How to effectively fight the German parental guidance mess

darkside40

darkside40

Hi there,

i hope somebody has a solution for me, else it would mean a lot of manual editing.

I manage approx. 570 TV Series with my Emby Server, 507 have a wrong parental rating, i would like the german FSK Ratings but they are all over the place. German, US, British, French Ratings etc.

I dont think there is a mechanism in Emby with "translates" those ratings (which would be useful), on the other hand i have not found an effective way of mass editing these ratings. Is there one where i can filter series with a wrong parental tag to then change these ratings for many series at once? Or is there any third party software which could do this?

Happy2Play

I would use something like notepad++ and do a find and replace.  It would search all nfo files and fine set wrong value and place with the value you want.

But you would run into issues if items were ever Refreshed as it would return to provider value.

TinyMediaManager can filter and bulk edit.

• Like 1

darkside40

@Luke What kind of example would you like?

For example the Series American Chopper is listed with TV-PG but because i dont know where Emby gets its parental Infos from in dont know if it is the providers fault.

@Happy2Playyep thats the problem, i could have a look at every series nfo, but i dont know if it will be changed back in case of an update. Beeing hones on SQL Level that could not be so complicated.

darkside40

Cool i have a look at that, but i ask myself if the trigger could be overwritten by an Emby Update and what happens with the nfo Files.

• 4 months later...
darkside40

Okay that still is an issue for me.

I tried modifying the database  which didnt went well. So is there a solution to mass edit the Parantal rating in Emby?

Can we please look at a specific example, along with your settings for the library that it belongs to? Thanks.

darkside40

I dont have a example anymore. In the past days i manually edited all the faulty Parental Guidance Ratings.

Was a hell lot of work, rendering my Emby Server useless by manually Editing the DB etc, wasnt woth it.