related series do not access the same image information as the main entry

D1sk

Hello together

I noticed when I have a series per series a separate folder that Emby then can not access the image information as with Main entry.
As an example. I have chosen the series Date a live.
About the main search I find for each season the corresponding logo.
However, I can only add the only and if I go over the season images search, the system no longer falls back to the main information but I can pull from it just as images and logos.

The same is with the backdrops per series is a backdrop folder with a video stored, but only the backdrop that was added last is played. If I click on the different season the video starts again but as mentioned always only the last added and not per season.

Did I forget to set anything?

I can only add the only

Hi, what do you mean by this exactly?

and if I go over the season images search, the system no longer falls back to the main information

What do you mean by this?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

What do you mean by this?

I mean that when I capture a series I enter thetvdb Id and the system crawls me all the information and images to it. However, this works only directly on the series itself. If I go to e.g. season 2 and search there for images then I am no longer the possible available images displayed, Respectively nothing is found because the search has no connection to the main series entry. The system does not know that season 2 can display the same image information to install as the main series.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by this exactly?

That's correct, I just wanted to say that the series would have a logo for each season. However, this is only displayed in the main image search, but not on the season images search.

Sorry I'm still not understanding. In your screenshot above it looks like each of the seasons have images, right?

17 hours ago, Luke said:

Sorry I'm still not understanding. In your screenshot above it looks like each of the seasons have images, right?

Yes, because this logo is stored in the main series, it is also displayed on each season page. If I of course manually upload a logo at a season then this is displayed.
However, what I want to say that when I scan the season for images. The system has no connection to the IDs that are stored in the main series. For this reason the system does not find anything on the season search. So you can't store logos and backgrounds etc. by scanning the seasons.

Happy2Play

Per your video there is no such thing as a Season level logo\backdrop and there is no provider (ie FanArt.tv) that has logos/backdrops for anything besides Series level.

Season view inherits logo and backdrop from Series level.

But yes you can manually apply backdrops and logo to season level if you like but the will not come from any provider automatically as they don't exist.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Per your video there is no such thing as a Season level logo\backdrop and there is no provider (ie FanArt.tv) that has logos/backdrops for anything besides Series level.

Season view inherits logo and backdrop from Series level.

But yes you can manually apply backdrops and logo to season level if you like but the will not come from any provider automatically as they don't exist.

Thanks, but why doesn't the search index for images in the season just fall back to the IDs from the main series and use that? Because there are a lot of images, banners and logos that you could use for the other seasons.

2 hours ago, D1sk said:

Thanks, but why doesn't the search index for images in the season just fall back to the IDs from the main series and use that? Because there are a lot of images, banners and logos that you could use for the other seasons.

I'm still not understanding what the problem is, because in your screenshot above, all of the seasons have images. What exactly is missing?

GrimReaper
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm still not understanding what the problem is

3 hours ago, D1sk said:

why doesn't the search index for images in the season just fall back to the IDs from the main series and use that

OP's query actually makes sense: image search from Season view to fallback to images shown when image search from Series view; In his example Logo search from Series view does return logos for seasons 2 and 3, however logo search from Season view does not.

Edited by GrimReaper76
Typos

There are no internet metadata providers that have logo images for seasons. Does that answer your question?

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

There are no internet metadata providers that have logo images for seasons. Does that answer your question?

True, hence his request to return logos shown when searching on SERIES level, as those are present there (fanart.tv for example bumps 'em all together).

Edit: Date a Live | TV fanart | fanart.tv

Edited by GrimReaper76
Link

I mean, I guess, but our apps already inherit logos automatically from Series to season to episode, so it's really not necessary to assign the same logo at the season level.

GrimReaper

I believe that's sufficient for most of us users, but I suppose that's his thing and he would like different logo per season.

Edited by GrimReaper76

Deathsquirrel
6 hours ago, Luke said:

They do and they don't.  There is no metadata that says 'this logo is season 1, this one is season 2' but there are season-specific logos in the general logo sets.  I'd guess this mostly happens with anime.  I think the number of people that would actually load different logos for each season is pretty small, but if the opening the image editor from a season showed all the logos for the series someone could at least easily choose to do this if they wanted.

You can see in this screenshot logos for season 1, 2, and 3 of Date A Live are available when I look at the series level:

image.thumb.png.ee91ed3ec4cb0ec0a250cd8436f9cb77.png

Happy2Play

To me that would be improper HD CLEARLOGO but that is FanArt.tv's call.

They have a season level image options so if the uploader loaded them wrong Emby should not have to compensate.  According to what I see there is no such thing as Season logo or at least I did not see one on this example so all these images should be manually aquires as the UI is presenting proper images in my opinion.

Someone needs to talk to FanArt.tv to correct this issue and possibly add the category to Season level.

Edited by Happy2Play

Deathsquirrel
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

To me that would be improper HD CLEARLOGO but that is FanArt.tv's call.

They have a season level image options so if the uploader loaded them wrong Emby should not have to compensate.  According to what I see there is no such thing as Season logo or at least I did not see one on this example so all these images should be manually aquires as the UI is presenting proper images in my opinion.

Someone needs to talk to FanArt.tv to correct this issue and possibly add the category to Season level.

I'm probably one of the most obsessive folks around about my images used in Emby and honestly this is an area that makes zero sense to me to spend time on but the request wouldn't actually hurt anything.  That said, the image support is almost nonexistent, I don't think more than a handful f users care, and you can easily work around it by hand.  So not exactly a priority feature request to my mind.

Yes, that is so and it is not incredibly important. That the same images are shown at the season level for selection as at the series search level.

it is nice to have