A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

rideekulous
On 5/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, VicMoore said:

Hello rideekulous...

Parental ratings works for me.. Explain exactly what failed and I will fix it.  Are you using version 24?

The "save" button saves the metadata for the displayed item.  To bulk edit all of the selected items use the "bulk edit" button.

Vic

emby_new_tool_24.html 317.59 kB · 0 downloads

Heyo @VicMoore, yes I used v24 of the tool.

I launch in firefox and log in, CTRL-click the library, click Bulk Edit, choose APPROVE under Parental Rating, then click Save.

The screen refreshes back to the main screen I see after logging in; I go check the files in that library and the new parental rating is not applied.

... and now I just went into the library, selected all files inside and repeated the process which actually worked. So likely, what I was attempting to do (choosing the parent library) is not supported.

Edited by rideekulous

VicMoore

Hello rideekulous...

Thanks for the detailed report.  I will look into the problem later today.   

Vic

VicMoore

Hello rideekulous...

The tool works as you described.  When you select one or more folders, the metadata that you edit is applied only to the folders, not the content.  The application of the edits is not applied recursively.  It might be possible to add a checkbox to select a recursive application of the edits.  I have to make sure that the Emby API will allow this.

Vic

VicMoore

In the code below I have made a number of changes to the "Emby Client" code.  For example, you can now play remote trailers.  I also fixed a bug in the HLS code for playing videos and made a few simple cosmetic changes to the HTML.

Vic

emby_new_tool_25.html

Edited by VicMoore
fixed a small bug

Hawkwinter
21 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Hello rideekulous...

The tool works as you described.  When you select one or more folders, the metadata that you edit is applied only to the folders, not the content.  The application of the edits is not applied recursively.  It might be possible to add a checkbox to select a recursive application of the edits.  I have to make sure that the Emby API will allow this.

Vic

Recursively removing things would be handy. Sometimes Emby grabs metadata for individual episodes (especially for cartoons), and I would prefer all my episodes to have no genre tags, and have all the genre tags on shows instead.

Hmm. Actually. That would require me to nuke all my genres. Recursivity wouldnt make my usecase more convenient.

Edited by Hawkwinter

hemsimmons

Pardon me if I am asking a dumb question here --- but I've downloaded several of the recent versions and can NOT seem to get to the metadata editor.  No matter which radio button I choose when I login, it goes to the Emby Web Client.  While I am very application intuitive -- I am not a techie and with 29 pages in this thread I'd be here until Christmas trying to find the solution.  Thanks for any help.

VicMoore

Hello Hemsimmons...

I am always glad to help.  Please tell me which browser you are using. I have attached the latest code below. Give it a try.  

I have never encountered the problem that you are having. The web client is just a tool for learning the Emby API. I was trying to duplicate some of the magic the Emby Team has embodied in their web client. It's just a way to learn Emby better.

The main part of the code is the metadata editor.  It should default to the editor if you don't click any of the radio buttons when you sign on.

Vic

emby_new_tool_26.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Hello again Hemsimmons...

When you sign on you should see a screen with all of your views, such as Movies, TV Shows, Music, etc.  Just click one of these views and you will see the contents of that folder. Now click a Movie or TV Show or Music, etc to have the Metadata for your selection displayed. You can select more than one item. 

Let me know if this helps.

Vic

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, hemsimmons said:

Pardon me if I am asking a dumb question here --- but I've downloaded several of the recent versions and can NOT seem to get to the metadata editor.  No matter which radio button I choose when I login, it goes to the Emby Web Client.  While I am very application intuitive -- I am not a techie and with 29 pages in this thread I'd be here until Christmas trying to find the solution.  Thanks for any help.

I sort of had that issue on the new design as there is double scrollbars one for library and the other to show editor below library.

image.thumb.png.e20e25662c7dba3ddd65fdac3306a04e.png

VicMoore

Happy2Play,  what would be a better way to scroll?  I appreciate your comment and would like to improve the API.

Vic

VicMoore

Happy2play...  I changed the GUI to scroll automatically to the editor when you select an item.  Give it a try.

Vic

emby_new_tool_26.html

Edited by VicMoore

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

Happy2play...  I changed the GUI to scroll automatically to the editor when you select an item.  Give it a try.

Vic

emby_new_tool_26.html 353.34 kB · 0 downloads

Very nice, only issue would be if you want to select more them one item you are bounced and have to scroll back up.

hemsimmons

Neither scrolling nor version 26 are working for me -- I'm not seeing editor anywhere.   Print screens attached. Using Edge browser.

screenshots.pdf

Edited by hemsimmons

VicMoore

Hemsimmons...  All you have to do is click on one of the movies and you will see the editor come up populated with the meta data for that movie.

Vic

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, hemsimmons said:

Neither scrolling nor version 26 are working for me -- I'm not seeing editor anywhere.   Print screens attached. Using Edge browser.

screenshots.pdf 369.67 kB · 1 download

Did you actually select a item in the folder?

hemsimmons

yes -- and I finally found this in the MIDDLE of the outer scroll bar -- but that is all.  Man I'm feeling dumb tonight.....image.thumb.png.665666a7b95ffdaff4c14201d5c32848.png

VicMoore

Hmmm -- you should not be seeing the Manage Playlist stuff.  You are not using version 26.  Download the code attached below and try it. Also, what browser are you using?

Vic

emby_new_tool_26.html

hemsimmons

Okay -- I had downloaded 26 once before but maybe I didn't go the exact same steps as the other times.   So I FINALLY see the editor....now how do I get BACK to the Manage Playlist/Collections section for when I do want to do that...??

VicMoore

Those options are in the Emby Player.  When you sign on, select the Emby Player radio button. Then select one or more items just like you did with the editor. When you do, a screen will display that has buttons on it for building collections and playlists.  You can create new Collections/Playlists or add the selected items to an existing Collection/Playlist.  Let me know if you need more info. I am always happy to help.

Vic

VicMoore

Happy2Play... In the new code I added Remote Playing.  Give it a try and constructive comments are always welcome. You have helped to improve this tool many times in the past.

Vic

hemsimmons

Thanks for the help for the dimwitted tonight, Vic!  If I could only get settled in HOW I want to organize things I might actually make some progress! 😮

VicMoore

Hemsimmons...  If you need more help, I am always available.

Vic

stenweb

This is amazing - thank you. 

Is there any way of when filtering, to exclude videos that already have a genre on them? E.g. I want to see only videos with a string containing "10" but without a genre.