How to install external plug-ins in the dsm7.0

rubberpixy

rubberpixy

hello, everyone:

When I upgraded my dsm7.0 without watching the tutorial, my emby couldn't work anymore.

I deleted my username and shared folder, reinstall the emby (dsm7 version) and then I lost all my libraries. yes, I made a huge mistake.

Set it go, Forget it.

So I bulid a new libaray and regroup data. But at this time I have encountered a new problem.

I cannot copy external plugin into plugins folder. I login with ssh and cannot copy into /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins.  It shows that I cannot get permission.

now, I don’t know what can I do. So I have the following questions:

1. How do I copy external plug-ins into folder.

2. All data is currently in @appdata and can only be viewed via ssh. Will it change in the future if emby is upgraded?

3. Will there be other changes in the upgrade of emby in the future?

Hi, did you sudo first to gain root privs so you can copy the plugin?

rubberpixy

of course, I get root and delete more old folder and files, then re-install the emby.

Do you still have your Emby for DSM 6 install intact?

If so you can still migrate everything over cleanly.

rubberpixy

Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted them.

So when I re-install emby(dsm7.0version) , I find that it is completely different from dsm6.0. The shared folder is gone. I cannot install third-party plug-ins.

Sure you can using SSH.

Just place the plugin in a location you can get to easily with File Station or Windows File Manager. For example I have a share setup called "Media" which I have under that Movies, TV Shows, etc.

As an example I can access this share from Windows so I just copy the dll to //SYNOLOGY920/Media via Windows as SYNOLOGY920 is my NAS name.

Then I SSH into the NAS and sudo -i typing in my admin password (I enabled admin account before doing this and deactivate after). 

Shut down Emby Server so it's not running.

Next I would use the follow command assuming my plugin is called test.dll

cp /volume1/Media/test.dll /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins

restart Emby Server and plugin should load.

• Agree 1

rubberpixy
18 hours ago, cayars said:

Sure you can using SSH.

Just place the plugin in a location you can get to easily with File Station or Windows File Manager. For example I have a share setup called "Media" which I have under that Movies, TV Shows, etc.

As an example I can access this share from Windows so I just copy the dll to //SYNOLOGY920/Media via Windows as SYNOLOGY920 is my NAS name.

Then I SSH into the NAS and sudo -i typing in my admin password (I enabled admin account before doing this and deactivate after). 

Shut down Emby Server so it's not running.

Next I would use the follow command assuming my plugin is called test.dll

cp /volume1/Media/test.dll /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins

restart Emby Server and plugin should load.

thanks for your tips.

I fix it. it works.. thanks again.

So, will there be no shared folder in dsm7.0, emby in the future? Will all third-party plugins also be in the @appdata folder?
Will the new emby update version in the future restore the dsm6.0 folder method? Or is there another way?

• Like 1

Glad you got that working.

DSM 7 and it's new security is different than DSM 6.  It's more hardened now so some things you were used to will be different now.

rubberpixy
18 minutes ago, cayars said:

Glad you got that working.

DSM 7 and it's new security is different than DSM 6.  It's more hardened now so some things you were used to will be different now.

Oh, that's it, then I understand.
In the future, will all data files be stored in the @appdata folder?
or, will emby updates be the same as the current configuration?
I am just afraid that after I spent lots of times resetting my media library, new emby version will have new conditions.