what happened to "Included in"?

MrGiles

MrGiles

Until the latest release of Emby server, when viewing songs in my music library it used to show if a particular song was included in any of my playlists.  This feature now seems to have disappeared, although it still exists for my music videos library.  Was this intentional, as it was a very useful feature, and there doesn't seem to be any easy way to see if a particular song has been included in a playlist without manually searching through every playlist (not practical when you have hundreds).  

vdatanet

I can see this information using the folder view. This song is included in Queen playlist:

266364189_Capturadepantalla2021-07-04alas20_14_15.thumb.png.f4a11b86822021bc5ee82e7727e1ad0b.png

Hi @MrGiles, what particular screen are you looking at when you do this? Can you please show us an example? Thanks.

MrGiles

I normally use Album Artist view, or Album view - when you select an Album, it shows you a list of tracks but no "included in".  If you select a specific track in this view, it just plays it

However, it does seem that Folder View works differently - if you select a specific track, it doesn't play it, but instead shows you more info, including the "Included In" information that's missing from the other Views. 

Is this intentional?  Just seems a bit odd that different views of the same music library offer different functionality.   I'm sure that's not how it used to work, as I've only ever used Album Artist or Album views before, and I used to see the "Included In" information for playlists; now it's gone from that view.  Unless I'm mistaken, and getting confused in my old age.

ABC1.JPG

Hi.  As you discovered, this is because there is currently no detail view for individual songs in the normal views so there is nowhere to show this information as it is the individual songs that are in the playlists, not the album.

OK i see what you mean. Previously if you added a song to a playlist or collection, then the album detail screen would show those lists in included in. That's something that got lost during 4.6 development but it's something we can look at. Thanks.

• Like 1