A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Happy2Play

I am just testing but v5 I still can not open types listed previously.

I can only open Movies, TV, Music, Audiobooks.

Can not open Music Videos, Mixed Content, Books, Playlists, (plugin libraries).

VicMoore

Good morning Happy2Play...

I will test Music Videos and Mixed content. If they don't open then I will fix them. For books (I assume these are e-books) and Playlists and plugin libraries I have no experience with these kinds of libraries. Before I can fix them I will have to learn more about them.

Attached is a version of the tool with a number of GUI updates.  They are all in preparation for adding virtualTV to the tool.

Let me know if you like the changes.

Vic 

emby-tag-tool-06.html

VicMoore

I fixed music videos. And "playlist" display OK, but I don't yet know how to play them or how to tell Emby to play them.  I am working on it 🙂  If you can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  All I can do now is to list the playlist.   Another point is that I am not sure how to handle books (meaning e-books I think). Do you want to read them or just see the covers?  Does Emby have a type for e-books?  Thanks for your help.

vic

emby-tag-tool-07.html

GrimReaper

While I understand the intention behind certain UI choices, for some of us it might not be as user-friendly. 😂

screencapture-2021-07-12-12_30_09.thumb.png.5ae214f6dd3bb75fa12cdb04cb5d3bfc.png

https://imgur.com/a/0iqdJ5j

Maybe the "Show all tags" field could be hidden behind a button? Or, at least, alpha-picker?

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append
  • Agree 1

VicMoore

I added the ability to edit genres just like you edit tags.  When you select items the Tag menu will appear as usual, but now on the top line there is an "edit genres" button. Click on it and the edit genre menu will appear.

I have only done a few tests so it's up to you to test this feature 🙂 Let me know your results or suggested improvements.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-08.html

• Like 1

VicMoore

Hello GrimReapper76...

Are all those lines in the image TAGS ?   Would it help if I limited the number of tags listed?  Suggestions?

Vic

VicMoore

I guess the checkbox idea was a bad one.  I will remove it today.

Vic

VicMoore

OK I removed the check boxes...    Thanks for pointing this problem out.   I have only a few tags and didn't appreciate properly your problem.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-09.html

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Sorry Happy2Play

I got you mixed up with someone else that requested the ability to edit Genres as well as Tags.

Vic

Happy2Play

Not a big deal to me but still can't open Mixed content type library or Books.  Emby only Catalogs eBooks at this time though.

jblaze12
7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I added the ability to edit genres just like you edit tags.  When you select items the Tag menu will appear as usual, but now on the top line there is an "edit genres" button. Click on it and the edit genre menu will appear.

I have only done a few tests so it's up to you to test this feature 🙂 Let me know your results or suggested improvements.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-08.html 105.44 kB · 0 downloads

Wow thanks! I'm testing now!

-edit

Works very well! Of course, another request...in the case of deleting and adding genres to multiple videos is it possible to keep the editor in genre mode? When I change anything in genre, it defaults back to tags.

Edited by jblaze12

VicMoore

Hello Happy2Play....

I don't think I actually have any mixed content. I have home video libraries and I have photo libraries but not mixed together.  Is this what you mean when you say mixed content? I will fix it for you when I figure out what it is 🙂  I am new to this stuff so be kind.

Vic

VicMoore

I have created a mixed content library with videos and books.  When the build finishes I will figure out what's going on and fix it.

Vic

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Happy2Play....

I don't think I actually have any mixed content. I have home video libraries and I have photo libraries but not mixed together.  Is this what you mean when you say mixed content? I will fix it for you when I figure out what it is 🙂  I am new to this stuff so be kind.

Vic

No Mixed Content type is having Movie and TV in this library type.  So you need to look at all available content types you can make in Dashboard-Library.

VicMoore

Hello Happy2Play....

I just checked mixed content and it now works.  I also tried books and it may be working. It did open but I don't have any e-books. Let me know if things work.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-12.html

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Tested and Mix Content is working.  Book will open but unable to select and tag.

@VicMoore here is a test book it you need one.

test.zip

GrimReaper

Great stuff, @VicMoore

Another UI adjustment query: could the "Show Tags Found" dropdown be sorted alphabetically? 

Untitled.thumb.png.2ffc83bdf3edae2b800289a43cdcb4c2.png

VicMoore

OK, the "show Tags Found"  pull down list is now sorted.  I just did a simple test. I don't have many tags.  If it works for you then it must be OK because you have thousands of tags 🙂  

Vic

emby-tag-tool-13.html

• Like 1