Series folder name

frumpl

frumpl

Some time back, Emby changed the folder where it was saving recorded TV shows from Series Name to Series Name (Year). I was happy with that change since I thought it was a better way.

Now, Emby has started to revert back. Recent recordings are going into a folder named Series Name. So now I have multiple folders for a show. For example, Good Girls (2018) and Good Girls.

I don't see anywhere to configure the naming convention. I have not changed the guide data, still using Emby Guide Data. Maybe the data changed, but why can't Emby figure out a folder already exists?

You can see in the screenshot that the year-less series were recorded recently.

Capture.PNG.9d68174444f097fe58d859eec5f11be4.PNG

Hi, please attach the emby server log from a recording example. thanks.

frumpl

I had 2 shows record last night (Lego Masters and Mental Samurai), but they both recorded in the correct folder. Last week , Mental Samurai recorded into a folder without the year, but this week into the correct folder. Logs attached, but not sure it'll help since it recorded correctly. I'll have to grab logs if it does it again. I was out of town last week when it happened.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

embyserver.txt

Hi, just curious but take a look at your EPG before a recording starts to see if the year is present.

That is correct. It tries to get the year from whatever internet metadata providers you've enabled on the recordings library.

• Thanks 1

frumpl

Ok, making sense now. At some point while I was out of town, my router had an issue and no devices on my network could reach the internet. Sounds like Emby knew the show name, but couldn't retrieve the year, so it named the folder without the year.

Seems like there should be a way to set each show's location. That way, Emby would only need to get the year once. If it couldn't the user could adjust the setting.

Some I'd love to see is being able to setup recordings from the TV Library area (not Live tv area) so that you could for example set it to record missing episodes of any show.  This would of course likely know all the show info including the year, plus you could setup a series recording this way even when the show isn't in the guide (off season). In this way it could also give you the option to record right to the TV folder as well.

• Like 1