A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Hello Stenweb...

At the moment you can't search on "No Genre."  I will look into doing it.  Thanks for letting me know this omission. I should have an answer later today or tomorrow.

Vic

stenweb
43 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Stenweb...

At the moment you can't search on "No Genre."  I will look into doing it.  Thanks for letting me know this omission. I should have an answer later today or tomorrow.

Vic

Thank you. Even something as simple as using a "-" in the Search boxes - e.g. Search for Genres is filled in as Action,-"Adventure" to show only action genre movies, without also being in Adventure genre.... 

Or in the Search for String - Star Wars,-"Phantom" will return all Star Wars movies without the word Phantom in there.

VicMoore

Stenweb... I am still working on your request. I believe what you want to do is:

1) display the items in a folder that don't have an assigned genre.

2) select these items

3) assign to each selected item a tag or genre or both

Vic

VicMoore

OK, I will have to code ready later today.

Vic

VicMoore

Stenweb, the code is below...

1) when you select a library (folder) two pulldown lists will appear at the top of the display; one for Tags and another for Genres. In the Genre selections there is an option for selecting items that don't have a genre. Select this option.

2) the items that don't have a genre are displayed. Now  press the "shift" key and click any item. This will select all of the items (those that dont have genres)

3) now you can bulk edit the metadata for all of the selected items.

Let me know if this does what you want.

Vic

emby_new_tool_26.html

ArcticZeph

Hi @VicMoore

Thanks for the great plugin, it makes tagging so much easier!

Is it possible to increase the character limit (preferably limitless) in the "Search for imdb id box" under the filters menu? I imported a comma separated list of 150 imdb IDs for tagging but there seems to be a character limit in the box which means I can only tag about 10 titles at a time.

ArcticZeph

Edit: Nevermind I think I found the way to increase the limit by editing the maxlength value in the html file. Is there any stability issue if the value is set too high? I have set it at 20000 for now.

Edited by ArcticZeph

VicMoore

ArticZeph, I will change the value in the code. As for stability, all I know to do is change it and see what happens. Do you have any ideas about how to add imdb values in an easier way?

Vic

ArcticZeph

@VicMoore

I tried adding a few bunch and it seems to work until 450 movies in a batch. Beyond that the filter results seem to get stuck in loading until I restart the page. 

Do you have any ideas about how to add imdb values in an easier way?

I didnt quite get what you were asking. Do you mean how to mass import imdb IDs from IMDB in an easier way or you were asking about the format of the IDs?

Also another thing I found while making collections is that in the "Emby Web Client" mode, I cant seem to add multiple TV shows to playlists/collections as the option to add doesnt show up at the bottom. I can add movies in batch to playlists/collections properly though.

VicMoore

ArcticZeph, I think you ran into a limit where the comma delimited list exceeded the maximum length of the url. 

I will test and fix, if necessary, the issue you identified with the playlists/collections for adding TV shows. I can do it tomorrow afternoon.

As for my question, I was just asking if you had any ideas about improving the GUI.  I often find that users are much better than I when it comes to the GUI and how to use it.

Thanks for your report.

Vic

VicMoore

ArcticZeph, I should explain the url mentioned above.  The tool itself does not do any of the work associated with the filters. It just collects what the user wants to do and formulates it into a URL that seeds the data to the Emby server. All of the magic happens in the server. 

Vic

VicMoore

ArcticZeph, I have not been able to duplicate the problem that you reported with adding TV shows to collections and playlists. Could you explain the problem in more detail?  

Vic

ArcticZeph

@VicMoore

The 1st issue is that Ctrl+Click doesnt seem to work for me in "Emby Client Mode" but Shift+Click does. When I press Ctrl and click on any movie or TV show it does nothing.
The 2nd issue is that for Movie libraries, I can atleast use filters and then Shift+click to add all the results to a collection. But for TV libraries, even after filtering and Shift+Click no option to add to collection/playlist appears at the bottom.

The Ctrl+Click issue isnt present on the regular "metadata editor" mode, it works perfectly there. I am using the latest v26 of the tool.

VicMoore

OK now I understand. The ctl-click is used to select folders.  The series and seasons for TV shows are folders, but I didn't make them selectable because I thought that Collections and Playlists contained only shows, not folders of shows. If I am wrong, I can change it easily.

Vic

VicMoore

I corrected some minor bugs and added a "GOTO" pulldown list. You can now jump to an item based on the first character of its name. For example, from the GOTO pulldown list select the letter "B" to start the display with the first item's name that begins with a "B".

Vic

emby_new_tool_27.html

• Like 1

VicMoore

I made a few cosmetic changes and added "Latest Media Added" to the main Library page. I did this just to learn how to do it.  It actually took only a few lines of code, once I learned how to do it from the Emby Web Client. I did this just for fun. Let me know if you find it useful. 

Vic

emby_new_tool_28.html

• Like 2

DarKni8
On 3/16/2022 at 5:39 AM, VicMoore said:

TIHTCM, try the code below.  Click the filter tab and select the filter "Don't Show Folders" and select from the pulldown list the option "Show Folders".  Afterword's, the folders will be displayed.  Let me know if it works the way you expected.

Vic

emby_new_tool_19.html 285.4 kB · 26 downloads

This isnt working for me, am i missing something? 

DarkKniyt (John)

THANK YOU!

Just found this tool, don't know how I missed it.
Been wanting this for soooo long!

One idea - Can you add the ability to "Lock / Unlock" multiple titles at one time?

Thank for the hard work - Great Tool!

VicMoore

DarkKniyt, I didn't realize that I didn't include locking multiple titles.  I will fix it.  Thanks for letting me know this oversight.

Vic 

VicMoore

DarKni8, in what way are things not working for you?  Explain what's not working and I will fix it.

Vic

VicMoore

Good morning John (DarkKniyt)...

I added code to bulk edit so that Titles and Overviews can be bulk locked.  Give it a try and let me know if it satisfies your needs. If you want changes, let me know.

Vic

emby_new_tool_28.html

• Like 1

VicMoore

I use the normal port.  I don't have Emby set up for HTTPS.  Let me know if you need more help.

Vic

alessioP

thank you VicMoore I tried another time today and it worked, maybe I only typed something wrong.

Now I'm tryng to modify the HTML to add on the parental rating the values in the Italian version that I need to modify my database but I have a problem.

The modify that I've done is working but only if manage one or few files at the same time.

If I do the same modification in all the folder the modification is not applied.

There is a limit of files number manageable at the same time?