A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Neik, below is my first attempt at filtering. On the Library page there is a new FILTER button. Click it and the filter menu will appear. Define a filter and click the save button. Now when you select a movie or tv library the defined filter will be applied. I limited the scope of the filter to movies and tv shows to simplify testing.

Neik, you requested this feature, so you get to test it 🙂

Vic

EmbyTagApp07.html

Edited by VicMoore

6 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Fair enough, I might only get to it at the weekend though. 😉 

14 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Neik, below is my first attempt at filtering. On the Library page there is a new FILTER button. Click it and the filter menu will appear. Define a filter and click the save button. Now when you select a movie or tv library the defined filter will be applied. I limited the scope of the filter to movies and tv shows to simplify testing.

Vic

tute EmbyTagApp07.html 162.41 kB · 2 downloads

Can you apply this to LIVE TV also?

I tried it on TV Shows and Movies in my Media Library seems to work fine.

Filtered on Action Genere and it showed the show that is defined as Action and nothing else so works. 

What's the No tags found pull down circled in the picture for?

Lastly Could you add a filter for No xxx.

Example I would like to filter out everything that has a tag, genere, etc to see items that don't have any of these so then I can add to it.

Also I posted earlier on the ability to lock Metadata, this is useful especially if you have setting in emby to refresh Metadata from sources. if it runs then all your editing you've done through your tool will be overwritten and you have to start all over. this is especially for live tv where refreshes occur when updating epgs.

I've attached some pictures from emby Metadata editor to help see what I mean. 

Screenshot_20211209-083248_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20211209-092650_Emby.png

Screenshot_20211209-092711_Emby.png

Screenshot_20211209-092509_Emby.png

Edited by yarafie

@VicMoore, what I found out so far from my limited testing:

1. I am seeing the top checkboxes duplicated:
image.thumb.png.845b3427620f2b7772fb72122ab9e4a7.png

2. The filter seem to apply fine on movie libraries.

3. Filters on mixed libraries doesn't seem to apply at all, I still see everything with an applied filter.

4. Filters doesn't work quite well on TV shows libraries, as I have some episodes/seasons tagged and I don't see them when opening the library.

Questoion:

1. For TV show libraries I think it would be nice to have an episode view like Emby Web App has, to be able to tag episodes individually based on the filters.
Is that possible?

2.  Is it possible to expand the filter criterium by sub/audio language?

VicMoore

Neik, I should have mentioned that filters for the moment only apply to movies and TV Shows. I did this to simplify testing. Once everything works OK then I will expand the scope. 

Yarafie, I will look into locking as soon as I can. Also, I include a TAG pulldown list on some screens so you can quickly examine which Tags are used on that screen. I will also examine why the filters fail on Episodes. I will try to answer your other questions later today when I have more time.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

CBers

Any chance of adding SORTing please.

Would be nice to sort with latest added first, so that I can tag them, rather than having to trawl through 500+ movies.

Thanks.

CBers
8 minutes ago, CBers said:

Any chance of adding SORTing please.

Would be nice to sort with latest added first, so that I can tag them, rather than having to trawl through 500+ movies.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

This version should also apply filters to Series and Episodes.

Vic

EmbyTagApp07.html 162.58 kB · 0 downloads

OK, looks like your latest version has what I need, thanks 👍

Could they filters be set per library, rather than globally.

Having to go back to the main page to set the filters is a little annoying.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

CBers

Can you remove the defaulted values in the fields on the login page please.

I know I can edit the HTML file, but each update still has the values in.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

VicMoore

CBers, I will look into your requests. First, I need to get what we have debugged. Your ideas are good ones.

Vic

CBers
3 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

CBers, one of the filters does sort.

Vic

Yes, I found that out as you released v7 as I put my request in.

Many thanks.

VicMoore

CBers, I added the Filter button to other pages. Give it a try and let me know it that's what you were suggesting.

Vic

EmbyTagApp08.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, VicMoore said:

CBers, I added the Filter button to other pages. Give it a try and let me know it that's what you were suggesting.

Vic

EmbyTagApp08.html 162.77 kB · 3 downloads

Ok. Did some preliminary testing for this version.

1. The filter button shows up on home screen. In each library where I have Content see below:

Live TV: No Filter Tab Shows

Recorded Shows : Filter Tab Shows

TV Shows: Filter Tab Shows.

Movies: No Filter Tab Shows

2. Utilizing the Filter tab

I noticed that it works if I set Filters from the main screen then go into the library but if I set filters for example from the TV Shows screen it does not refresh I need to go back to home screen and back into library then it works.

3. Live TV Filter is not working 

Screenshot_20211210-054522_Chrome.png

VicMoore

Thanks Yarafie for the data. Currently filters are not applied until you click on something. This is because everything is cached to minimize server fetches. The server is doing all of the filtering. So, if you don't fetch the page from the server no filtering is applied. I will look into changing the hash algorithm. 

Vic

VicMoore

Good morning...

Attached is the latest code. I tried to implement everyone's ideas. The filter button is now not on the main screen. It's on the various library screens and the screens below them.  Now when you define a filter it's applied immediately.  Filtering should now be more natural.  Please let me know if this is working OK and what changes need to be made. When this is debugged I will add more filters.

Vic

EmbyTagApp09.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning...

Attached is the latest code. I tried to implement everyone's ideas. The filter button is now not on the main screen. It's on the various library screens and the screens below them.  Now when you define a filter it's applied immediately.  Filtering should now be more natural.  Please let me know if this is working OK and what changes need to be made. When this is debugged I will add more filters.

Vic

EmbyTagApp09.html 161.68 kB · 2 downloads

Gave it a quick test and 09 works much smoother than 08. 

Was able to filter TV Shows library and Movies Library and the filter works as soon as I apply the filter. I guess you haven't gotten around to putting filter for Live TV yet.

Great job Vic

VicMoore

Thanks Yarafie for the kind words...

What kind of filtering do you want on Live TV?

I noticed that you also have IPTV. Does the TV Guide work for it and LiveTV?  I don't have IPTV so I can't test how it works.

Vic

VicMoore

I made a few GUI improvements that were suggested above and corrected a couple of small bugs.

Let me know if this tool is working as expected.

Vic

EmbyTagApp10.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

VicMoore

Yarafie, I am still trying to figure out how to lock and unlock files via the Emby API. Just wanted to let you know that I have not forgot your request.

Vic

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Thanks Yarafie for the kind words...

What kind of filtering do you want on Live TV?

I noticed that you also have IPTV. Does the TV Guide work for it and LiveTV?  I don't have IPTV so I can't test how it works.

Vic

Thanks Vic

For Filtering on Live TV Just keep it simple for now, on tags, strings with sort ability and reverse filtering (i.e. filter items with listed tags or filter out items with listed tags). As I don't think there is much metadata associated with the actual channel (see attached picture of metadata for one of the channels). When it comes to the EPG, there may be more items to be able to filter on, but I have so much EPG data that it takes so long to load anyways (I only tried it once cant remember which version of the tool but I recall that EPG did load in your tool but as mentioned took a really long time) so I don't really use that feature in the tool and since EPG changes daily and after every refresh don't see it useful to change metadata for EPG anyways. Channels are more permanent.

The IPTV is just the plugin in emby that plays single streams (NO EPG as far as I recall) so don't bother for now on it to apply filters.

Screenshot_20211211-051833_Emby.png

Edited by yarafie

VicMoore

Yarafie, For LiveTV I have only 20 channels and they load quickly with 2 weeks of TV Guide data. You have over a thousand and that will take time. The good news is that the data is cached, so it's not fetched again. The TV Guide will automatically scroll left according to time. 

I am still trying to learn about locking channels.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Interesting, I am getting alerts that CBers and Yarafie have sent me posts, but nothing is slowing in the blog. The last post was over 12 hours ago.  I am not blog knowledgeable so I must be doing something wrong.

vic