A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Have you tried just using your FQDN and port in the config ?

At the end of the day, this is just passing API requests over the wire - so it should work over a WAN/HTTPS ?

Yes, I have. I am putting my domain+port (https://domain:port/emby/) and the api-key.
I don't why but it doesn't work for me.

rbjtech
16 hours ago, neik said:

Yes, I have. I am putting my domain+port (https://domain:port/emby/) and the api-key.
I don't why but it doesn't work for me.

You are absolutely correct - it doesn't work for me either now I've realised what you are trying to do (external HTTPS access) .. sorry !

I've only ever used this on the LAN - ie the local address over http - never over https.  

I think it may have something to do with the API key not having sufficient rights to login remotely - which is a good thing tbh.

If I could use just an API key to get access to my server remotely, I would be very concerned ... 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

You are absolutely correct - it doesn't work for me either now I've realised what you are trying to do (external HTTPS access) .. sorry !

I've only ever used this on the LAN - ie the local address over http - never over https.  

I think it may have something to do with the API key not having sufficient rights to login remotely - which is a good thing tbh.

If I could use just an API key to get access to my server remotely, I would be very concerned ... 

Thanks for the explanation!

So, if I got it right then instead of using an API key only (which is fine when local) the tool would need some sort of "real" authentication with user+pw in order to be authorized in running those API calls, right?

rbjtech
1 minute ago, neik said:

Thanks for the explanation!

So, if I got it right then instead of using an API key only (which is fine when local) the tool would need some sort of "real" authentication with user+pw in order to be authorized in running those API calls, right?

One of the Dev's would need to confirm but yes I believe that to be true :)

pünktchen
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Then you should be very concerned now!

• Haha 2

horstepipe

I‘m wondering, could that tool being used to auto fetch list from Trakt or IMDb to tag specific movies (eg academy award winners)?

VicMoore

I would change the access for remote servers if I knew how. Tell me what to do and I will change it. Remember that I am not a professional. I am just a guy that knows a little about javascript and jQuery. I learned some of the Emby API through trial and error. I admit it was fun and I enjoyed learning. So point me in the right direction and I will try and implement what you want.

I appreciate all of your comments and suggestions. They have all greatly improved the tool.

Vic

• Like 2

VicMoore

Hello LongMan...

It looks like the problem is loading hls.js 

I will try and simulate the problem.

Try the code below. Be sure to open the HTML and change the server IP address and add your own API key. These are both at the top of the HTML.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-25a.html

@VicMoore Thanks for responding. I am getting the same error with the new file.

It shows My server Name, Version and Address correctly. However the Select User  object has no option available.

VicMoore

I will create a zip file with the resources that the tool loads from a CDN, Then you can load them locally. That should fix your problem. I can't do this until tomorrow.

Vic

VicMoore

Hello LongMan... 

I had a few minutes so I uploaded the script files for you. Unzip the attached file into the same folder where you have the HTML file for the tool. Then change the HTML for the tool as shown below. You are just commenting out the HTML that loads resources from a CDN and uncommenting HTML that will load the resources from the folder "scripts." If you have any trouble just let me know. Not all of the files in the scripts folder are used.

Vic

image.png.cd98658fe05d747a5a518e84ae979661.png

scripts.zip

VicMoore

Hello again LongMan...

Don't make the changes above. The problem is in the user api, not in fetching the scripts.  The attached code below will allow you to look at the emby users for your server. Run the code then press F12 and the console will come up. Then you can open the event and see the users. I can walk you through it if you need the help.  The problem is that the API is not giving me the user names properly. Once I know what it is doing then I can fix it.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-25b.html

VicMoore

LongMan, below is what you should see on the console, except your user names will be shown rather than mine.

image.png.f3822907aabe15520443faf057834837.png

VicMoore

Good morning LongMan...

So far I have not been able to duplicate your problem. I am starting to wonder if the problem might be your browser.  I have only tested this software on Chrome and Edge, running on windows 10. 

By the way, the error message you are getting should not have any effect on the tools operation. The problem is that your user names are not appearing in the pulldown list.

Vic

Good Morning,

Thanks again for looking into this. I have have tried three browsers, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. They all show the same thing.

It could be that I don't understand how to use it. I replace the included address and API key and double click ion the file and it opens in Firefox.

It looks the same as the picture in the link except that it contains my server info.

VicMoore

LongMan, what did you find on the browser console? Did it list any names? What is in the Big box at the top pf the tool? Can you send me a picture?

Vic

VicMoore

Attached below is the latest code.  Let me know if you need help.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Yarafie, I made a mistake, the latest code is below. I was too quick with the mouse and sent the note before reading it.

Be sure to edit the top of the HTML and change the server address and the Emby API key to your own.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-25c.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

Cookie “” has been rejected as third-party. hls.js@latest
HTTP “Content-Type” of “text/html” is not supported. Load of media resource file:///C:/Users/LongMan/Downloads/emby-tag-tool-25c.html# failed. emby-tag-tool-25c.html
All candidate resources failed to load. Media load paused. emby-tag-tool-25c.html
Error in parsing value for ‘width’.  Declaration dropped. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:359:24
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’.  Error in parsing value for ‘filter’.  Declaration dropped. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:633:18
Expected declaration but found ‘=’.  Skipped to next declaration. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:641:15
Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/hls.js@latest
Source Map URL: hls.min.js.map

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Cookie “” has been rejected as third-party. hls.js@latest
HTTP “Content-Type” of “text/html” is not supported. Load of media resource file:///C:/Users/LongMan/Downloads/emby-tag-tool-25c.html# failed. emby-tag-tool-25c.html
All candidate resources failed to load. Media load paused. emby-tag-tool-25c.html
Error in parsing value for ‘width’.  Declaration dropped. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:359:24
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’.  Error in parsing value for ‘filter’.  Declaration dropped. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:633:18
Expected declaration but found ‘=’.  Skipped to next declaration. emby-tag-tool-25c.html:641:15
Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/hls.js@latest
Source Map URL: hls.min.js.map

What browser?  

Only things I see in my console is warning.  But has no effect on displaying my libraries.

FF

image.thumb.png.0a1ef4e66e7fa0fdba85b31627ec0c60.png

Edge/Chrome

image.thumb.png.ddcc938df1c25a271639f924520fd264.png

VicMoore

LongMan, are you using Chrome or Edge? Can you send me a screen shot So I can see what is going on. I need more information to determine how to help you.

Make sure you are using the code below. 

Vic

emby-tag-tool-25c.html

Edited by VicMoore