A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

horstepipe
23 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Horstepipe...

My mind is a bit slow. I understand from your description that you want to mass edit movies. In particular, you would like to add to each selected movie (from the Emby library) a tag that represents in some way a list of IMDB links that you provide. Is this correct?

Vic

Exactly yes.

horstepipe

Oh, or wait.

basically there is this site:

https://www.film-fish.com

providing lots of useful film lists, e.g. this one:

https://www.film-fish.com/raunchy-80s-comedy

So my idea was building a little script which fetches each IMDb link from the source code of the website of each iists.

Then I‘d just need a way to mass edit my movies via IMDb links - and your tool seems to be the best for that job.

VicMoore

Good morning Horstepipe.

You said that you wanted to:

"Then I‘d just need a way to mass edit my movies via IMDb links."  What are the details of this algorithm?

You agreed that your goal was to select a group of movies and then give to each a set of tags based on IMDB links. You can do this now by putting your IMDB links into a comma delimited list and adding that list as tags to each selected movie. Do I have this right?

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

horstepipe
58 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Horstepipe.

You said that you wanted to:

"Then I‘d just need a way to mass edit my movies via IMDb links."  What are the details of this algorithm?

You agreed that your goal was to select a group of movies and then give to each a set of tags based on IMDB links. You can do this now by putting your IMDB links into a comma delimited list and adding that list as tags to each selected movie. Do I have this right?

Vic

Good morning!

I am sorry that I do not articulate properly. I am still not sure whether you fully understand what I'd like to do.

Let me go through the steps how I thought it would work (if you add the feature).

• 1. Select movies I want to add a tag for.
    • this should be done via  "IMDB links into a comma delimited list"
  • 2. add "tag x" to the movies I selected in step 1
  • 3. (optional) give some output for movies which are not available on Emby server
Edited by horstepipe

VicMoore

Yes, filter on ratings is easy to do. At the moment I am fully occupied with home duties for the wife. I will add this soon.

On another topic, Horstepipe, I have not forgotten your request. It's not easy to do. I will let you know soon if I can do it.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Jankete, Emby allows specifying a max official rating, a min community rating, and a min critic rating. It can also sort on an Official Rating. I can add all of these as filters, but I don't have a list of what the allowed ratings are. For example, I know only three: PG, PG-13, TV-MA.  I need a complete list in the format that the Emby API requires. Can you provide this?

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

seanbuff
48 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I added Parental ratings to the filters. Jankete, is this what you wanted?

Or was he referring to Community and Critic ratings?

image.png.6a1f431bf9d5c79a23a79a4e6109c94a.png

• Like 1

GrimReaper
On 1/19/2022 at 10:34 AM, jankete said:

Altersfreigabe

Translates to "age rating", so I'd guess Vic's right with PG.

• Like 2

VicMoore

Jankete, I also added filters for community and critic ratings, just in case I misunderstood your request. The new code is below. The rule is that the person that requests a feature has to test it.

Thanks Seanbuff and GrimReaper for the pointers.

Vic

EmbyTagApp27.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 3

GrimReaper

Not to be a prophet, but remember what was the very first post way back when you first introduced your good tool, @VicMoore

On 7/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, GrimReaper said:

one of the directions I could see this evolving would be as a viable alternative to inbuilt Metadata Manager, other db fields could be manipulated just as well. Lack of core mass-edit has been an issue for quite some time, so much that number of users have resorted to 3rd party apps or various workarounds, being successful to a lesser or greater extent; since this would be tied directly to Emby, I'm quite sure lots of nerves could be spared and number of users could find solution to their issues.

Well, you've already come a long way there. 😉

Great job, Vic. 

• Agree 2

VicMoore

Grimeaper... you have been a great help. Your suggestions have made this tool so much better. Everyone has contributed and the tool belongs to us all.  I greatly appreciate your posts and encouragement.  

Vic

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. Yes, I meant the parental rating. But here I have the German ones. "DE-*" can be ignored, "FSK-*" is what I'm interested in.

image.png.337b4d0423603849fe92c1922f01a37d.png

Edited by jankete

VicMoore
APPROVED,1
G,1
E,1
EC,1
TV-G,1
TV-Y,2
TV-Y7,3
TV-Y7-FV,4
PG,5
TV-PG,5
PG-13,7
T,7
TV-14,8
R,9
M,9
TV-MA,9
NC-17,10
AO,15
RP,15
UR,15
NR,15
X,15
XXX,100

Jankete, above are the US parental codes and their weights. This is what I implemented. I need to know how to map these into the German Codes. In other words, what weight should be given to each FSK code.  For example, is FSK-0 equivalent to TV-G, which has a weight of 1?

I made some improvements to the Parental Filters. The code is below. The gap is closing between what the tool can do and what you want.

Vic

EmbyTagApp27a.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

It has been suggested that this tool needs a new name. How about "Emby Metadata Tool"?  Anyone have a suggestion?

Vic

Oh, I didn't know, that there is some kind of "translation" between the frontend (FSK-0) and the database (weights). But I'm happy with version 27a. So thanks a lot! 😀

VicMoore

Jankete, I am happy if you are OK with the latest code. Let me know if you need changes.

Vic

VicMoore

Horstapipe,  the way this tool works is that it uses the Emby APIs to do all of the heavy lifting. For example, I don't search the DB. I just send the right URLs to Emby and it does the search for me. I don't do anything directly. I am saying this because I have not yet found a way to do what you want via these APIs.  I will keep looking.  I appreciate your request and will not put it aside until I have further explored how to do it.

Vic

GrimReaper
On 1/21/2022 at 8:07 PM, VicMoore said:

above are the US parental codes and their weights. This is what I implemented. I need to know how to map these into the German Codes. In other words, what weight should be given to each FSK code.  For example, is FSK-0 equivalent to TV-G, which has a weight of 1?

LoadRatings("de", new[] {

new ParentalRating("DE-0", 1),
                new ParentalRating("FSK-0", 1),
                new ParentalRating("DE-6", 5),
                new ParentalRating("FSK-6", 5),
                new ParentalRating("DE-12", 7),
                new ParentalRating("FSK-12", 7),
                new ParentalRating("DE-16", 8),
                new ParentalRating("FSK-16", 8),
                new ParentalRating("DE-18", 9),
                new ParentalRating("FSK-18", 9)
            });

VicMoore

Jankete, thanks to GrimReaper giving me the map between the FSK ratings to the parental weight codes in Emby, I was able to add the FSK notations to the pulldown lists. The code is attached below.

In this version of the tool, I also enhanced the playlists. You can now play playlists.

Vic

EmbyTagApp28.html

• Like 2

TheUrbanXplorer

Hey, that's really cool, I must say. Really a good possibility for mass processing.
Is it possible to add actors here as well?
Is about Emby itself quite lengthy.

VicMoore

Good morning (evening) TheUrbanExplorer...  Could you explain more about Actors. For example, are you asking for a name list to be added, or the metadata for the names? This doesn't sound like something that you would do with a group of movies.

Vic

TheUrbanXplorer

Depends. 🙂
With German series it is often the case that hardly any information can be obtained from Emby itself, which is why manual editing takes quite a lot of time (at least if you like it complete).
Since here castings of the roles are mostly similar across the board, it would have clear advantages to be able to specify actors.

Edited by TheUrbanXplorer