No display of recordings when using M3U

Siutsch

Siutsch

I use to replace TV Mosaic (which from use of DSM 7.0 including the DVB-S2 sticks on the Synology should no longer run) now recently TVheadend.

The TVheadend plugin unfortunately does not work great, so I now use, like many others, the M3U list of TVheadend and XMLTV (using the EasyEPG script).

I realize that you no longer schedule recordings directly on the TVheadend server and perform directly within Emby.
The recording directory is the same for both TVheadend and Emby.

I have been using an extra library to display the recordings for a while now.

If I now display the recordings within the TV function in Emby, then nothing is displayed to me.
I would have expected that here the same directory is displayed, which one has set in Emby.

Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Thank you very much.

Hi, did you configure the recording directory in Emby DVR settings?

Siutsch

Yes, I did.

It is the same directory that I specified directly in TVheadened.

And Emby also uses that when you schedule a shot from within Emby.

I just took another shot.
This was done correctly, Emby created a new directory for it, but the recording is not displayed.
Nothing is displayed, not even the other recordings that exist.

In the library for the recordings, however, it can be seen correctly.

Emby does not seem to use the recording directory specification when displaying recordings from the TV function when using M3U lists for TV.

Edited by Siutsch

Hi, if I understand your setup correctly Emby is not doing the recording so you would not want Emby's recording directory pointed to TVHeadend.

Instead add the TVHeadend recording path to a new mixed content library you create.

Let me know if that works for you.

Siutsch

No, I don't think you quite understood me.

Both TVheadend and Emby share the same recording directory.

And both TVheadend and Emby can record in it.
And I have always had an extra library for this recording directory.

But when I display the recordings from the Live TV environment in Emby, it's empty!

grafik.png.f495011bcb79b4e8e1876410256418e9.png

As I already wrote, Emby does not seem to use the recording directory specification when displaying recordings from the Live TV environment when using M3U lists for TV.

I understand but what I'm saying is you don't want to share recording folders with tvheadend in Emby.

If you want to record using both, set them to different folders. Emby's recording folder should only be used for things it recorded.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you configure the recording directory in Emby DVR settings?

What director did you configure?

Siutsch

I have specified a directory exactly at the place where you just do that in Emby:

grafik.png.e6ba1cb78a911f4f190a4ba36ad29960.png

But I don't understand the question either.
Since Emby can make recordings correctly and save them in this directory, it is obviously configured correctly!

My question in this context is just:
Why don't I see the content in this directory when I click on "Recordings" in the TV section.
Here you would expect Emby to display the content from this directory specified in the configuration.

And as I have already written:
I have had emby done some recordings.
Nothing is displayed, not even the other recordings that exist (which I did with TV Mosaic in the past).

I understand if TVheadend does not show recordings in the same directory if they were not created by TVheadend itself, since obviously a database entry belonging to it is also created.

But Emby had displayed all files in the recording directory in connection with the TV Mosaic plugin I used before.
Since switching to M3U (instead of a dedicated plugin) nothing is displayed here anymore.

And that surprises me and can't actually be correct.

When using a plugin a lot of functionality is handled by the plugin and not the core Emby server.  When using m3u file, now Emby Server is handling things.

Emby's Recording folder should really only be used for it's own content and not from other sources.  If you want content from other sources to show up, add/create a new library for them.

Siutsch

Yes, I understand.

That's why I've had an extra library for the recordings for a long time.

Nevertheless, I don't understand why Emby doesn't show the content of the associated recording directory in M3U mode.

Siutsch

Sorry for my persistent demand ...

But how is that now:
Is there, when not using a dedicated PVR plugin, but import a M3U list, no way to get the recording directory correctly configured in Emby displayed within the TV environment, or do I have here somehow a comprehension problem?

Of course I can simply use my extra created library of this directory, but why this can not be displayed in this way, I do not understand.

Thanks.

Edited by Siutsch

If you don't have a LiveTV plugin installed and you are only using a M3U file then any recordings being done by Emby itself should show up in the Recording Library.

Edited by cayars

Siutsch

I don't think so.

As I wrote:
I have had emby done some recordings.
Nothing is displayed.

That's the reason for my question here.

Can't any of the Emby programmers here create a recording using M3U and then display the recording directory?

This actually looks like a bug to me.

This works for me just fine.  That's why we're trying to figure out what might be different on your system.

Could you upload your current EmbyServer.log file for us to look at?