chromecast problem to cast a video

z3ndra

z3ndra

Hello

Since last week I have encountered a problem with the chromecast function, I am currently under version 3.4.1.0, (I did not update because I have a lot of customization in css which would require me to do everything redesign and I do not have the time at the moment and I had problems on my ubuntu version with the version above and I had been blocked to put my backup of emby back anyway lol.)
What is strange is that it happened suddenly, the ready to cast screen appears and when we start reading: nothing happens, the circle turns in a loop and in the newspaper there is no trace of the same chromecast in the list of connected devices.

Chromecast app only works with version 4.6 (so ok would have to update, but from 1 i don't like the new player version and from 2 as explained above it would take more than time to have to reconfigure everything knowing that until then I have never had any problems)

Even locally it does not work, I specify that I use nginx to have a ssl lets encrypt certificate, but I do not see why it would bother since it has been working well for 2 years.

If anyone has any idea, I tried copying the chromecast player and chromecast helper files from version 4.6 to version 3.4.1.0 but nothing helped, maybe a receiver update caused this?

p.s: I'm in a premiere emby in case it changes something

Thank you in advance ;)

Edited by z3ndra

Hi, so much has changed, you're going to have to update to a newer version than 3.4. I think at minimum you will need 4.4.3.

z3ndra

thank you for the review, 

but I looked, even version 4.4 does not work in chromecast, and it worked 6 days ago, that's what's weird, it happened suddenly

z3ndra

in reality it is above all that my css is no longer compatible at all and it bothers me because it is totally messed up with the new version. and until last week, everything worked perfectly, the chromecast function suddenly stopped working for no reason overnight.

And since everything was working perfectly I never needed to update 😉

You probably just need to rewrite the css based on the html changes.

• 2 weeks later...
visproduction

Z3, 

I noticed that the updated version no longer puts css.css (Settings Custom css.  Data file = programdata/config/branding.xml) at the bottom of the stylesheets in the html head area.  I think this may have been overlooked and was not intentional.  Is this possibly a bug or was it intentional to have so many .css below css.css coming from branding.xml.  Why would any css come below if you want css.css to work?  Does anyone know the answer in Emby why this is set up like this?

The css styles  that come below css.css are:

• iconosd.css
  • appfooter.css
  • dockedtabs.css
  • emby-textarea.css
  • theme.css.

So any duplicate css styles in those .css files will override whatever you have in the custom css.css style called in the head.  Putting !important in your custom css entries sometimes helps. Style changes also fail when there are nested divs that get other styles from some other css file.  I've noticed that updating css.css with !important, clearing cache and forced refresh still does not override item.css or card.css.  I am guessing that some of these styles are tweaked with a delay using some .js somewhere.

I see there are a lot of this type of style discussions in https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/144-web-app-css/

Edited by visproduction

On 7/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, visproduction said:

Z3, 

I noticed that the updated version no longer puts css.css (Settings Custom css.  Data file = programdata/config/branding.xml) at the bottom of the stylesheets in the html head area.  I think this may have been overlooked and was not intentional.  Is this possibly a bug or was it intentional to have so many .css below css.css coming from branding.xml.  Why would any css come below if you want css.css to work?  Does anyone know the answer in Emby why this is set up like this?

The css styles  that come below css.css are:

• iconosd.css
  • appfooter.css
  • dockedtabs.css
  • emby-textarea.css
  • theme.css.

So any duplicate css styles in those .css files will override whatever you have in the custom css.css style called in the head.  Putting !important in your custom css entries sometimes helps. Style changes also fail when there are nested divs that get other styles from some other css file.  I've noticed that updating css.css with !important, clearing cache and forced refresh still does not override item.css or card.css.  I am guessing that some of these styles are tweaked with a delay using some .js somewhere.

I see there are a lot of this type of style discussions in https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/144-web-app-css/

They come below because everything is loaded on-demand as it is needed. Nothing is loaded if it's not going to be used. Yes that can make custom css a little more difficult and require you to use !important, but I have to pick one or the other to prioritize, and I'm prioritizing good performance practices over custom css files.

• Like 1