A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Magsajo

A thousand times THANK YOU.   This has made an impossible chore into a breeze.   

Is there a possibility for a progress bar for those with "slower" machines?   Say the page is editing a folder with multi-hundred items - would be nice to see if the process is hung (not that it ever has), instead of guessing (and retrying).   

And this definitely should be a plugin of some sort in the plugins catalog.  

VicMoore

Thanks Magsajo...  Yes a progress bar is possible.  What activity would you like it on?  I will look into the difficulty of doing this. 

Vic

VicMoore

Magsajo,  I will add a progress bar for bulk edits early next week.  I have Easter plans with the family.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was a great idea.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Magsajo, The progress bar for bulk edits has been added. See the attached code.  I got it done early because I could not sleep last night 🙂

Vic

emby_new_tool_23.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Super957

Grat tool 🙂 with this tool is possible search Movie with certain "resolution" eg. 1920, 1080 and not only "HD" ?

Thank

Hispa

VicMoore

Hello Super957...

Yes you can.  Go to filter and select "video type".  This pull down list includes the resolutions you want to filter on.  Let me know how it works.

Vic

visproduction

VIc,  Thanks for this tool. Nice work.

Filter Video Type allows 4k, HD, SD... blu-ray

I cannot pick 1080P, separately from 720P  - It seems you cannot select 1080P type videos, separately from 720P.  HD mixes them together.  My understanding of the 1080P and 720P definition is:

• Width: 1920 < 3840 gets 1080P
  • OR Height: 1080 < 2160 gets 1080P

• Width: 1280 < 1920 gets 720P
  • OR Height: 720 < 1080 gets 720P

These values are already in the metadata and can just be pulled from there, instead of trying to figure them out on the fly.  My motivation is to create a 1080P collection.

===

Searching by genre:

1) Searching for custom genre with multiple words fails.
 The two worded genre from imdb is TV Movie.  I can add extra genres.  In my case I added Super Hero, Time Travel.  All these fail on searches, because they are two words.

2) && || and != searches are not possible

I tried && and could not search for Romance && Comedy.  jQuery allows this type of 'if' selections with && and ||, but these variables would need to be written into the GUI.  It's proabably easier with multiple fields in the genres and && and || switches between each field.  If you let the user type the entire search parameter with &&,  OR ||, not equal !=  you have to parse the genre field text and some genres could be custom and have more than one word.  This is sort of an edge case feature and I am not sure who else would like to use it.  I would guess you would have to set the number of possible genre mixes.  I think 4 fields would be enough for almost anything.

My motivation was to create a Romance && Comedy combined movie collection.  Each film would have both genres.  This collection seems the most obvious one.  There are other reasons someone might like to use this feature to make collections:

1. Mystery || Suspense || Thriller 
  2. Sci Fi || Fantasy
  3. 1080P && Drama
  4. Drama && Comedy  (there are actually a lot of these films with this combination)
  5. Drama != Comedy 

Anyway, these are just some ideas for features.  I can also send you jQuery code that does all of these features using variables, if that would help.   

Please don't bother to code this, just from my suggestion. Would anyone else like to have any of these features?

VicMoore

Hello visproduction...

Thanks for the comments and ideas.   I don't mind adding things just for you.  I just need to understand what you are asking to be done.  I will study your suggestions today.

Vic

VicMoore

Visproduction, are you sure thar Emby supports genres with embedded spaces?  I tried a few examples and they all failed.

Vic

VicMoore

Hello mbarylski...

In version 24 you can bulk edit Parental Ratings now.  Give it a try

Vic

P.S.  the new tool

emby_new_tool_24.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

MBSki

@VicMoore Excellent, thank you!

2 questions:

• Can you add an option to cascade the parental rating to sub-folders? So if I have 2 folders, both with multiple videos, I'd like to just be able to select the folders and apply the parental rating to both the folder AND the sub-videos in BOTH folders.
  • Why are there 2 tools? They look very similar.

VicMoore

Sorry for the delay...

The new tool is a rewrite of the old tool. I did this because the old tool contained lots of test code that helped me learn the Emby API. This included a bunch of code that had nothing to do with changing a files metadata. One example is IPTV.  The new code improves the old design, but it can still be improved. For example, there is a considerable amount of duplicated code and in many places, I used inline CSS, just to make things simple. 

To answer your question about folders, this tool can only do what the API's allow it to do.  All the magic happens inside the Emby server.  With my current understanding, I don't think I can do what you are asking.  However, I have been corrected several times by people that know the API far better than I. They showed me how to do what I thought impossible. Maby this will happen again.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

MBSki
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Sorry for the delay...

The new tool is a rewrite of the old tool. I did this because the old tool contained lots of test code that helped me learn the Emby API. This included a bunch of code that had nothing to do with changing a files metadata. One example is IPTV.  The new code improves the old design, but it can still be improved. For example, there is a considerable amount of duplicated code and in many places, I used inline CSS, just to make things simple. 

To answer your question about folders, this tool can only do what the API's allow it to do.  All the magic happens inside the Emby server.  With my current understanding, I don't think I can do what you are asking.  However, I have been corrected several times by people that know the API far better than I. They showed me how to do what I thought impossible. Maby this will happen again.

Vic

Cool, thanks @VicMoore!

Hawkwinter
7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

The new code improves the old design, but it can still be improved. For example, there is a considerable amount of duplicated code and in many places, I used inline CSS, just to make things simple.

Heyhey.

Sorry I started on that CSS redesign of v22 and then dropped off the face of the planet. It's been a busy couple of weeks. I plan to put some more time into it again this week.

Seger

@VicMoore

am i missing something, or is it not yet possible to delete all the red tomato ratings so that you can update them once?

thank you for the great tool...

many greetings
seger

VicMoore

Hello Seger...  I have no idea what "red tomato" ratings are.   I am willing to help but have not encountered "red tomato" in any of the API's that I have used.  Could you explain red tomato to me?

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

"red tomato"

That would be Rotten Tomatoes ratings that we actually get from OMDB.  But it is the "CriticRating" in the database.

7 hours ago, Seger said:

@VicMoore

am i missing something, or is it not yet possible to delete all the red tomato ratings so that you can update them once?

thank you for the great tool...

many greetings
seger

The odds are what you have is all you will get as this is dependent on OMDB updating their metadata for us to get something different.

Seger

Unbenannt.PNG.0bb785bb46a6dc4cf4a53b805abdc023.PNG

Unbenannt1.thumb.PNG.f6b976fa5e236e9dac8ca0ddf3da6bdc.PNG

CriticRating

I have now been able to solve it for myself by using TinyMedia Manager to reload all the ratings, this obviously deletes the Rotten Tomatoes ratings. After that I was able to search for new metadata via Emby and it downloaded the most recent ones.

Edited by Seger
CriticRating

VicMoore

I am a little slow picking up on what people are asking me to do.  I just realized that Genres could have embedded spaces, like "TV Movie."  In my code I remove these spaces when searching. I will correct this mistake later today or tomorrow.  Sorry for the slow response.  

Thanks visProduction for pointing this out.

Vic

rideekulous

Just tried the latest tool to set parental rating to APPROVED on a couple libraries and it doesn't seem to have done anything.

VicMoore

Hello rideekulous...

Parental ratings works for me.. Explain exactly what failed and I will fix it.  Are you using version 24?

The "save" button saves the metadata for the displayed item.  To bulk edit all of the selected items use the "bulk edit" button.

Vic

emby_new_tool_24.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

The attached code corrects the problem with tags and genres having embedded spaces ( like TV Show ).

VisProduction, please let me know if this satisfies your needs. If not, I will change it  🙂

Vic

emby_new_tool_24a.html

Hawkwinter
On 5/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, VicMoore said:

I am a little slow picking up on what people are asking me to do.  I just realized that Genres could have embedded spaces, like "TV Movie."  In my code I remove these spaces when searching. I will correct this mistake later today or tomorrow.  Sorry for the slow response.  

Thanks visProduction for pointing this out.

Vic

Or even just "Science Fiction", very true.