A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

CBers
6 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Interesting, I am getting alerts that CBers and Yarafie have sent me posts, but nothing is slowing in the blog. The last post was over 12 hours ago.  I am not blog knowledgeable so I must be doing something wrong.

vic

I LIKED your earlier post. 

Was that the notification you got? 

VicMoore

CBers, I am sad to say that I don't know.  I am new to posting on Blogs.  I read many blogs but seldom post to them. This is my first adventure into having a blog 🙂  

Vic

CBers
5 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

CBers, I am sad to say that I don't know.  I am new to posting on Blogs.  I read many blogs but seldom post to them. This is my first adventure into having a blog 🙂  

Vic

Which blog are you taking about, as I've been nowhere near a blog for years. 

Edited by CBers

VicMoore

Sorry, again my ignorance.  Isn't  this application that we are using to talk to each other called a blog?  If not what should I call it?

Vic

CBers
7 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Sorry, again my ignorance.  Isn't  this application that we are using to talk to each other called a blog?  If not what should I call it?

Vic

A forum. 

You probably got a notification that I and Yarafie responded to a post you made. 

• Agree 1

VicMoore

Thanks for the help.  I am teachable 🙂  I greatly appreciate your help.  Also, everyone's comments have made the code so much better.

Vic

19 minutes ago, CBers said:

A forum. 

You probably got a notification that I and Yarafie responded to a post you made. 

That is probably correct @VicMoorewe probably liked your post so you got notification 😀 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Yarafie.... I added LOCKING, but go slowly until you test that it does what you want. 

Vic

EmbyTagApp11.html 164.24 kB · 0 downloads

Will test it sometime today. 

Regarding LOCKING where would it appear to LOCK or UNLOCK an item.

I see it as a Filter but not sure where it is as an Action.

Edited by yarafie

VicMoore

You add locks just like you add tags.  I tried to fix a bug but didn't have time to test it. The attached code may work better for you.  In any event test with caution to make sure everything is as expected before changing a lot of locks on things.

Vic

EmbyTagApp12.html

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

You add locks just like you add tags.  I tried to fix a bug but didn't have time to test it. The attached code may work better for you.  In any event test with caution to make sure everything is as expected before changing a lot of locks on things.

Vic

EmbyTagApp12.html 165.67 kB · 0 downloads

Ok. will test it when I get home from work need a PC :)

Did you add the filter feature to LIVE TV I don't see it?

Screenshot_20211212-082559_Chrome.png

Edited by yarafie

VicMoore

No, I have not added filters to liveTV yet. I got so interested in trying to figure out how to do locks that nothing else got done.

Vic

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

No, I have not added filters to liveTV yet. I got so interested in trying to figure out how to do locks that nothing else got done.

Vic

Take your time I'm about to test locking and will let you know.

45 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Vic

Picture is worth one thousand words.

I selected lock tag for the channel ABC and it then checked metadata in emby.

One thing you might want to change metadata for Live TV is different much less than metadata for other media you might want to take that into account.

Screenshot_20211212-162240_Emby.png

VicMoore

I just corrected a bug and I am working on another.  They concern setting the watched and unwatched flags. Most of the code is shared with locking.

Vic

EmbyTagApp12.html

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Good morning Yarafie...

Glad to see it working.  I will implement your suggestion to make the tag/lock menu more directed to what you are doing.  First, I want to get the functionality correct and debugged. I learned a great deal from implementing locks that I never knew existed. I am learning the Emby API one step at a time. All learning is fun.

Vic

• Agree 1

VicMoore

Yarafie, I just noticed that by retaining all previous locks prevents you from deleting a lock. I will add a checkbox so you can decide if you want to retain locks or not.

Vic

VicMoore

Yarafie, below is the latest code. I added a check box so you can decide if you want to keep the existing locks along with the new ones.

Vic

EmbyTagApp13.html

Edited by VicMoore

7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Yarafie, below is the latest code. I added a check box so you can decide if you want to keep the existing locks along with the new ones.

Vic

EmbyTagApp13.html 166.99 kB · 1 download

Cool. will test that when I get home today. For LIVE TV, at least for me once I've locked the tag probably won't go back to unlock it. V12 is working great for me I was able to lock and change tags for multiple channels.

Also a refresh of Live TV honored the locks on tags and did not overwrite so it preserved the work I did in assigning Tags 👍👍

Edited by yarafie

VicMoore

Good morning Yarafie...

It doesn't look like Emby does much with filtering channels.  I can filter on "Sort By" and "Sort By Direction."  Sorting on tags doesn't work.

Vic

39 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Yarafie...

It doesn't look like Emby does much with filtering channels.  I can filter on "Sort By" and "Sort By Direction."  Sorting on tags doesn't work.

Vic

The filter Sort by "Name" and Sort By Direction "Ascending/Descending" works fine.

Do you have access to metadata of channels?

Seems Title is like Name.

Screenshot_20211213-185944_Emby.png

Screenshot_20211213-190615_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20211213-190602_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20211213-190547_Chrome.png