A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Hello alessioP..

There is no limit. I have done thousands of files.  Please give me more detail.  I will help you fix the problem.

Vic

alessioP

Hello Vic,
I need to apply the paternal rating to a folder containing only cartoons.
I'm selecting all the files inside the folder with "shift" key, click on bulk edit, select "IT-T" value on Parental Rating and the tick to lock the value.image.thumb.png.5f5aabd3b99857c3cd88321a23bb3a66.png

At the start of the process the bar grows correctly up to 100% and everything seems fine but checking in Emby nothing has changed on the Parental Rating

image.thumb.png.adc1708617a06985879dc8cf9fb8601e.png

Could you help?

Edited by alessioP
bad typo

alessioP

Hello Vic,

please ignore my previous post as i did the same procedure again and now it worked.

Strange but true, the only thing I can speculate is that the system was too busy to function properly in the previous activities as I have not done anything different

VicMoore

alessioP, thanks so much for pointing this out. I think you have exposed a possible problem. The bulk edit is completely asynchronous and launches everything as fast as it can. I think you may be right about the system being busy.  All of the real work takes place inside the Emby server.  The genius of the Emby programmers, and what makes Emby unique, is the API that they provide.  I use that API to do everything.

I will look at the bulk edit code today and I will let you know what I find out.  If you need further help, or notice other problems, I am always here to help.

Vic

almao1994

Hi VicMoore,

I just found your tool and I feel my prayers have been answered! I must say this should have been a feature in Emby. You should be in Team Emby for this! 🙂

• Like 1

VicMoore

Almao1994, thanks for the kind words.  Let me know if I can help you with the tool or if you find a bug.  I am also always looking for suggestions for improvement.

Thanks again for your kindness...

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

AlessioP...  like you, I was unable to replicate the problem you experienced earlier.  I appreciate that you reported it to me.

Vic

VicMoore

I made a number of cosmetic updates. None are big. I also improved the VirtualTV programing guide. It's still not perfect but is making progress.  I also optimized the code in several places.

Vic

emby_new_tool_29.html

Edited by VicMoore

DarKni8

Hi Vic , I am still not able to figure out why I am not getting folders in my library, I have a library with multiple folders I want to change studio tag inside particular folder , is it possible >?

VicMoore

Yes it's possible. Click the "filter" button and change "Don't show Folders" to "show folders".  Now when you explore your library, the physical folders will appear. Give it a try.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

Hi Vic

Can you help me ? By error, in bulk edition mode, i check the "lock" box for all my movies in genre section.

Now, i want to reverse this, to unlock genre of all my films but, it seems, it don't work in bulk edition. I have to unlock each movie one by one. Any tips for me ?

Thank you

VicMoore

Matot, I am glad to help.  I may have made a mistake when doing bulk edit of locks. I am looking into it right now.

Vic

YES THERE IS A PROBLEM.  I wil fix it ASAP.  Thanks for pointing this out

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

OK - problem fixed.  You can now add and remove locks in bulk edit. Thanks, Matot for reporting this problem. 

Vic

emby_new_tool_29.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

DarKni8
14 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Yes it's possible. Click the "filter" button and change "Don't show Folders" to "show folders".  Now when you explore your library, the physical folders will appear. Give it a try.

Vic

I tried , but they are not appearing. Do i have to enable something else too?

VicMoore

DarKni8... Could you please explain again the problem you are experiencing? I am often slow to catch on. 🙂  I must be missing some detail, because I display folders all the time.  Tell me what you are doing step by step and what you expect to happen, that's not happening.  Once I grasp what the problem is, I can fix it quickly.

Vic

P.S.  Once you set the filter to "display Folders" this particular filter will stay active while you navigate around your media. So try exploring and see if you notice the folders appearing. For example, if you select Movies, you should see all of the folders that hold your movies.

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I added date pickers for release date and date added.  I also added a year picked for production year. The code is below.

Vic

emby_new_tool_30.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Canaletto

Hello,

Congratulations for this tool that I discover!

Is it possible to change the Date Added field to a full set (TV Show) ? Or is there another trick ?

Merci

Edited by Canaletto

VicMoore

Hello Canaletto...

I will add "Date Added" to the bulk editor.  It will take me a few days because I am busy on another project. Thanks for pointing this deficiency out.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

Hello Canaletto...

Your requested addition is now in the code.  Let me know if it works as you expected.

Go to the TV series where you want to change the "date added", select a season, then use shift-click on any show to select them all. Now use the bulk edit to change them all at once.

Vic

emby_new_tool_32.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Hello everyone...

Just for fun (and a learning experience) I have programmed an Emby Dashboard so that I can monitor my Emby server from a Raspberry Pi like device connected to a monitor. The monitor sits on my Synology NAS  and it keeps me informed about the server's activity. With it I can see what each tv in the house is doing. The code is included in the "New Tool" if you would like to give it a try.  You can also strip the code out and use it as I do. As always, the code is free to use.

Vic

emby_new_tool_32.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I fixed the EPG in the Simple Web Client, and fixed several cosmetic problems with the Dashboard.  I am using these two projects to explore the power of the Emby API.  This API sets Emby apart from all other Video servers. 

Vic

emby_new_tool_33.html

• Thanks 1