A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

GrimReaper

Works like a charm. And it's even text-sensitive once list is pulled down, great. 👍

VicMoore

Thanks for the kind words. The suggestions from everyone have made the tool much better.  

I fixed a few things that broke while I was adding code.  My to do list is now empty 🙂 

Vic

emby-tag-tool-14.html

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Well then, here's another for the "to-do" list. 😉

Far from it being a rule, but happening often enough to get noticed: for some items - it applies both to the tags and genres - they don't render properly, i.e. continue offscreen, outside the box, either they get cut-off or sometimes whole words end up offscreen. Few examples attached.  

72345712_Screenshot2021-07-13182545.png.3f77a8222183a5ec790eaa030e38217d.png

1467611272_Screenshot2021-07-13182233.png.6db116ab25bfaf529eb032772feeb2fb.png

921354080_Screenshot2021-07-13182320.png.035538d1dc6155f017e8dc4938a8b854.png

912329488_Screenshot2021-07-13182455.png.a75df0af355b5adb8e104c5d532f6efa.png

VicMoore

That may be happening because the text lacks spaces so the lines can be broken up. I will work on it. Thanks for noticing the problem. You have sharp eyes.

Vic

GrimReaper

Yup, that did the trick, space after comma. Can't find any rogue items. Well done. 👍

GrimReaper

Minor observation, but why are TV Show libraries squared/flattened against Movie libraries normal ratioed posters? 

1230059787_Screenshot2021-07-13211446.thumb.png.8f121fe48ada0508bcd31d4b0378a595.png

882846731_Screenshot2021-07-13211426.thumb.png.fe8b647908e1ea254844051e041b3f82.png

Edited by GrimReaper76

GrimReaper

I'd prefer them uniformed across all libraries, to a standard poster aspect ratio, roughly 1:1.5 (2:3, for the puritans), but that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by GrimReaper76

jblaze12

Ok, how about....a list view instead of pictures? Reason I ask is because when I'm going through lots of movies it'd be awesome to have check boxes.

Happy2Play
Just now, jblaze12 said:

Ok, how about....a list view instead of pictures? Reason I ask is because when I'm going through lots of movies it'd be awesome to have check boxes.

How would check boxes be any different then the ctrl-click?

jblaze12
14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

How would check boxes be any different then the ctrl-click?

If 800 movies were in a list with a checkbox next to each one it'd be a lot easier to tag faster (as opposed to scrolling down many, many times while holding down the ctrl button). It'd be even more awesome if the list had categories for genre and tag.

VicMoore

Attached below is the latest update to the tool. I added two buttons. One to mark the selected files as played and another to mark them as not played.  I also removed from the code all of the code that I commented out during various experiments.

Jblaze12, the GUI that you are suggesting would require rewriting how pages are composed. This would be a big deal. It's a good idea but for now I don't have the time to do it. 

Vic

emby-tag-tool-16.html

VicMoore

I forgot to mention that I changed some background colors. I will list all of the colors below for completeness.

Folder names have a brown background

Tags have a red background

Genres have a green background

All buttons have a blue background with a light blue hover color

VicMoore

I added [P] and [NP] to the titles of videos to show if they have been played or not.  I also turned off debugging. The tool should be faster now.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-17.html

GrimReaper

Tbh, not a fan of [P] and [NP] in the title, seems invasive (or is it intrusive? pardon my english). Could you somehow make that optional, for those that want to use that function?

Edit: Or make another line below green Genre (maybe yellow? light blue?) for Played/Unplayed status?

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

VicMoore

Yes, I understand.  I plan to make it a badge on the image. So the [P] and [NP] are just for testing.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

OK GrimReaper76...

I liked your idea of changing background colors.  Now the title has a yellow background if it has already been played.  It's white otherwise.  Does this work for you?

Vic

emby-tag-tool-17.html

jblaze12
7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Attached below is the latest update to the tool. I added two buttons. One to mark the selected files as played and another to mark them as not played.  I also removed from the code all of the code that I commented out during various experiments.

Jblaze12, the GUI that you are suggesting would require rewriting how pages are composed. This would be a big deal. It's a good idea but for now I don't have the time to do it. 

Vic

emby-tag-tool-16.html 102.46 kB · 1 download

No problemo, just thought I'd ask. I appreciate the work as it is now.

MBSki
25 minutes ago, Nico1320 said:

Would this ever work for Live TV tags?

That's exactly what I need it for...tagging the channels.