DSM 6 to DSM 7 Emby Migration Instructions

Carlo

FlavKprone

Hello team,

As I haven't done things carefully, I have updated the DSM to 7.1.x and reinstalled Emby community package without following your procedure. @Carlo

I understand that currently, there is a conflict between my old Emby instance and the new one that is running on something I am no longer able to update or control.

I have found the new Emby instance in /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer.

The point is I don't have /volume1/Emby folder (I used default path from previous installation). I found files in /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer but this not fits to your procedure.

From my point of view, the missing part is the copy command. As you mentionned on a post above "Not @appstore but @appdata", I don't know from where I should get the data to copy.

Could you please help me identifying files to delete / copy in order to be able to use the new Emby instance ?

image.png.a2aac5411d088912be54e0d93ad754dd.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 4:35 AM, FlavKprone said:

Hello team,

As I haven't done things carefully, I have updated the DSM to 7.1.x and reinstalled Emby community package without following your procedure. @Carlo

I understand that currently, there is a conflict between my old Emby instance and the new one that is running on something I am no longer able to update or control.

I have found the new Emby instance in /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer.

The point is I don't have /volume1/Emby folder (I used default path from previous installation). I found files in /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer but this not fits to your procedure.

From my point of view, the missing part is the copy command. As you mentionned on a post above "Not @appstore but @appdata", I don't know from where I should get the data to copy.

Could you please help me identifying files to delete / copy in order to be able to use the new Emby instance ?

image.png.a2aac5411d088912be54e0d93ad754dd.png

@FlavKpronewhat's underneath /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer ?

What version of Emby Server did you have before, do you know?

• 4 months later...
chongwho1

Hey Team,

Just wanted to say thank you very much for this guide!

I upgraded to DSM 7 without following any of the early steps, and wiped my Emby settings. The guide was really easy to follow and seems to have fixed everything for me!

Thanks you!

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
TaTranky

I've been trying to migrate to DSM7 on my Synology DS415+, however, I am not successfull when trying to install Emby on the updated NAS. I've tried with the package Center, and with the manueal install and choosing the appropriate file (64 bit I beleive is the right one for INTEL Atom C2538?😞

I get the same error on both methods:

Screenshot2024-03-09141607.png.0c1762d6374e0c3098baf592248c7122.png

It has to be said, that I didn't follow the instructions, until I realized that things wasn't working... I simply upgraded everything in the DSM ui, and then realized that emby wasn't working, and then came here...

Home you guys can help?

On 3/9/2024 at 8:36 AM, TaTranky said:

I've been trying to migrate to DSM7 on my Synology DS415+, however, I am not successfull when trying to install Emby on the updated NAS. I've tried with the package Center, and with the manueal install and choosing the appropriate file (64 bit I beleive is the right one for INTEL Atom C2538?😞

I get the same error on both methods:

Screenshot2024-03-09141607.png.0c1762d6374e0c3098baf592248c7122.png

It has to be said, that I didn't follow the instructions, until I realized that things wasn't working... I simply upgraded everything in the DSM ui, and then realized that emby wasn't working, and then came here...

Home you guys can help?

Hi, what version of DSM are you on?

TaTranky

I've now reverted back to "DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 7".

But i tried to install DSM 7, don't know exactly which version, but it said I was fully updated, so I would assume it was 7.1.1-42962 Update 6.

7 hours ago, TaTranky said:

I've now reverted back to "DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 7".

But i tried to install DSM 7, don't know exactly which version, but it said I was fully updated, so I would assume it was 7.1.1-42962 Update 6.

Why revert dsm?

TaTranky
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Why revert dsm?

Well, didn't get it to install emby, and needed to service to be running...

1 hour ago, TaTranky said:

Well, didn't get it to install emby, and needed to service to be running...

Were you trying to install via package center or by manual package upload?

TaTranky
On 15/03/2024 at 21:46, Luke said:

Were you trying to install via package center or by manual package upload?

I've tried both... same result

1 hour ago, TaTranky said:

I've tried both... same result

You said you were on DSM 7.1. Are you able to update to DSM 7 .2?

TaTranky
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

You said you were on DSM 7.1. Are you able to update to DSM 7 .2?

No, didn't seem like that was available for the DS415+

It's not available directly on the DS415+ but you may still be able to install it. Try pulling down from Synology the DSM version for the 920+ and give that a shot installing it. The DS415+ and the DS900+ normally run the same OS version and are part of the same family of 4 Bay NAS. Try downloading DSM 7.2.1 by picking the 920+ and let us know how you make out installing that on your NAS.

Carlo