The "settings" icon is not responsive for Live TV content in the iOS client, and several bugs

tonyliangli

tonyliangli

Hi, 

I would like to report a few issues I found on the iOS client.

The "settings" icon and a bunch of other icons are not responsive when playing Live TV from the emby iOS client. It feels like the touch area is incorrect. When you touch the "gear" icon, is just hides the shade. You need to try many times to successfully open the "settings" menu. It's also very difficult to "touch" on the settings menu. Like when you click the video info, the menu just dissapears. Everything's fine for playing movies and shows.

Meanwhile, I would like to report a few other bugs of the iOS client:

• The "Logs" button has no response in the "settings" menu.
  • The metadata manager is empty on the iPhone, but not on the iPad. It's probably related to the responsive webpage, since I debugged the metadata manager page on PC with responsive mode in Chrome, when down sizing the page to a certain degree, the left side menu will disappear and everything's empy.
  • The timeline is not moving for some movies, it always shows "00:00". When this happens, the movie cannot be fast-forwarded. You cannot drag the timeline either. (Update: I found that this happens when the movie is playing transcoded. When the timeline is not moving, nothing can be shown from the video info. After around 30 to 40 seconds, the video info shows normally then the timeline works fine. But each time I drage the timeline, the transcoding starts over again and the timeline stops moving again. All I can do is wait.)
  • The dot on the timeline keeps moving for Live TV. When you accidentally touched fastfoward for 10 seconds, the Live TV hangs (Of course because you can't play future content). You have to manually touch the rewind icon several times to play the Live TV again, which depends on how many times you touched the fast-forward icon.

Please take a look at these issues. Thanks!

Edited by tonyliangli

pwhodges

I have reported the touch problems before, and had no response. 

An additional symptom I've observed is that often when it appears not to respond to touching the cog, the menu will appear after a delay - typically just as I try something else, so I lose it again.  It's almost as if it is only the next action that enables it to appear for some reason.

Paul

• The metadata manager is empty on the iPhone, but not on the iPad. It's probably related to the responsive webpage, since I debugged the metadata manager page on PC with responsive mode in Chrome, when down sizing the page to a certain degree, the left side menu will disappear and everything's empy.

I'll make the sidebar visible at lower resolutions to resolve this. It's a quick fix but it's still not going to be a layout that is user friendly for small screens when the sidebar is taking up a good amount of it. Something better will have to wait until we're able to rethink the whole design for it.

tonyliangli
6 hours ago, Luke said:

I'll make the sidebar visible at lower resolutions to resolve this. It's a quick fix but it's still not going to be a layout that is user friendly for small screens when the sidebar is taking up a good amount of it. Something better will have to wait until we're able to rethink the whole design for it.

Thanks for the reply.