A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Hello JsinFate...

In addition to Roodee's great comments, I can add functionality if you can explain what you want.  

Vic

• Like 1

JsinFate

Hi everyone.

I used my Favorites as a "catchall" for all the movies I wanted to watch. I made a new Collection and labeled it my Watchlist. I want to take all 300+ movies I have marked as favorites and remove the Favorite label. "UnFavorate" them essentially.

I am trying to only use my Favorites for actors, special movies etc. but also have a place that contains all of the movies I want to watch immediately.

VicMoore

Hello JsinFate...

As RooDee mentioned earlier, you can list all of your movies, then filter on isFavorite, now select all of the results and bulk edit them to reset the favorite tag. Give it a try.

Vic

JsinFate

I was finally able to play around with it just now and after finally finding the correct option (going blind) I was able to remove all the movies from my favorites. Thank you guys for all the help. I really appreciate it.

VicMoore

Hello Kanipec...

Attached below is new code that includes IPTV support. Set up Emby for Live TV. In the tool, click on LiveTV to bring up the EPG. Now in the EPG you can play IPTV content.  If you play Pluto programs locally it will not hang on commercials.  I was able to fix the problem in hls.  If you cast to your TV, the problem remains because your TV uses the web client logic. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Vic

p.s.  Please check this code to make sure that I didn't break anything when I added the IPTV code.

I have been watching Pluto TV  all night without one hang from commercials. 

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

Has anyone been able to stream live TV or tag channels?

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Hello...

I made the EPG faster on reloads, improved the editor, and increased some of the timeouts in HLS.  The Live TV is working well, but I have noticed some problems with starting ffmped in EMBY.  The new code is attached below.

I would be interested if the tool is working OK. I have limited resources for testing the code. So, please let me know about problems.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
I removed the code to make a change to the sign on code.

VicMoore

OK, there was no sign-on problem. It was my network misbehaving.

In the code below I have fixed / added:

1) the scrolling of the EPG, it now keeps the top page position when scrolled left by the timer and when you return from playing a video

2) improved the 'live TV' playing algorithm. Pluto.tv plays without stalling

3) added new filters for 'min community' rating and 'min critic rating'

4) fixed bulk edit so it refreshes the page when you edit only the 'favorite' and 'played' fields.

Please let me know if you find any bugs.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
I uploaded the wrong code
  • Like 1

VicMoore

All of the code after tool_1.6 has been screwed up.   I am surprised that nobody told me.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

OK, the code is fixed.  After version 1.6, I forgot to remove some test code. This mistake would prevent anyone from logging onto their Emby server with the tool.  No one complained, so I guess that the tool is not being used.

The correct code is attached below.

Vic

tool_2.0a.zip

Edited by VicMoore
added check for bad server url on sign on

kanipek
12 hours ago, VicMoore said:

so I guess that the tool is not being used.

Hi Vic - 

I am sure that is NOT the case! I am a fairly regular user of the tool - Including up to 1.9 where I encountered issues which I PM'd you about. I saw no issue with logging on at all.

Kenn

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, taravasya said:

Hi, @VicMoore !

Can I use this tool for bulk editing a music metadata, like albums, artists?

Thanks!

No as Emby will read embedded track metadata and does not write it.  Yes it writes a nfo file but currently does not read it.  All music should be edited outside of Emby with programs like mp3tag and picard or your favorite tagger.

taravasya

Thanks.

So... If I have read-only library source, I have no way to change it metadata? I understood correctly that Emby cant store metadata in database?

Edited by taravasya

VicMoore

I fixed:

1) a simple filter problem, 

2) a typo in the IPTV stream stop URL.,

3) keep buttons from scrolling, and

4) gives you the option to not have background images

Vic

tool_2.0b.zip

Edited by VicMoore

Junglejim
On 03/12/2022 at 00:15, VicMoore said:

I fixed:

1) a simple filter problem, 

2) a typo in the IPTV stream stop URL.,

3) keep buttons from scrolling, and

4) gives you the option to not have background images

Vic

tool_2.0b.zip 5.5 MB · 2 downloads

Hi @VicMoore, I can't seem to get the bulk edit for tags working with the latest version. I did a bunch of movies and tvshows a few versions back but no luck with 2.0b.

• Agree 1

VicMoore

Thanks JungleJim for letting me know.  I probably broke something while fixing something else.  I will fix it this morning.

Vic

sliceart

I found this tool when I searched for emby delete tags. Although there is no way to delete all tags directly in batches, fortunately you provided the source code, so I can complete my needs by modifying it. Although I Editing was used instead of batch editing.

Thank you very much for the tool

Painkiller8818

Hi,

Another thing i recorgnized.

I tried to bulk add a genre and i selected add to existing genres, but when i click save, the new genre is not added.

i am using 2.0b

thanks

VicMoore

Hello JungleJim...

I fix the bug you reported.  The code is attached below.  The problem was the old fix one bug and create another.  I made a change to the post code earlier in the week and that change created the problem with bulk saves that you experienced.

Please test the code and let me know if everything is now working as you expected.

vic

tool_2.0c.zip

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

hello painkiller8818....

tool_2.0c  will solve your problem.  

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

Hello Sliceart...

If you need help adding to the code please let me know.   By the way, you can bulk remove all tags or just one tag.

Vic

Junglejim
7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Hello JungleJim...

I fix the bug you reported.  The code is attached below.  The problem was the old fix one bug and create another.  I made a change to the post code earlier in the week and that change created the problem with bulk saves that you experienced.

Please test the code and let me know if everything is now working as you expected.

vic

tool_2.0c.zip 5.42 MB · 2 downloads

@VicMoore Cheers mate that fixed it. Everything is working as expected. Nice work. 👍