WebOS

MSI2017

MSI2017

Hi all,

I have an LG CX which doesn't support DTS, as a result of this most of my media is silent and no option to transcode, I have seen some threads about this but nothing in the server dashboard that might fix this (or prefebly in the WebOS app) Would be amazing!

Also, are there any plans for UI updates? I tried Jellyfin a bit and it looks pretty sharp (especially with some CSS themes) but the software isn't nearly as polished as Emby is.

Hi, this is resolved for the next update to the app and will convert the audio.

For UI updates, yes, numerous. Just check out our emby theater app on any supported platform to get an idea of what's coming. Or try putting your web app into tv mode.

• 1 month later...
unisoft
On 10/07/2021 at 23:57, Luke said:

Hi, this is resolved for the next update to the app and will convert the audio.

For UI updates, yes, numerous. Just check out our emby theater app on any supported platform to get an idea of what's coming. Or try putting your web app into tv mode.

Luke, you won't transcode if an OLED from 2016 series (bought in 2017) such as B6, C6V or E6?

They can all output DTS natively by optical or HDMI.

I suspect you get info from the TV what it can support by model/year/webOS version or something?

1 minute ago, unisoft said:

Luke, you won't transcode if an OLED from 2016 series (bought in 2017) such as B6, C6V or E6?

I suspect you get info from the TV what it can support by model/year/webOS version or something?

@SamES can comment on that. Thanks.

SamES
21 hours ago, unisoft said:

That's correct, only the new models that don't support DTS will transcode/convert audio.  Older models will continue to play DTS natively.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@SamESDo you have an estimate on when this update might become available? I see that the last WebOS update is quite a long time ago. 

@Luke Is it maybe possible in the meantime to get a button that will convert the audio only (leave video alone) and replace the old file? Because in my experience transcoding can sometimes screw up HDR playback.

• 1 month later...
MSI2017
On 9/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, MSI2017 said:

@SamESDo you have an estimate on when this update might become available? I see that the last WebOS update is quite a long time ago. 

@Luke Is it maybe possible in the meantime to get a button that will convert the audio only (leave video alone) and replace the old file? Because in my experience transcoding can sometimes screw up HDR playback.

@Luke Is this update coming? Last update was ages ago and it so annoying that most files won't play.

coolspot

This might help as a lot of people having issues with Emby and LG Tv's happen to have Sonos's and I know DTS can be a major reason why Emby has problems not knowing it needed to transcode....perhaps this will help.

Supposedly Sonos Playbars (along with others) support DTS!

• 4 weeks later...