A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

I've just tested the latest version 01b and all basic needs are there.

1. I am able to access remotely

2. I was able to add tags for over 800 channels.

3. The filtering suggestions above would be nice just add ability to filter on a tag or list of tags and show channels with those tags or reverse to be able to show channels that don't have those tags. Hope that makes sense.

Ohh just one thing I noticed 

When I have the "For live TV, Show Channels only, rather than the TV Guide"

I get list of channels with their tags listed.

but when I have the "For live TV, Show Channels only, rather than the TV Guide" unchecked I get a semi blank screen. I let it run for a while.

see screenshots attached

Screenshot_20211122-093802_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20211122-093709_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20211122-093750_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20211122-093439_Chrome.png

Progress looks quite nice, I was able to filter on a particular tag or filter on items without a tag.

Would be nice if the filters would be expanded, e.g. subtitle/audio language, resolution (sd, 720, 1080, 2160), etc. 🙂 

VicMoore

hello Doonz2019,  I had it using the entire browser window earlier.  I will look into adding a checkbox to select this style.

Vic

VicMoore

Hello Neik... 

I am looking into how to select on the parameters you mentioned.  Thanks for doing the testing.  I will improve the filtering asap.

Vic

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Thanks yarafie for all of the info.  Give the code below a spin and check if the problem is fixed.

Your comments are appreciated.

Vic

EmbyTagApp01c.html 126.79 kB · 1 download

Initially got same result but I guess I was not patient enough. Probably due to the number of channels I have and amount of epg it took a while to load but eventually showed up.

Now how to use the filter option?

VicMoore

I made a few GUI changes (colors and styles) and corrected a simple bug or two. Also, when signing on to Emby, the password field is not protected. If you want it protected just uncomment line 219 and comment out line 220. This just adds the "password" attribute to the input field.

Please let me know if the code is working OK in practice and pass on any ideas you might have on how to improve the code. I am currently trying to figure out how to add more filtering.

Vic

EmbyTagApp03.html

• Like 1

kanipek
3 hours ago, julianH1966 said:

I'm having problems logging in. I'm getting 

I was having the same issue. Even though I was entering my server ip it was still attempting to login to x.x.x.201 ip address. I edited the html file and replaced the ip address with my own. I don't know if this is the intended way to do it but it worked for me. This was using all the different versions of this tool.

VicMoore

Hello Julian...

I am happy to help. Did you enter in your correct server address?  Click the debug checkbox and send me a screen shot of your signon screen that includes the console.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

Hello kanipec...

You should not have to edit the html.  I will check the code to see if there is a problem.  Thanks for reporting the problem.

Vic

• Like 1

julianH1966

Hi Vic,

Here's the output. I logged out of Emby, then logged in with the credentials used the the tag tool. They are correct.

What's it having difficulty loading? on the first line?

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/hls.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
VM9 EmbyTagApp03.html:3178 === Sign On Failed ===
192.168.1.201:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
jquery-3.5.1.min.js:2 POST http://192.168.1.201:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
send @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js:2
ajax @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js:2
embyPostSignon @ VM8 EmbyTagApp03.html:454
(anonymous) @ VM8 EmbyTagApp03.html:741
dispatch @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js:2
v.handle @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js:2
jquery-3.5.1.min.js:2 POST http://192.168.1.201:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Thanks for your help. This tool will allow me to tag films as the Christmas Genre, something my wife is ....requesting.... 🙂

Julian

On 11/28/2021 at 4:50 PM, VicMoore said:

I made a few GUI changes (colors and styles) and corrected a simple bug or two. Also, when signing on to Emby, the password field is not protected. If you want it protected just uncomment line 219 and comment out line 220. This just adds the "password" attribute to the input field.

Please let me know if the code is working OK in practice and pass on any ideas you might have on how to improve the code. I am currently trying to figure out how to add more filtering.

Vic

EmbyTagApp03.html 133.64 kB · 7 downloads

Going to test this latest 02 was working fine.

One improvement is adding a way to unlock/lock tags in Metadata.

In emby when editing Metadata it allows you to lock certain items tags is one of them.

Reason for doing this is I'm using your utility to modify tags for live TV. Live TV is usually refreshed on a schedule to get the latest epg guides which are linked to channels. When emby does this it overwrites whatever tags are already there so :) back to square one to editing. I think the same will happen with media in your libraries but usually don't get updated once it's read all the libraries during I initial setup or adding new media unless you have overwrite meta-data feature set don't remember where that is exactly.

Hope my above explanation is clear.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Had to manually edit html as the UI did not edit the coded server ip.

image.png.096665ee272005968e54dc4d697e2c8c.png

image.png.91fc632ae55e48fea7e7fce0f07419ae.png

CBers

TL;DR Is this only available on your LAN, or can you use it externally, such as via DDNS?

7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Had to manually edit html as the UI did not edit the coded server ip.

Ah, perhaps that's why.

Also, is the latest version in post #1, as it seems various versions are being posted through the various pages I have skipped through?

Nice to see Animated Posters working in the HTML. perhaps @Luke can get these working in the Web Client.

Edited by CBers

6 minutes ago, CBers said:

TL;DR Is this only available on your LAN, or can you use it externally, such as via DDNS?

Does also work remotely