A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

That was Firefox. But I have tried chrome and Edge as well.

tool-25c.html# failed. emby-tag-tool-25c.html
All candidate resources failed to load. Media load paused. emby-tag-tool-25c.html

Error in parsing value for ‘width’. Declaration dropped. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:359:24

Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:633:18

Expected declaration but found ‘=’. Skipped to next declaration. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:641:15
Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404 Resource URL: https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/hls.js@latest Source Map URL: hls.min.js.map
Edited by LongMan

VicMoore

LongMan, yes I have that information. What I need now is for you to open the browser console and send me a screen shot. I also need a screen shot of the tool itself, especially the system info in the box area above the tool. It would also be helpful to know if you are technical. It would help me to choose the right words when asking for info or requesting tests.

Be sure to run the html only in Chrome or Edge. Don't use firefox.  It would also be helpful if you updated the JavaScript in your browser. 

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Hello LongMan...

The images are very blurry.  Please attach images at a higher resolution. I can't read anything from these.  Also, you didn't select the console tab for the browser console.  Please answer the following questions:

1) are you using Chrome or Edge?

2) are you running windows 10?

3) did you update Javascript in your browser?

4) what is your experience level ?

5) When you click on the "select a user" pulldown list, do you get a list of the users for your emby server.  You must have at least one user defined.  

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

1. That was Firefox

2. Yes, Windows 10.

3. Installed jre-8u301-windows-x64.exe. Still no joy

4. Experience level with web coding - low, very low actually

VicMoore

It looks like the problem is "resizePage()."  What is the java runtime on the Edge browser that you are using?  The "jre-8u301" that you listed above was for your firefox browser. 

Vic

11 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Yarafie, I made a mistake, the latest code is below. I was too quick with the mouse and sent the note before reading it.

Be sure to edit the top of the HTML and change the server address and the Emby API key to your own.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-25c.html 159.02 kB · 5 downloads

Well got it installed and it works on my local LAN. Initially didn't think it worked but I had opened TV Shows folder and it just displayed "Working" and was stuck there. So I decided to go to a folder with less items and same  "Working" message appeared and it seemed also stuck there. Decided to call it a night but left it open in the "Working" message. When I woke up this morning behold it listed the items in that folder not sure how long it took though. Haven't gone pass that yet as I was doing it on my android phone in Chrome and limited to what I can do (i.e. no mouse 😀) so will probably play with it more later today on my windows laptop.

Edited by yarafie

VicMoore

good morning yarafie...

WOW, you are the first to get it working on an android phone. The delays are long because the code is compute intensive. It could be greatly optimized but I have not had the time. Let me know if I can help you further. 

BTW, the code will only works when you are on your local LAN.

Vic

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

good morning yarafie...

WOW, you are the first to get it working on an android phone. The delays are long because the code is compute intensive. It could be greatly optimized but I have not had the time. Let me know if I can help you further. 

BTW, the code will only works when you are on your local LAN.

Vic

When there is a will there is a way. 

So no remote access I guess, good enough.

VicMoore

LongMan, I apologize for my loose use of words. I told you to check you Java version. What I should have said is JavaScript.  It's built into the browser.  Download the latest version of Chrome (or Edge) and try it.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Yarafie, I am trying to figure out how to make remote access work. I am not a professional programmer and have much to learn 🙂

Vic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

LongMan, I apologize for my loose use of words. I told you to check you Java version. What I should have said is JavaScript.  It's built into the browser.  Download the latest version of Chrome (or Edge) and try it.

I am beginning to wonder if the problem is with the server. I have tried different computers and the results are the same.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 3:39 PM, VicMoore said:

Yarafie, I am trying to figure out how to make remote access work. I am not a professional programmer and have much to learn 🙂

Vic

How is your research going?

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

Neik...

Sorry for the long delay. I have been away.

I have not yet worked on this problem. I have been trying to help a friend finish a JavaScript project. When it's done I can return to this project.  I am excited to learn more about remote access with the Emby API.

Vic

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

Thanks for the clue. I will get on it. I hope to start back doing some work on this project next week. Again I appreciate the help.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

Hello Neik...

Attached below is a simple test script to see if it will sign-on to your server. In the HTML you will have to enter in your user-id and your password and your servers IP address. Let me know if it works. If it does then I can add it to the tool.

Vic

index.html

VicMoore

I am rewriting the TAG Tool to clean up the code and simplify it.

Did anyone that downloaded the test remote login code get it to work?

Vic

19 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I am rewriting the TAG Tool to clean up the code and simplify it.

Did anyone that downloaded the test remote login code get it to work?

Vic

I had only a quick shot at it and couldn't login but I can see on the server dashboard the login failing - before this release I didn't even get a error message -, so the connection seems to be established.

I need to check further it I can get it to work. Maybe there just a typo in the password I entered.

VicMoore

Good morning Niek...

Attached is new code that should work on your system. The code is a rewrite of the Tag Tool. Now it's simpler and easier to expand and understand. Let me know if it works for you.

Be sure to enter your password and username into the html.

If anyone else tries this code, please let me know if it works.

Vic

index.html