Play Queue Weirdness When Casting On Secure Connection

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

Just to clarify, it's still an issue casting to my Google Home devices (and possibly other things).  I imagine that just confirmed it's not an issue related to the same mechanisms that apply to casting between browsers, right?

Edited by Dreakon13

Dreakon13
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still running into this?

Yes... it seems to be an issue with casting to certain devices/apps, and as far as I can tell there haven't been any updates to Emby that would address it.

Seeing as we have an Emby support rep in the thread confirming they can recreate the issue and it's not necessarily specific to my setup, there could probably be something looked at on the development side of things at this point, right?

Edited by Dreakon13

• 2 weeks later...
pir8radio
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you tried this again?

i just tested and i am still seeing this...   you can recreate by using my server if you like, just chromecast to a local device at your place,  pick an album, play, then try to move items around in the playlist.   I just tested using chrome desktop win10 and native ios emby app.. seeing this issue on both.     

Dreakon13
On 9/30/2021 at 4:59 PM, Luke said:

Have you tried this again?

Not trying to be snarky, but what are you looking for/expecting to change exactly?

EDIT: Are you asking because of beta releases?  Because I've just been using 4.6.4

Edited by Dreakon13

• 2 weeks later...
pir8radio
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you tried the latest beta?

Just tested on 4.7.0.14 and no change.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
Dreakon13
On 11/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, Luke said:

Can you please try with the .17 beta? Thanks.

Still an issue for me on 4.7.0.17, I'm afraid.  Thanks for the follow up!

• 1 month later...
Dreakon13

@Luke Whoa, it's working on 4.7.0.19.  It even seems to be fixed on the Android app (and I can even remove items from the Queue now, click items in the Queue to jump to them without clearing the Queue, and other issues I was having with the Android interface).  I dunno what you changed but that's awesome, thank you so much!

Edited by Dreakon13

Dreakon13

Once again, just want to thank you for fixing this issue.  It's much improved and Emby is so much more usable now for casting music around my house.

That being said there's still some quirks with casting music via Chromecast I'd like to report... for example...

This is coming from a playlist with 344 songs.  Smaller playlists work, so I'm guessing it may be some sort of issue with the amount of items being sent to my Google Home device?  (Perhaps a more practical example, I'm also having issues Shuffling my entire music/song library.)

If I just "Play" the giant playlist, I can get into the queue screen but the queue isn't there:

image.thumb.png.6761a8a132ef1b3f47664fd89e5a8447.png

If I "Shuffle" the queue, I don't even get the bar at the bottom so I couldn't view the queue if I wanted to:

image.thumb.png.643ddcd42ab8f1cbeee638c56b860a87.png

Generally speaking this all works with normal playback.  Seems to be an issue with Chromecast.  I'd like to avoid posting the log to avoid exposing info on my setup, but I saved it if someone happens to see this and would like me to PM it.

EDIT: I copied the playlist and trimmed the test one down to 200 songs and it's working fine.  So I guess I'm hitting some sort of limit.  I can probably work with this, though I do like the idea of Shuffling my entire library (get hit by some really random songs and deep cuts on slow work days) that probably isn't as easy to work around on my end.

EDIT 2: Seems like it started working around 250-260 items.  If there is some sort of limit of how much media I can cast at any given time, maybe Emby could just cap the queue at 250 when casting to Chromecast even if there's technically more in the playlist?  I probably wouldn't notice that the queue only has 250 items in it lol, as long as it works.

Edited by Dreakon13