A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Nico1320
9 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

That's exactly what I need it for...tagging the channels.

Welp. I'm a noob. When I click live tv it doesn't do anything.

VicMoore

I have not added liveTV yet because you can't tag the channels.  For completeness I am writing a liveTV client. It's low priority because I have other things to do.

Did the tool work OK for you for tagging movies and TV series?

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

Good morning Nico1320...

Yes this tool was specifically designed for tagging virtualTV channels.   It started as a means for teaching myself the Emby APIs.

Vic

• Like 1

rbjtech

Ah I see you have fixed the comma separated tag issue - on a previous version, a csv list was created as a single tag.  Latest version creates then separately - perfect :) 

I'm wondering how to launch this from within emby itself - as I'm currently using a local HTML file which while it works, is not very portable..

Fantastic work on all these updates !  :)

VicMoore

Good morning rbjtech...

The one HTML file that you have is the complete tool. It contains HTML, CSS, JavaScript and jQuery.  I dont think you can launch it from within Emby.  That's something the Emby programmers would have to allow you to do. As for portability.  The HTML file is very portable.

By the way, thanks for your kind words...   After this post I will be posting a new version of the tool that lets you sort movies and TV series.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Attached below is the latest code for the tool.  I added the ability to sort your movies and TV series for tagging.  I also added more info in the header.  I use this info with Swagger to learn the Emby API's.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-19.html

• Like 1

Nico1320

Hello Vic, I don't have anything in my library yet, I'm just testing Emby out for Xteve/IPTV purposes. Judging by the other commenters, i can imagine your tool works perfectly. 

VicMoore

Attached is an update to the tag tool. I added liveTV.  Now when you click the liveTV library it will open with a TV Guide. This is the same TV guide that you created with virtualTV. The guide covers up to 2 weeks of data. If you click  on an item it will play.

I am not finished yet. I still need to add the time ruler and other things. Let me know if it works for you.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-21-d.html

rbjtech

Hi @VicMoore

I use this tool to tag all my 4K library but frequently forget to hit CTRL to highlight items and thus it attempts to play the 4K item, killing my servers as it then needs to transcode.  I can stop it of course, but it's just a niggle.   

Is there a way to easily remove the playback and/or swap around the functions - so a normal click is 'select' and CTRL is 'Play' for example ?

Thanks.

• Agree 1

VicMoore

Good morning rbjtech - yes I can add a checkbox to allow you to switch the functions.

Also, I have attached the latest code below.  It corrects a few bugs in LiveTV.   Now when you click the LiveTV library it will open with the TV guide created by VirtualTV.  It lets you see the content of the channels that you have created with your tags.  I added this just to learn how to do it 🙂

Vic

emby-tag-tool-22.html

• Like 1

VicMoore

Good morning rbjtech 

I added a checkbox that changes the behavior when you click something that can be played. It will now select the item if the checkbox is clicked. Let me know if this satisfies what you need.

I also mad a few bug changes.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-22.html

rbjtech
30 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning rbjtech 

I added a checkbox that changes the behavior when you click something that can be played. It will now select the item if the checkbox is clicked. Let me know if this satisfies what you need.

I also mad a few bug changes.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-22.html 137.04 kB · 0 downloads

wow - that was quick - let me test it now .. 😲

That works wonderfully - It's a shame it doesn't keep the setting but I can handle ticking it once before using the tool 👍

I may just set it as the default in the HTML if it's easy enough to modify ..

edit..

var switchCtl = true

hmm - though this may have set it to be switched by default but doesn't appear to - a bit more digging required ...

Edited by rbjtech

VicMoore

just search for the places that set switchCtl=false and set then to true.   Have fun changing the code.  Let me know if you need anything explained.

Vic

VicMoore

Attached is the latest code.  I cleaned it up a bit and fixed a few things concerning liveTV. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-23.html

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Related to a post in another thread:

could you add support for Photos as well (if not already)? Don't use it myself, but I would assume that is "Home videos & photos" type library? 

• Agree 1

VicMoore

good morning GrimReaper76

It should work for photos just fine. On my server it works. I don't have it set up to tag photos, but I will add that if you need it. It would only take a few minutes.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

The changed code is attached.  Now you can tag one or more photos.  Test it out and let me know if you have any problems.  I hope that you also noticed a new checkbox that allows you to change how the ctl key works for tagging. If you check the box then just clicking on an item will select it unless the item is a folder or season. 

Vic

emby-tag-tool-23.html

• Like 1

MBSki
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

The changed code is attached.  Now you can tag one or more photos.  Test it out and let me know if you have any problems.  I hope that you also noticed a new checkbox that allows you to change how the ctl key works for tagging. If you check the box then just clicking on an item will select it unless the item is a folder or season. 

Vic

emby-tag-tool-23.html 140.17 kB · 1 download

Thanks Vic! Is there anyway to tag an entire library or maybe a folder of photos instead of tagging every individual photo?

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

I hope that you also noticed a new checkbox that allows you to change how the ctl key works for tagging. If you check the box then just clicking on an item will select it unless the item is a folder or season. 

Yup, and if you remember inverting the selection was the first or second thing I ever suggested. 😉

Great stuff. 👍

GrimReaper
34 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Thanks Vic! Is there anyway to tag an entire library or maybe a folder of photos instead of tagging every individual photo?

Maybe a "Select All" toolbar button once inside any library/folder? 

VicMoore

There is a select all button now.  What does it not do that you want done?

Vic

VicMoore

Sorry, I see what you were saying now. I forgot to add the select all button on the photo screen.  I just added it. Let me know how it works.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-23.html

VicMoore

Yes GrinReaper76 you are responsible for that addition and many more.  You have helped to improve this tool greatly.

Vic

• Like 1