Negative filters

amb13

amb13

Hi

It would be great if these filters had a third option that hid it. Like if I would like to hide all 4k movies. Currently I can't use these to only view 1080p content and lower.

image.png.a4d5df4358eb08d1775adcb220b53290.png

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, amb13 said:

Hi

It would be great if these filters had a third option that hid it. Like if I would like to hide all 4k movies. Currently I can't use these to only view 1080p content and lower.

image.png.a4d5df4358eb08d1775adcb220b53290.png

Yeah. I asked about this too. Both inclusive and exclusive filters. And allow checking more than 1 box. Presently you get 1 checkmark in that section.

Edited by speechles

seanbuff
9 hours ago, speechles said:

And allow checking more than 1 box. Presently you get 1 checkmark in that section.

9 hours ago, amb13 said:

Like if I would like to hide all 4k movies. Currently I can't use these to only view 1080p content and lower.

I can achieve both these things, I can check more than one box which only shows me what I want, effectively hiding the rest. Am I missing something here?

image.png.c0f85a77066f6014c0952fe5a82227e9.png

• Agree 1

seanbuff

Oh I see now, HD and 4K are lumped together. But you are able to filter out anything lower than that like SD, etc and works the other way around too.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@LukeWhat is the filter distinction for HD and 4K?  As 4K is HD also.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

It's used as a min resolution.

But HD filter includes 4K media so there is no way to exclude 4K.

pünktchen
10 hours ago, speechles said:

Yeah. I asked about this too. Both inclusive and exclusive filters. And allow checking more than 1 box. Presently you get 1 checkmark in that section.

Or just a plus sign in the box for include with one click, a minus for exclude with a second click and  a third click to clear the box again.

• Like 1

seanbuff
40 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Or just a plus sign in the box for include with one click, a minus for exclude with a second click and  a third click to clear the box again.

I like this idea 👍🏽

amb13
18 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I was also thinking something like this.

18 hours ago, Luke said:

It's used as a min resolution.

Would it make sense that 4k was no included in HD? I think it's intuitive enough that HD is HD and not 4k.

21 minutes ago, amb13 said:

I was also thinking something like this.

Would it make sense that 4k was no included in HD? I think it's intuitive enough that HD is HD and not 4k.

4K is UHD. 1080P is FHD. 720P is HD.

There needs to be an FHD and UHD, along with HD. 720P and 1080P are lumped together presently under HD.

Eventually there needs to be "4K UHD" and "8K UHD" available to separate those variety in UHD format.

The Olympics are going to be broadcast in full 8K UHD.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

seanbuff
3 hours ago, speechles said:

There needs to be an FHD and UHD, along with HD. 720P and 1080P are lumped together presently under HD.

Yup, I agree with this. I've always wanted a way to separate my 720p from my 1080p.

18 hours ago, amb13 said:

That is entirely dependent on what you are looking for.  It is just as valid to be looking for only high resolution content as it is to be looking for only lower resolution content.  Back when these filters were first created it was more likely people were trying to weed out poor quality content than the opposite so that's why they work the way they do now.

We'll need more flexibility in the future.

amb13
2 hours ago, ebr said:

That is entirely dependent on what you are looking for.  It is just as valid to be looking for only high resolution content as it is to be looking for only lower resolution content.  Back when these filters were first created it was more likely people were trying to weed out poor quality content than the opposite so that's why they work the way they do now.

We'll need more flexibility in the future.

As you can check multiple boxes I don't see why any of them should overlap. If HD was just HD (720p and 1080p) you could just check both HD and 4k to see all high resolution content. As it is now I can't see only HD content.

• 1 year later...
horstepipe

I‘d also like to see that feature. Ppl can hide tags they don’t want with that in the library without the admin has to adjust their user settings to hide some tags via parental control.

• 1 month later...
nobody knows

Similarly, it would be nice to restrict content based on video size when setting up a user (i.e. block everything but 4K or better for the 'Home Theatre' user)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
LittleWizard

I also vote for a NOT option in filters, also genre and others. Also I really need multi file tag editor.

For example: browse my movies by folder, open folder "comedy", set filter "GENRE NOT COMEDY" to show me the movies that does not have comedy genre, select all those movies, edit tags of all of them adding Comedy to genre.

Same way I could create a TAG "FOLDER COMEDY" to show in kodi my folders as tags.