A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Neik...

From the image I see that you did not select a user. You must do so for the tool to know which emby files that you want to tag. select a user from the pull down list and let me know if this fixes your problem.

Vic

But it also shows a undefined Server Address.  So I am guessing something with "I added my domain".

VicMoore

Mbarylski give this code a try.  Just dont try to play the content in the tv guide. It want hurt anything. It just want work.  Let me know if you see the TV Guide and can tag channels.

vic

emby-tag-tool-23-e.html

44 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Mbarylski give this code a try.  Just dont try to play the content in the tv guide. It want hurt anything. It just want work.  Let me know if you see the TV Guide and can tag channels.

Thanks, it works! Since it shows up as a guide it's a big slow and a little challenging to select the channels to tag, but it works. It would be easier if it was a sortable list or grid that could be sorted by number or channel name. It works though, and that's what's important. 😁

VicMoore

What type of computer are you using? I have an i3 with 4GB of memory and a 2TB SSD. The guide takes about 30 seconds to load 30 channels. I bet you have lots of channels.  The guide is for 2 weeks.  I could fix it so that less info is fetched. I am curious as to how many channels you have and how long does it take to load? Also, when you mouse over a channel name is there a delay? Where are the delays that you mentioned? I may be able to optimize things to improve your performance.

Vic

P.S.  could you explain to me the value of tagging channels. How are the tags used?  I have no experience in this area.

7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Neik...

From the image I see that you did not select a user. You must do so for the tool to know which emby files that you want to tag. select a user from the pull down list and let me know if this fixes your problem.

Vic

Well, the issue is the drop-down list doesn't show any of the available users on the server.
As I was using SSL I thought this might be issue and therefore I built a SSH-Tunnel and used non-ssl localhost:8096 but the results is the same.
Tried this on Google Chrome + Microsoft Edge.

Happy2Play
27 minutes ago, neik said:

Well, the issue is the drop-down list doesn't show any of the available users on the server.
As I was using SSL I thought this might be issue and therefore I built a SSH-Tunnel and used non-ssl localhost:8096 but the results is the same.
Tried this on Google Chrome + Microsoft Edge.

Only way I have gotten it to work is (localhost:port, LANIP:port, hostname:port)

rbjtech
12 hours ago, neik said:

@VicMoore, first things first: Thanks for your work on this tool.

I meant to give it a go long time ago but unfortunately just got to it today.
I added my domain + (freshly generated) api key to the config and opened the html file but no matter what I try, there isn't really much I can do - see screenshot.
Am I missing anything in the setup?

image.thumb.png.657872cd8cfc6ca7e224ae4a73e5beb0.png

Server Address = undefined

It is not aware of your local server.

In the html itself - you need to add your LOCAL IP information (unless you use a LOCAL DNS server, in which can a DNS will also work fine) - Do not put your external FQDN in here ..

// Enter the URL for your emby server on your local LAN
        var emby_url = "http://LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS_GOES_HERE:8096/emby/";

17 hours ago, VicMoore said:

What type of computer are you using? I have an i3 with 4GB of memory and a 2TB SSD. The guide takes about 30 seconds to load 30 channels. I bet you have lots of channels.  The guide is for 2 weeks.  I could fix it so that less info is fetched. I am curious as to how many channels you have and how long does it take to load? Also, when you mouse over a channel name is there a delay? Where are the delays that you mentioned? I may be able to optimize things to improve your performance.

Yes, I have a ton of channels...200+ because I have a CableCard in my tuner. My PC is definitely powerful enough, but loading the guide for 200+ channels takes time. The guide isn't needed. Just the list of channels is so I'm sure it would be MUCH faster if you just made it a list rather than showing what was airing on each channel. 

17 hours ago, VicMoore said:

P.S.  could you explain to me the value of tagging channels. How are the tags used?  I have no experience in this area.

So far I've only added 2 tags: 4k for my 4k channels and Music for my music channels. There isn't any other filter available to provide those groupings. I play to add more like Kids, Sports, etc, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

VicMoore

OK, I can create a channel list for you.  For my own knowledge, does the Guide  populate properly? If you click a movie or tv show does the meta data for the clicked item appear above the TV guide? And last, if you click the picture in the meta data above the guide does it play?  These questions will tell me what meta data Emby is adding to the items in your guide.

vic

22 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

OK, I can create a channel list for you.

Thank you! 😁

For my own knowledge, does the Guide  populate properly? If you click a movie or tv show does the meta data for the clicked item appear above the TV guide?

Yes and yes

And last, if you click the picture in the meta data above the guide does it play?

No, it looks like it's trying, but it never plays.

image.png.cb957e419c8c8a44b2a8b3e9012e225a.png

VicMoore

Thanks, that's what I expected would happen.  I will add a check box that lets you pick either an EPG display or a channels display.  I will work on it tomorrow.

Vic

4 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Thanks, that's what I expected would happen.  I will add a check box that lets you pick either an EPG display or a channels display.  I will work on it tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks!!

VicMoore

Good morning mbarylski...

Try the attached code. It should be very fast. But, remember I have no way of testing the code for your setup. I have not had time to add a checkbox so this version is hardwired for your needs. Let me know if it works.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-24.html

15 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning mbarylski...

Try the attached code. It should be very fast. But, remember I have no way of testing the code for your setup. I have not had time to add a checkbox so this version is hardwired for your needs. Let me know if it works.

emby-tag-tool-24.html 157.62 kB · 0 downloads

Wow, thanks, it works awesome!!! EXTREMELY fast and very easy to select multiple channels. Thank you sooooo much!! 😁

VicMoore

Great....

Let me know if you find bugs.  I will add a checkbox where you can select either the channel view or the EPG view.  The EPG view will be the default.  So remember to click the checkbox to turn the channel view on. I will get to this in a few days.

I am glad that you like the results.

Vic

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Let me know if you find bugs.  I will add a checkbox where you can select either the channel view or the EPG view.  The EPG view will be the default.  So remember to click the checkbox to turn the channel view on. I will get to this in a few days.

Got it, thanks!

VicMoore

Attached is the latest code. It includes a checkbox that lets you select between a channels view and a TV guide view.  In both you can tag and select channels just like you do for movies and tv shows. You can even do both at the same time. This feature works for both live TV sources and virtualTV (see the virtualTV plugin, it's fantastic).

Vic

emby-tag-tool-25.html

On 8/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, VicMoore said:

I will look into selecting folders for Photos.

Any luck getting the ability to select folders added?

VicMoore

mbarylski, I don't know what "select folders added" means.  Can you explain it to me; what it is and what you want me to do?

Vic

17 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

mbarylski, I don't know what "select folders added" means.  Can you explain it to me; what it is and what you want me to do?

Yes, sorry, I was going back to an old post. For Photos there's currently no way to multi-select folders. I'd like to be able to select multiple folders within a Photos library so I can tag all the folders. Right now I can only tag individual photos and the lowest nested folder. Does that help?

@VicMoore I came up with another request. Your tool works so well I keep thinking of more! 😁 Is it possible to select series recordings to tag? It would be cool if I could tag my recordings so they can be grouped by categories like Sitcom, Kids, Action, etc.

image.thumb.png.bfde3a55e5b7c6decf84df4dc7ec06a2.png

On 9/12/2021 at 11:11 AM, Happy2Play said:

Only way I have gotten it to work is (localhost:port, LANIP:port, hostname:port)

Thank you!

@VicMoore, any plans on making this working for remote servers as well?

rbjtech
20 hours ago, neik said:

Thank you!

@VicMoore, any plans on making this working for remote servers as well?

Have you tried just using your FQDN and port in the config ?

At the end of the day, this is just passing API requests over the wire - so it should work over a WAN/HTTPS ?

Edited by rbjtech