Lock Images (Prevent Future Changes)

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

With recorded live tv, currently you can edit pretty much every aspect of metadata and images, just like you can with local media.
From my experience, the primary images will constantly update when a new show is added to a series.
I'd like the ability to change the primary image and lock it from being changed when the next show records.

Currently, the show "Mama's Family" pulls in a fanart with a simple image and logo. I am able to change it to a movie poster style image, but the next time an episode records, it reverts back to the image that it pulls down, which throws off my artwork being uniform.

Thanks for any tips to solutions, or consideration of the idea!

Hi, simply assign an image to the series and then it will not be overwritten.

atomicmoon
51 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, simply assign an image to the series and then it will not be overwritten.

Hey Luke,

I've done this multiple times, but each time a new episode is recorded, the primary artwork changes to a square fanart style image. This is happening with all episodes on a particular channel. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or just a default action Emby was taking which is why I opted to request a feature to manually lock them. 
I've just manually set the image to a poster style for the primary and will see what happens when the next episode is recorded and processed.

atomicmoon

2128845243_RecordedTVSample1Screenshot2021-07-07123626.jpg.52add915ba68b55e3e82abe8f0e12a67.jpg

1142285127_RecordedTVSample2Screenshot2021-07-07123709.jpg.39b1065c4401000fd5a0be8643a0b489.jpg566086869_RecordedTVSample3Screenshot2021-07-07133822.jpg.cab191b8681196747e88f408f2708b6c.jpg

These are taken in chronological order.

You can see in the episode counter the first two with 20 episodes in "The Facts of Life" I manually changed the image, but after it added two more episodes it reverted back the undesired artwork.

I've attached the log to see if that can help communicate what is happening, and hopefully this helps illustrate my situation.

TV Images embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke I've had this issue in the past as well but haven't tested on 4.6+.

I'm setting up a test right now.  I have:

eimage.png.504d378c65df41420380af94649be244.png 

I just changed Aerial America so it looks like

image.png.66ebe0c0a75360cb55dea4b620381e6f.png

I have an episode set to record at 9am so once finished I'll check to see what happened to the poster.

• Like 1

Didn't record as I already had the episode. :(

Made a change and have 3 episodes scheduled to record tomorrow, so I'll check back then.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

My graphics in those tests never changed after a couple of days of recording.  However, I lost a CPU fan on my main system so testing got aborted as I'm in the process of migrating my main system over to Synology while I wait for a new fan from China.

In the mean time I setup some testing on my test system this morning to keep testing this.  But so far it's been working for me as expected.

atomicmoon

Well bummer on my end, but thanks for testing it out.

My temp fix is just disabling DVR. Artwork can't change if it doesn't get a new source, lol!

koopa8840
8 minutes ago, atomicmoon said:

Well bummer on my end, but thanks for testing it out.

My temp fix is just disabling DVR. Artwork can't change if it doesn't get a new source, lol!

I experience the main Movie image, on the Home page, changing when a new item is added. I understand your frustration.

23 minutes ago, koopa8840 said:

I experience the main Movie image, on the Home page, changing when a new item is added. I understand your frustration.

Hi, what main movie image?

atomicmoon
1 minute ago, koopa8840 said:

The ones for the library, displayed on the Home page.

image.png

So, when new media is added, your media library image changes too? 
That's crazier than my issue, lol.

Sweet icons btw! ;)

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, koopa8840 said:

The ones for the library, displayed on the Home page.

image.png

Haven't had issues with custom My Media images, but that would suggest a issue with "\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default" folders as the custom image is stored in that library folder.

koopa8840
2 hours ago, atomicmoon said:

So, when new media is added, your media library image changes too? 
That's crazier than my issue, lol.

Sweet icons btw! ;)

It doesn't happen all the time, but also happens to playlists. Here is where the icons are.

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Haven't had issues with custom My Media images, but that would suggest a issue with "\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default" folders as the custom image is stored in that library folder.

Don't know. It's random and seldom, that I change the image back.

• Like 1