Has Emby ever been sued ? Just asking.

ng4ever

Chyron
18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

for me using a strong password manager is like adding a second and even a third belt with the suspenders

My use case has me frequently logging into sites from more than just my home PC. Especially on my phone. I can reach my passwords from anywhere; it can tell me if I have an account that was part of a data breach; or if a password has been compromised; and it will auto-fill my credentials most of the time.

For me it's about matching security with convenience. I have Bitwarden keep track of my 2FA codes because it's easier to use than Authy, since it auto-fills them and can tell me every account I have that has 2FA available but doesn't have it enabled yet.

Edited by Chyron

crusher11
On 7/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, speechles said:

Where in some countries streaming isn't even legal (hi australia). But in others you cannot even dvr (hi new zealand).

What on earth are you talking about?

vdatanet

Having 100% legal movie content is very complicated, as there are virtually no sources of DRM-free legal movies. We have the option of ripping discs, but copy protection must be broken, which is illegal in many countries. Live TV recording is prohibited in many countries. Download movies too.

But obviously, these infractions are the responsibility of the user, never of Emby.

• Like 2

jachin99

That's not entirely true.  I must a few hundred recorded movies from premium channels that I paid for and are drm free.  It might not be common but it's still possible.

• Agree 1

And you probably live in an area where it's legal to record and keep TV programs/movies you record. But as @vdatanet pointed out this isn't the case world wide as many countries have very strict laws on this type of thing.

• Agree 1

vdatanet

There are very restrictive countries regarding copyright, one of them is Spain. The day that technology allows it, they will implant sensors in our eyes and every time we watch a movie they will make us pay.

Obviously this leads to the highest piracy levels in the world.

• Agree 1

ng4ever
1 minute ago, vdatanet said:

There are very restrictive countries regarding copyright, one of them is Spain. The day that technology allows it, they will implant sensors in our eyes and every time we watch a movie they will make us pay.

Obviously this leads to the highest piracy levels in the world.

I did not really know this. Surprised how restrictive Spain is. That sucks :(

Anyway beautiful country btw!

vdatanet

At least they have modified the law and allow breaking the copy protection of the discs, as long as the copy is for own private use. Share with friends in streaming totally prohibited. I guess this is very similar in all parts of the world.

• Agree 2

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Spain is the bootleg capital of the world... 

And I always thought it was either India or the US. Spain is just one of many, including the US, countries that have a number of people fighting (usually by ignoring) Draconian laws.

vdatanet
12 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

You can buy countless bootleg Spanish Blu-Rays on Amazon. Not true of other countries. 

Yes, Amazon is a spanish company.

Can you share a link of those blurays with me?  I want to buy some.

Edited by vdatanet

20 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Yes, Amazon is a spanish company.

Can you share a link of those blurays with me?  I want to buy some.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=import+-+spain&i=movies-tv&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

The laff. ^_^ Non-USA Format = booleg

Edited by speechles

heh, sure the thread goes beyond what the main subject, I think it been answer some and warn on another and we are done here.

Thanks guys.

Closing

• Like 2