A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

gillmacca01

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. All I want to do it filter movies and tv series with a specific parental rating, and then bulk change them all to another parental rating

As an example, I want to change any TV-MA to GB-18.

I select filiters on the library

image.thumb.png.e019b27f1c97ca645327f902a33b1514.png

On the next screen (which shows filter movies.tv shows), I shift+click to select all items

I then click on 'Bulk Edit', but cannot see an option for parental rating.

Have I missed a step?

kuzak84
On 7/20/2022 at 7:13 PM, VicMoore said:

Hello Kuzak84...

I noticed that problem also. I just have not had time to fix it. I will get to it soon.

Please feel free to make suggestions. This is a community project. Your thoughts are important.

Vic

Vic,

Not a problem. I did find a temporary workaround.

That said, I've been trying to think of an improvement that would speed up tagging/playlisting that wasn't just specific to my needs. I wonder if on the video player screen, beside the "Next" and "Return" buttons above the video, there were dropdowns for adding a tag and/or adding to a playlist, which could be executed when clicking Next or Return. That way, if I were to select a tag or playlist from a dropdown, then click Next, I'm on my merry way to the next video already, without having to go back to the main screen. I could foresee getting a lot of videos tagged in a short period of time. Thinking way ahead, I wonder if these hypothetical "Add Tag" or "Add to Playlist" dropdowns had their own execute button, the video could theoretically be tagged/playlisted several times before the user moves on to the next video.

One more thing - is it possible to shrink the video player to, say, 50% of the screen (or at least provide an option to do so)? I actually have to scroll down to access the seek bar, then back to the top for the next/return buttons. I know I could just go full screen, but I'm not so much watching the video for entertainment purposes and more for previewing it to find the appropriate tag/playlist.

Thanks so much Vic! Looking forward to your thoughts.

VicMoore

Hello Gillmacca01...

No, you are not doing anything wrong. The problem is with me. I just didn't think anyone would be interested in bulk changing Parental Ratings. I will fix the problem. Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

Vic

• Thanks 1

gillmacca01
15 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Gillmacca01...

No, you are not doing anything wrong. The problem is with me. I just didn't think anyone would be interested in bulk changing Parental Ratings. I will fix the problem. Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

Vic

Thanks. The reason I want it, is I have my own content and my IPTV content, and they don't just have GB ratings, but US, French, Polish, etc and I just want to all be GB - easier when I'm setting parental controls in Emby

VicMoore

Gillmacca01...   I should have this fixed in a couple of days.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

Kuzak84...

Thanks for the ideas. Let me think about your suggestions for a few days and I will get ack to you.

Vic

kuzak84
11 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Kuzak84...

Thanks for the ideas. Let me think about your suggestions for a few days and I will get ack to you.

Vic

Great! In the meantime, I thought I would share my quick "playlisting" workflow (which I am fudging to be a quasi-rating system).

1. Using the Tagging Tool in Simple Emby Client mode, filter videos by "Not in a Playlist"
2. Select all resulting videos (shift-click), scroll to the bottom and click "Manage Playlist," and add to a new playlist: "To Be Sorted"
3. Using the native Emby web interface, select the "To Be Sorted" playlist and play videos one by one.
4. Click the 3 dots in bottom-right, click "Add to Playlist," and click playlist you want to add to (in my case, it's the 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*, and 5* playlists). After clicking, it brings you back to the video in progress.
5. Click the forward arrow to advance to the next video. Repeat step 4.
6. When you're done for the moment and don't want to forget where you left off, return to Tagging Tool, open the "To Be Sorted" playlist, select all videos, scroll back to top, and press "Remove," thus emptying that playlist.
7. Refresh Tagging Tool, and repeat Steps 1 and 2. Videos that you have already sorted will be ignored (because the filter won't pick them up). And your playlist will be ready and waiting in Emby the next time you want to sort.

It's not nearly as cumbersome as it sounds, and is my workaround for the time being. I've gotten close to 1000 videos sorted in about a couple days. Not bad.

Hope this helps someone out there.

VicMoore

Gillmacca01

Attached below is the code with Parental Rating on the bulk edit panel. Please test it to make sure it works as you expect. I just did a couple of tests.

Vic

emby_new_tool_37a.html

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Seger
On 7/24/2022 at 3:40 PM, VicMoore said:

Gillmacca01

Unten angehängt ist der Code mit der elterlichen Bewertung im Bulk-Bearbeitungsfeld. Bitte testen Sie es, um sicherzustellen, dass es wie erwartet funktioniert. Ich habe gerade ein paar Tests gemacht.

Vic

emby_new_tool_37a.html 412,9 KB · 13 Downloads

Hey, I am also very interested in the parental edits (off topic but here I describe the reason for my wish:

But unfortunately I still don't understand some things here with the filters and the actual display in your tool, can it be that the point is not yet implemented cleanly or am I doing something wrong?

When I click on a film, in this case "No!", the individual overview does not show me which parental rating this film has according to Emby (FSK 6 - see Emby screenshot). 

image.png.7a45eb331cd5dbcd4d7d148291de5860.png

Emby screenshot = FSK 6

image.thumb.png.44bf8fd4b3fd2a654c0bb11339bbeb44.png

Furthermore, I find it very difficult to set the filters. Unfortunately, the available FSK designations or the number of films are not displayed. I would like to filter cleanly so that there is nothing in the bulk that I don't want.

Do you understand what I mean?

image.png.7c180fb900a8c6251a60d3a9508c0048.png

Thank you and best regards

Seger

Edited by Seger

VicMoore

Good morning, Segar...

Sorry for the long delay.  I have been attending to some medical issues in my family for the past few days. I will look into your problem today and get back with you on a solution later today.

Again, I apologize for being so slow...

Vic

VicMoore

Hello Segar...

I ran some tests and I think the "parental rating" pulldown box is blank because the movie chosen has a parental rating assigned that is not in the available pulldown list selections.  What ratings are you using?  I know my list is not complete. I have added ratings for different countries as users have needed them. I know this is not optimal, but my knowledge of rating systems for other countries is severely limited.  Please explain the ratings that you are using and I will try to add them to the list. 

I tested the filters for min and max parental ratings and they work ok.  Please explain exactly what problem you are experiencing.  Once I understand what your problem is then I can fix it. Keep in mind that I use the filtering provided by the Emby API.  I can only do what they support.  

Segar, I apologize for being so slow.  Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention.

Vic

P.S.  the latest code is attached below...

emby_new_tool_38.html

• Thanks 1

samulopezperez@outlook.com

Hi Vic,

Your tool is really awesome, I am setting up my video library with it! I miss some fields to filter music items, for instance I can see the tags/genre by folder or I can't filter by music codec. 

Thanks for your share with us this tool!!

VicMoore

I have written an epub book reader that I intend to integrate with the web client in this tool so that epub files can be viewed via Emby. Give it a try.  I have tested it with several books and it works just fine.  Remember that this is not a finished and polished epub reader.  A better GUI will be added soon.  If you view the browser console, you will be able to examine the internals of ebooks and how they work.  I will integrate this reader into the new tool soon.  I also plan to look at adding epub comic books and graphic novels.  My only motivation is to learn and have fun.

Vic

Put both files into the same folder and open 'embyEPUB.html' in either the Edge or Chrome browser.  Then click the folder icon in the app and select the epub that you want to read.

jszip.min.js

embyEPUB_02.html

Edited by VicMoore

demhinds

It has been a while since I've used this plugin and have updated to the latest version - I am trying to bulk unlock locked media items. It used to be that I could simply SHIFT+Click and then check "unlock" or "lock" or "add tag" etc - however, now it appears to limit the number of items I may edit at one time to 50, and there is no option to unlock the media item itself, just options to unlock the title, people, tags, etc. What am I missing?

Thanks

VicMoore

No, you can select more than 50.  I just chose to show thumbnails for the first 50 selected.  Some people were selecting over a thousand movies. To show 1000 thumbnails took a lot of space. So, I chose to show only the first fifty thumbnails for the items selected. I do include at the end of the thumbnails the actual count of items selected.  If you need a better explanation, I would be happy to give you one. 

Vic

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@demhinds Yes as you will look at the total selected, so in this example 4002 items were selected to be edited.

First 50 of 4002

VicMoore

Hello Happy2Play...

WOW, I never tried to bulk edit that many items at once.  There is no reas0n why it would not work unless it overloads the Emby server.

Vic

Happy2Play
Just now, VicMoore said:

Hello Happy2Play...

WOW, I never tried to bulk edit that many items at once.  There is no reas0n why it would not work unless it overloads the Emby server.

Vic

🙂I guess it depends on if you need to do something to every item in that Library.  But it was just a test as I didn't change anything.  But I would expect you would need patients as editing that many items will not happen instantly.

kanipek
17 hours ago, VicMoore said:

There is no reas0n why it would not work unless it overloads the Emby server.

I have not done 4000 but 1500+ works just fine!

Seger
On 8/9/2022 at 3:58 PM, VicMoore said:

Hallo Segar...

Ich habe einige Tests durchgeführt und denke, dass das Pulldown-Feld "elterliche Bewertung" leer ist, da dem ausgewählten Film eine elterliche Bewertung zugewiesen wurde, die nicht in den verfügbaren Pulldown-Listenauswahlen enthalten ist. Welche Bewertungen verwenden Sie? Ich weiß, dass meine Liste nicht vollständig ist. Ich habe Bewertungen für verschiedene Länder hinzugefügt, da Benutzer sie benötigt haben. Ich weiß, dass dies nicht optimal ist, aber mein Wissen über Bewertungssysteme für andere Länder ist stark eingeschränkt. Bitte erklären Sie die Bewertungen, die Sie verwenden, und ich werde versuchen, sie der Liste hinzuzufügen.

Ich habe die Filter für min und max parental ratings getestet und sie funktionieren ok. Bitte erklären Sie genau, welches Problem bei Ihnen auftritt. Sobald ich verstehe, was Ihr Problem ist, kann ich es beheben. Beachten Sie, dass ich die von der Emby-API bereitgestellte Filterung verwende. Ich kann nur das tun, was sie unterstützen.

Segar, ich entschuldige mich dafür, dass ich so langsam bin. Vielen Dank, dass Sie mich auf diese Probleme aufmerksam gemacht haben.

Vic

P.S. der neueste Code ist unten angehängt...

emby_new_tool_38.html 412,91 kB · 23 Downloads

Hey Vic,

are you crazy, you don't have to enrol for anything, I hope everything is ok at home and everyone is healthy again!!!!

I'm like you, I don't understand all the foreign ratings either, so I try to get order in. If necessary, at some point I won't see any foreign ratings and can rewrite them to their local rating.

In this link (see images) you can see the current available ratings from my library in addition to what I am trying to do:

Have a look at the photos, I would like to be able to filter each rating individually. Of course, it would be best if you didn't have to maintain everything manually, but if the filters also displayed what was in the library. I hope I was able to describe it sufficiently.

Thank you and many greetings

Seger

MrMackey

Hey,

I have locked the parental rating via bulk edit. Unfortunately I can not unlock it again with bulk edit and have to change this for each file individually.
Is it somehow possible to do this via bulk edit?

Edited by MrMackey

VicMoore

Hello MrMackey...   Are you using the latest version of the code?  This bug was reported earlier and I fixed it.  It may be that I need to look at it again.  My son is in the hospital, so I have very little time.  Try the code below.  If it doesn't work for you, I will fix it.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Vic

P.S.  The Web Client can now read epubs.  I added this just to lean how to do it.

emby_new_tool_38.html

• Like 1

MrMackey

Yes I tried again with the emby_new_tool_38 version you linked. But unfortunately it did not work.

9 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

My son is in the hospital, so I have very little time.

No hurry your son is now more important than that!
All the best that soon everything will be fine again ❤️